Thread: Raamaayan and Sri Lanka....

Light Raamaayan and Sri Lanka....

Namaste,

Here is an excellent website http://www.ramayanaresearch.com/index.html to know more about the Raamaayan.

Also the website claims the following. If it is true, then we (GOI) should be ashamed

The Central Government of India appointed a committee of 14 historians to identify the authenticity of Ramayana but was unable to find any historical or archaeological evidence in India. However, Sri Lanka can prove the validity of Ramayana with available archaeological and historical evidences.

I am look for the move done by ASI India (till date) to find factual information on Raamaayana. I could not any on the web, may be I am not good at searching things on the internet. Is there a public domain to get factual details about the Ramayana?
    Anirudh...

Re: Raamaayan and Sri Lanka....

Namaste,

If a website disseminates misinformation, why is it classified as "excellent"?

Muslims always destroyed temples and built mosques at the exact same spots with the stones recovered from demolition to obliterate any signs of the original structures. In Delhi, the Qutab Minar was built from the stones recovered from destroying a temple at the spot; the pillars of which with Hindu motifs are standing in the adjoining structure. Similarly, mandirs in Ayodhya were destroyed and mosques built in their places. More aggressive search on the web is recommended.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeology_of_Ayodhya

Pranam.

Namaste
    If a website disseminates misinformation, why is it classified as "excellent"?
    More aggressive search on the web is recommended.
    Kindly look into the website and check what it has to offer. I think the guy as done a decent work. I have studied bit of SL history. What hurts me why ASI can't do anything about it.

It's been almost 7 or 8 years I have fallen in love with Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu till date have seen only inconclusive ONLY information. The nearest is Vaalmiki Raamaayan, and other renderings are either the work of fiction or adaptation according to the respective geographical demands or both. If I go by Vaalmiki Raamaayan, history of Raameshwaram temple is a question mark?

Hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

Please don't tell that invaders have destroyed our history completely. Call me fanatic or lunatic but my heart is not ready to accept. Also please read the link you gave,( even though wiki is not a authentic resource) it s inconclusive. May I ask you question, hopefully you ll listen to your heart than the educated conditioned brain. Do you really think invaders possessed the capability to wipe out all the traces of Shree Raam that we ll not be able to join the pieces?

In my dreams have seen temples that I did not visit in the past. I was awestruck when I saw them on a later date. If an ordinary person like me (full of impurities) can feel the touch of Sriman Naaraayan why the living saints of our era are silent. Do you think they wouldn't have been touched by Sriman Naaraayan?

It simply mean there is no political will to make it happen and that's precisely I want to tell the forum. Hey guys, there's one man from a neighboring country has done some research and what are we doing?

Namaste,

Here are some random thoughts on a number of topics,

Ram Bhagwan is a reality and so are the mandirs that Hindus build for every deity. I accept that as I don't have neither the appetite/desire nor number of years left in my life to DEMAND a scientific proof for all things spiritual; which includes the existence of mandirs. I appreciate your desire to not accept that muslims destroyed everything Hindu without proof, but that is your choice. If one follows the route that Alexander took for reaching India, the foundations of ancient temples of different cultures were used by Christians to build their houses of worship and then the muslims knocked down those structures and used the foundations to build their masjids. That is how human civilizations work. Not understanding and accepting it is living in denial. Muslims are very, very particular about building their masjids in the conquered lands at the exact spot where the previous civilization's house of god stood.

In another thread you asked me to write about the modern girls. If you have the desire to write something about them, please go ahead and make a post. Everyone is entitled to making posts in the forum. Good and bad people exist and we have to be selective in who we associate with and who we choose to marry.

ASI is a Govt agency and is constantly under Govt pressure to come out with findings that suit the administration in Delhi. To say that there is no political will on the part of the central govt. is shortsighted. The govt. reflects the will of the people. Without taking the people along with them on their different endeavors, the govt. would collapse. So, it is the people who don't want to push the things too far. Without doing much for Hindus, there is already a move by the "intellectual class" to defame the govt by claiming an increase in intolerance. The Govt. does what it can based on how much support it has from people. It is the Hindus who act stupid and work against their own interests and don't show enough support for the Govt. Bangkok International airport has a large display of Sagar Manthan. Nothing like that could be put up at a public place in Bharat, the land of Hindus, because we have been brainwashed into thinking that being secular means giving up our culture, our traditions, our religion. It is not the lack of political will that hampers furthering the cause of Hinduism, but the thinking of stupid, english speaking "intellectuals". So the fault lies with US. We are the ones to be blamed for acting "secular" and becoming a doormat for non-Hindus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DNBODQrx1k

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Here are some random thoughts on a number of topics,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DNBODQrx1k
    Pranam.
    Namaste Believer ji

Without any positive outcome we can keep playing with words. I am sure both of us aren't interested in doing that.

I am neither a Saint nor an accomplished person, nevertheless, operate from a belief no matter how much ever one may try to hide the truth, truth manages to reach the surface.

Our scriptures teach, one should have the continuous intent to follow the path of truth and not our convenience. Repeatedly we all have to go through a period of learning curve and desires that take us away from the path of truth. If our intent is strong the duration is temporary. Paandavas committed errors but they followed the path of truth relentlessly. Sacrificed their beloved people to establish truth. Should we think they didn't know life is short? They could have easily established a kingdom as big as Hasthinapura without fighting the war instead going behind Kuru clan.

Did they fight for avenging the insults heaped on them? I leave it to the individual to decide.

You might have observed I don't comment on every thread you create, but few of them create curiosity. In my free time, i read older posts to assess the changes in the thought process of the forum over the years.

Century old slavery has left us with neck deep guilt and self pitying. To blame ourselves every time and all the time is the easiest way instead of getting to the bottom of truth. Superficial self inflicting concepts like sense less Ahimsa, Bhagwaan ki leela etc are strewn in our scriptures (which i strongly consider as later additions or has been misunderstood) and it has plagued us all through our history. What if Asoka the Great had not converted to Buddhism? To establish Akhand Bhaarat (which was his duty, that's why he was chosen among other brothers), Kalinga had to neutralized and he did only that. Isn't it?

During the tyranny of Britishers a famous poet from South upon seeing the division among Indian masses writes, did we grow this plant by watering? No. Its our tears and so how can we leave it to die? Here the plant refers to the thought of freedom. King Chandra Gupta and Accharya Chanakya sacrificed their own life to build a Akhand Bharat. I am not criticizing King Ashoka but reminding the sacrifices made by Chaanakya to build a Akhand Bhaarath and how counter productive is senseless Ahimsa or forgiveness.

Had he been the same ruthless King (people called him as Chand Ashoka before choosing the path of Buddhism), he would have spent his resources on modernizing his defense system, devising protocols to handle infighting and spreading patriotism than Buddhism. Why Tibetans had to take shelter in Karnataka even though they have mastered the art of simplistic life?

This is definitely not a reply or a demand to defend yourself but do you know people have reached on to a collective agreement (They are still working and on a later day may rewrite their findings and assumptions.) that dinosaurs lived about 230 millions years ago. In this time period land masses and water bodies have changed their position size and existence. Facts about Antharyaami Sriman Naaraayan is too big to be hidden or destroyed by म्लेच्छ. I rest my case.
    Anirudh...

Thread Information