Thread: Virulent attack on Hindu Dharma by Ignorant Zakir Naik

Virulent attack on Hindu Dharma by Ignorant Zakir Naik

Namaste,

Dr Zakir Naik is a self-proclaimed know-all of all scriptures of all religions on this earth. He keeps denigrating every religion other than Islam to prove supremacy of Islam again and again. Normally, such people don't need any attention but when millions of people start believing this, it becomes a matter of grave concern. I don't know how a person who is not from a particular religion can claim to understand the scriptures of that religion better than what the followers of that religion do but that is exactly the case here.

He relies on half-truths and lies to spread his poisonous thoughts among his gullible fans. Sadly, many Hindus too come under influence of such speakers and start believing that what he is saying is right.

Let's take it one-by-one :

1. Image-worship is not endorsed by Hindu Scriptures :
    The biggest issue that Dr Zakir Naik has with Hindu Dharma that we worship images and therefore we are sinful as per their scripture. But he also adds that we are not following our scripture too because SvetAsvatar Upanishad and Yajurveda says, "Na Tasya PratimA asti" i.e. there is no image of that lord.

Truth:
    It is true that the verse says, "Na tasya PratimA asti". So, can we say that God is formless ? Let's assume that it is so for argument sake. Now, does the Upanishad / Veda say that God cannot be worshiped through any image ? Nowhere in the entire Vedas, Image-worship has been banned. None of our scriptures say that if God is worshiped through "his" image, He would be so angry that He would throw us into fire of hell for eternity ! There is no need to remind the Hindus with this verse. God has been described as Ananta i.e. Infinite and which covers everything in this universe and anything which is Infinite cannot have a definite shape.

But are we deducing what the shape and size of God is or that He can't be worshiped through an image ? It is the latter and that has no support in the verse quoted. So, for this half-truth, Dr Zakir Naik gets applaud of his thousands of audience !! Image is a convenient tool to connect to God. Before worshiping an image, the priest does "PrAnpratishThA" of that image and requests God to come and stay in that image so that He can be worshiped through that image. Image-worship procedure are available in Agamas and PurANas.

Incidentally, the correct meaning of the above verse is "There is nothing like Him" i.e. there is nothing with whom He can be compared. "PratimA" means "image" but also means "exactly as one is" and that is the correct meaning in that verse.

2. Lord Ganesha is not God :

This is a highly condemnable statement of Zakir Naik. In support of his argument, he says :
    "Lord Ganesha cannot be omniscient/omnipotent God. Why ? Because how can a son who is God can fail to recognise His father and Lord Shiva ? When He can forget his father, how can He remember to help us ? So, logically He can't be God." Naik also challenged Hindus to defeat him on this issue if he was wrong.

Truth :

Our Scriptures say that God is the sole Reality and whatever else we see has only relative reality and both the realities exist simultaneously all the time. God is Infinite and that all Hindu scriptures say but God can be perceived in a definite shape and size too ... that too is possible and both the realities exist simultaneously. This complex nature of Reality is very difficult to understand. MAndukya Upanishad tells us that Turiya is the Ultimate Reality which cannot be described and that is the Self and that is Brahman. But same Brahman has been described in other verses as Waking state, Dreaming state and Deep sleep state too. Brahman exists in all these parallel dimensions of existence simultaneously. I will give an example :

Let's assume that there is a Red Flower in front of us. Now, the flower is perceived red because our eyes convert the signal generated by falling of electromagnetic wave of a particular wavelength into a signal which is perceived by our minds as Red. In reality, there is no colour anywhere. We just perceive it like that. In absence of that programming of mind and the eyes, there is no perception of colour anywhere. So, reality of the flower having a color and having no color exist simultaneously. Again, what would have been seen if the flower was seen not through visible light but with X-rays ? If our eyes / mind were designed to "see" with the help of X-rays and not with the help of "electromagnetic-waves" of visible light range, we would not have been able to see the flower at all (or may be some skeleton of it) !

Brahman cannot be described in words with our mental concepts. This is what our scriptures say again and again. But when you try to perceive Brahman with your mind, you come to ridiculous conclusions of Mr Naik.

God Shiva in form in Deva-loka with the limitations accepted like being ignorant about who the child was and Lord-Shiva in his Infinite form, pervading everything in this universe, omniscient and omnipotent God exist simultaneously in two parallel dimensions of reality. Same is the case with Lord Ganesha. This is how an Avataar is possible. Lord Krishna is a complete Avataar with all his Godly powers. Does that mean that when Lord Krishna was on this earth in his limited form, He stopped being Infinite and stopped pervading this universe ? Definitely not. So, God existed in both dimensions of Reality simultaneously. Therefore, it is logical that in one form in a particular dimension of Reality, he may play the part of a normal Deva of Devlok instead of Omnipotent/Omniscient God but at the same time, maintaining his Omnipresent+Omniscient+Omnipotent nature intact in other dimension of reality. This is popularly known as "Leelaa" of God. So, if you don't understand LeelA of God, it doesn't make Him Non-God ! Due to this peculiar nature of God, sometimes we find Him acting with limited powers and at other places with his full powers.

Contd ....
    OM
    Last edited by devotee; 13 July 2016 at 11:55 PM.
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Re: Virulent attack on Hindu Dharma by Ignorant Zakir Naik

Namaste Devotee ji

There's no use in explaining to pigiots. They have been doing this since ages with impunity. How many Indian Hindus will read what you wrote when scores of Indian Hindus are ready to get converted for the money. I ain't talking about tribals. For money affluent people living in southern States are converting. After TN and Kerala the trend Is catching up in AP.

It requires enormous energy even to educate a well learnt Hindu about the perils of pseudo secularism or the presence of western hand on all these.

When the goal is to destroy Hinduism in India, all Angels sing on the same note. Remember after the Nepal earth quake white robed morons passed insensitive comments on the destroyed Hindu Temples. Search the internet you 'll know I ain't posting cooked up stories....
    Last edited by Anirudh; 14 July 2016 at 11:25 AM.
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

It is very sad to see that troublemakers like Naik get a free pass to brainwash people with misinformation. And it is also of great concern that Xitianity continues to make inroads into even the educated Hindu class. As I see it, one of the reasons is that various gurus and swamis don't get involved with dealing with conversions. Many of them just want to preach their scriptural message, get their money and be done. They reason that Hinduism has been here for thousands of years and no one can get rid of it. The lack of push back by Hindu clergy has always been a sore point with me. What can individuals do to counter this attack on Hinduism?

Pranam.

Namaste Anirudh and Believer ji,

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh
    There's no use in explaining to pigiots. They have been doing this since ages with impunity. How many Indian Hindus will read what you wrote when scores of Indian Hindus are ready to get converted for the money. I ain't talking about tribals. For money affluent people living in southern States are converting. After TN and Kerala the trend Is catching up in AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh

It requires enormous energy even to educate a well learnt Hindu about the perils of pseudo secularism or the presence of western hand on all these.

When the goal is to destroy Hinduism in India, all Angels sing on the same note. Remember after the Nepal earth quake white robed morons passed insensitive comments on the destroyed Hindu Temples. Search the internet you 'll know I ain't posting cooked up stories....

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

It is very sad to see that troublemakers like Naik get a free pass to brainwash people with misinformation. And it is also of great concern that Xitianity continues to make inroads into even the educated Hindu class. As I see it, one of the reasons is that various gurus and swamis don't get involved with dealing with conversions. Many of them just want to preach their scriptural message, get their money and be done. They reason that Hinduism has been here for thousands of years and no one can get rid of it. The lack of push back by Hindu clergy has always been a sore point with me. What can individuals do to counter this attack on Hinduism?
    I can understand what both of you are trying to say to me. I am not sure why I am writing it all here and for whom. But I do have an anger deep within for the lies and half-truths blatantly being used by this mischief-maker and perhaps that is the cause I am writing it all this here. It is also my anguish against all Hindu Scholars who could not argue against him and bring him to his nakedness. I am also angry against our Law-enforcing agencies impotence for their helplessness in curbing this man from spewing his venom zgainst Hindu Dharma without any fear. If any Hindu would have done the same thing using similar platform against Islam, the same Law-enforcing agencies would have put him behind prison without a second thought.

Why do we all just helplessly sit and see all this happening against our religion ? He lives in India which is the homeland of billions of Hindus and keeps denigrating our religion managing to get scot free even while doing all this. You can imagine his boldness by what he said "Ganesha is not God" in Mumbai when the Ganesh Chaturthi was being celebrated in Mumbai. Mumbai + Ganesh Chauturthi + insult of Ganesha is highly unimaginable ! What happened to Tigers of Shiv-sena who claim to be the champions of Hindu Dhram in Maharashtra ??

May be I write it all to show our own Hindu Brethren and sisters that they be aware of such stupid tactics of this man. I think we should write somewhere, discuss it somewhere. Why ? I have found that Zakir Naik's followers keep pestering Hindus over such questions on social media and I find them helpless in answering these stupid questions. May be, my explanations help someone. Already we have seen how almost entire Kerala has got converted, how gullible young people get converted. May be someone answers them in a manner that their this spread like cancer is stopped.

OM

On second thought, I have decided not to go further in this thread. However, if anyone has any questions arising out of such malicious propaganda against Hindu Dharma, we can discuss in this thread.

OM

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    On second thought, I have decided not to go further in this thread. However, if anyone has any questions arising out of such malicious propaganda against Hindu Dharma, we can discuss in this thread.

OM
    Namaste

I learnt that Mahaa Bharat preaches us to do our duty.

I wanted to ask you what's the use if it is not used or seldom used. It's indirect request to spread the awareness. If Bheeshma Drona and Dhthrashtra and many more learned people had not remained silent and done their duty, Gandhari wouldn't have lost her sons. One may argue / say it was all predestined. I don't think so. There is no sane reason to believe that God (Shreeman Naaraayan) wanted to perform a leela. If he wanted to perform a leela didn't he find better way than indulging Duryodhana to disrobe a woman no matter how many husbands she had. Characterization of Paanchaali Vaali Ganesha and many other controversial individuals found in our scriptures reveal very deep meaning. Also, Scriptures say Shriman Naaraayan is deeply hurt every time HE is forced to take the sword for weeding.

So if you think you possess the knowledge to counter the propagated
    fake or incorrect information, please make sure the correct reaches as many people as possible. if we are aware of the stumbling blocks we device methods to handle them. don't we?

If our Grand Grand++ parents had not engraved the knowledge systematically on different media we would have lost all our scriptures.

May I ask you a thing ? European language especially English has reached all places yet it's not able to replace Indian languages. Why?
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

Zakir Naik has been banned in the U.K for his speeches, so I read. If he indulges in propaganda vilifying other religions and their religious beliefs, he has to be banned in India as well.

Pranam.

Namaste,
    Banning that imbecile in a country like India will never happen because of possible social unrest or what might the followers do if the government does it. The problem for good or bad is our religious tolerance and careless attitude toward Hinduism. Islam is the adharma of the planet and it has its own agenda that is why it's spreading like a wildfire on the planet. When adharma gets out of control necessary steps will be taken care of like how it's mentioned in our scriptures. We'll just have to wait.

On the other hand we can do our duty to uphold the dharma to the extent possible.
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Hari Om!

AjayJi, I disagree that India would ban Naik. Muslims have too much power in the world today and India is much too tolerant already. It simply will not happen.

Naik is a true master, a master manipulator.

Thread Information