Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Saturn so powerful?

Exclamation Why is Saturn so powerful?

Namaste,

Lord Saturn is so powerful with number 8 dominating the events in all history including behind the great people that came into this world. Tesseract (Net of Indra) is also symbol of Saturn. How did the planet come to dominate so much on earth?

Regards,
    realdemigod

ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Re: Why is Saturn so powerful?

Namaste

I am new to this forum. I have a question and don't know whether this is right thread to ask. I am currently under sade sati and rahu mehadesha. A few days back I saw a vivid dream, I am saying to a group of people and sages that now I know where should I go and nobody cna harm me and I was entering in shani dev temple or house where shani dev is sitting on his throne and saying something while smiling.
    what could that mean as I am a bit apprehensive about the result and meaning of this dream.

Shani is considered the most powerful planet in the universe and every living being on earth is influenced by the blue rays of Saturn, who gives good and bad results according to one's own Karma.

Saturn is known as the magistrate, who is the lord of Truth, Justice, Honesty, Sincerity and Duty.

Lord Shani affects all humans with 3 seven and half year cycles during a man's lifetime and affects gods to a lesser extent, for seven and half minutes according to their karmas.

Quote Originally Posted by realdemigod View Post
    Namaste,

Lord Saturn is so powerful with number 8 dominating the events in all history including behind the great people that came into this world. Tesseract (Net of Indra) is also symbol of Saturn. How did the planet come to dominate so much on earth?

Regards,
    realdemigod

Quote Originally Posted by Garima View Post
    Namaste

I am new to this forum. I have a question and don't know whether this is right thread to ask. I am currently under sade sati and rahu mehadesha. A few days back I saw a vivid dream, I am saying to a group of people and sages that now I know where should I go and nobody cna harm me and I was entering in shani dev temple or house where shani dev is sitting on his throne and saying something while smiling.
    what could that mean as I am a bit apprehensive about the result and meaning of this dream.

Namaste,
    This is not the right thread for your query but it's fine. You are very fortunate to have such vivid dream with very clear meaning that too during your sade sati period. You need to implement what you saw and said in your dream, i.e., surrendering yourself to Shani Dev. When you surrender yourself to Shani Dev, basically you are making peace with momentary reality and Lord Saturn is time personified.
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by manish View Post
    Shani is considered the most powerful planet in the universe and every living being on earth is influenced by the blue rays of Saturn, who gives good and bad results according to one's own Karma.
    Saturn is known as the magistrate, who is the lord of Truth, Justice, Honesty, Sincerity and Duty.
    Lord Shani affects all humans with 3 seven and half year cycles during a man's lifetime and affects gods to a lesser extent, for seven and half minutes according to their karmas.
    I would be most interested in reviewing the sources¹ that helped form your opinions that are offered in the above quote on śani¹.

For those new to this 7 ½ years of śani you may find this of use...
    This period is called śad sāti ; a specific configuration of where śani resides in one's natal chart ( janma kuṇḍalī) is necessary for this condtion to take place.
    Some people say this śad-sāti term means '7 1/2 years of Saturn' (influence). Perhaps to the casual observer this may be the case. Yet with closer inspection, I find the wisdom of the ancient jyotiṣa naming this time remarkably brilliant. Here are some of the qualities of this śad sāti time period.
    • śad is to fall off, to fall from ; yet in the term śad sāti, śad is used as 'half' from the notion that śad is also 'to cut off' and hence its applied to half ( 1/2 ).
    • Now what of this sāti ? If the wise wanted to write '7' they could have just written sapta सप्त, 7. Then it would be called śad saptan and there would little doubt that it was a 7 1/2 year period.
      • Maybe even lava लव (fragment , piece , particle , bit , little piece). Yet the śastri ( one who knows doctrine, teacher) picked sāti, and here IMHO is why.
      • sāti साति is first used as gaining, obtaining. Its second use is endings. destruction, pain. Its 3rd use, it's the name of a meter (meter is called chandas छन्दस् ). This meter is called padanicṛt or padanikṛt. This is pada + ni + kṛt .

• Pada is a step, stride, a portion + ni is the 7th musical note or niṣadha + kṛt is to cut or split ( kṛt is also making to doing, performing and also applies)
        • So this meter is that which is cut (kṛt) into parts (pada) of 7's (ni). For me this is just brilliant !

Now you must be thinking why go through all that word-smithing where the śastri could have just said saptan (7) . It is because of the additional meanings that are carried with sāti. We said sāti साति is used as 'gaining, obtaining'. Its second use is 'endings, destruction, pain'. By using this word its potency is that within this 7 1/2 year period, one gains and obtains pain.

Hence this is the insightful definition that can be brought to śad sāti which in one stroke tells you the period of time ( 7 1/2 years) and the quality of the time period.

Defining the configuration of
    śad sāti
    We have yet to define this astrologically. Śad sāti is when this śanaiscara (saturn, the slow moving one) is in the 12th, then moves to the 1st and 2nd house from the natal position of the moon. That is , it is transiting ( residing or gocara) in the 12th from the moon, then moves in the same house as the moon ( in one's birth chart) and then in the 2nd house from the moon in one's birth chart. This period takes ~ 7 1/2 years to complete.

Further ( old posts) on śani :

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1700
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1702
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1707

इतिशिवं
    iti śivaṁ

words

• śanais शनैस् means quietly , softly , gently , gradually. So we have śanais as gradually, softly + cara चर moving, walking , wondering. Hence śani is considered śanaye kramati sa - the one possessing or containing ~ with the attribute~ (sa) who moves or proceeds ( krama) slowly (śani), quietly (śanais).
    • Notable sources : ṛṣi jaimini who was the student of veda vyāsa, the brihat-parāśara-horā-śāstra by mahārishi parāśara, jyotiṣa varāha-mihira ācārya , sārāvalī-ji ( his work kalyāṇa varma), and the like.

Last edited by yajvan; 17 August 2016 at 12:53 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste yajvan,

Thanks for sharing your expertise here
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

Saturn is called as the Planet of Truth. It is concerned with justice, righteousness, right conduct and attitude. It Creates sorrow, suffering and enmity on basis of our deeds and karma's with a view to teach the person the real truth of life.

Quote Originally Posted by realdemigod View Post
    Namaste,

Regards,
    realdemigod

Jupiter—or “good old Jupe” as LaFrance sweetly calls it—is a fine planet. It is, as she notes, the largest in our solar system. But there is something a bit gauche about Jupiter’s size, something akin to the sad glory of a prize-winning giant pumpkin. Given its dull, beige-dominated color scheme, Jupiter has to lean hard on its superlative size in order to be noticed. Like its namesake, the sky god of thunder and lightning, Jupiter is all shock and awe, all brute, all bully.

Jupiter is the beast to Saturn’s beauty.

Think of Saturn hanging in space, glowing like a streetlamp in fog, the tilt of its record-groove rings suggesting something imaginative, or even mad. Though it’s a giant planet, second only to Jupiter in size, Saturn somehow manages to give off an ethereal vibe. And it’s not only a vibe—were there an ocean large enough to contain it, Saturn would float.

I think it is because people of this world are so lost in the mirage of greed, anger, dishonesty and lust. It is natural that in a modern era Saturn would be the planet seeming to have the most impact on day to day lives.

Nilanjana Samabasham Ravi Putram Yamagrajam ChayaMartanda Shambutam Tam Namami Shanescharam

Quote Originally Posted by manish View Post

Jupiter, has been considered as the JUDGE; Saturn has been seen as the EXECUTIONER...

There is a rather small but very illustrative account known as SHANI MAHATMAY which illustrates through a formative segment from the life of an Indian King, Raja Harishchandra.

Saturn Blessings...!

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Thread Information