Thread: Aliens?

Aliens?

Namaste,

Does anyone here believe in aliens? I sometimes think that Buddha was an alien to teach us of the science of realization. I wonder about others as mentioned before form hindu texts. what do you all think?

Re: Aliens?

Namaste SS,

Interesting topic you've brought up. I'm not sure myself if I believe in the ultra-technologically advanced aliens we have come to know well in various sci-fi movies, but I don't doubt the existence of other intelligent life-forms out in what could well be an infinite universe. When I first read your thought that Buddha could have been an alien, my initial thought was honestly a sceptical one. However, when you think about how there are different "worlds" described in Buddhist texts and about the different devas, or celestial beings, that inhabit them, perhaps the concept of aliens as the individuals who helped to enlighten mankind with knowledge, language and technology is not so crazy.

I'd be interested in hearing what other members have to say about this.
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Namaskar,

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
    Very interesting documentary. I ended up watching all nine parts. Cool.
    satay

Namaste

I thought to open this subject up again if any interest. What does alien mean, something which is different from us, so its too vague a word for me to take serious.

Although not so developed at this time in my studies so I cant go into quotes on Dharma Shastra but I am moved more by the idea that Devas are subtle beings that exist in the subtle body or work through the subtle body, the subtle body can either be universal or individual or maybe we say can the universe or mahatattva is one whole mind shared by many minds, or perhaps another way to say the hiranyagarbha and the Jiva's, so the Devas as of my understanding now are more subtle.

I am slowly building up more understanding of the Devas and the meaning of Deva or light, light as in luminosity rather than a bright physical object. I should take notes and keep more records to give reference to what I am saying. In one Upanishad in a commentary the process of death and decay is explained that Devatas give beauty, strength and all other physical and mental powers and when they withdraw from that individual, death and decay sets in via the absence of the Devatta's power or Vibhuti.

To cut a long story short to get at the meaning of what I am saying is that Deva's are not something external to our senses, they are behind the senses Indra being the top most Deva of the senses.

It was said in one of his watches The Buddha taught the Deva's Dharma, but nobody could see this and his physical body did not move, which again points to seeing Deva's as something more subtle or outside of the range of the normal gross senses.

I have heard many times that the Devattas are lining up to take birth as a human because duality here is in perfect balance, so how can they visit this planet without birth ( although I have not read it in verse ) , so I am not sure at the moment that I can accept an external Being (ALIEN) in a grosser form visiting this planet, as in the same way as we cannot study life on other planets if it exists due to the limitation of our senses in the present human form, they cannot manifest externally due to limitation of being subtle, but can only express partly within grosser phenomenon.

In Srimad Bhagavatam creation and the universe is explained and empiricists reject things like an ocean of milk and other realms and planets as mythology because in grosser physical measurement they cant be measured in our present empirical way, making room for creation and Srimad Bhagavatam to be considered as a mind born explanation of the universe and Devatas being subtle beings beyond the realm of the present senses, which then leads the Sadhaka more inward rather than outwards.

Namaste,
    I agree to your point that Devas are within us as we are part of Ultimate Reality from which everything in the cosmos comes. Both logic and experience can validate that.

But I would not call them aliens. A perfect example of alien to me at least is Lord Shiva. No one knows from where he came but he is the big daddy of all the occult knowledge. And I don't know for sure if Shiva is the Source of occult knowledge or Shakti, as both are inseparabale principles for reality. Again it's debatable whether we could call them aliens. This is the limitation on our language.
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Namaste,

Not criticizing anyone's interest but it is beyond me to even consider our revered deities as Aliens. In an another web site, the writer had tried to equate figures like Arjuna, Bheema etc as aliens. I don't want to promote those site(s), hence not providing the link. As for as I understand, this is an effort to undermine our religious scriptures. I respect non dual philosophy even though on a personal note find it incomplete and illogical.

Strict following of non dualism make our scriptures (especially the Purana(s) and epics) redundant, meaning less or mere fables. Why our seers invested time to write them? To prove something which s not real, people even go the extreme end of finding new meanings which supports their argument. That's sad. In the past, we have even seen threads which questioned the existence of Vaikunt lok and so on.

PS: BTW, what is the compulsion to re start a 7 year old thread, especially when the links provided by the OP is not accessible?
    Anirudh...

Namaste,
    To some it might sound disrespectful but not to me, these are just words. My love for Shiva or Shakti will not change because of how I see them, as humans or Gods or aliens. And I was actually making the point toward the true definition of the word 'alien' but it depends on how someone tries to interpret them. It's very difficult to get your head around some inconsistencies in our Puranas, epics etc., at our current level of consciousness. When we raise our consciousness we will be able to see the meaning what Rishis were trying to convey. It doesn't matter to me whether Ksna existed but the fact that I feel elated listening to Krsna songs, seeing his beauty and even chanting Hare Krsna Maha Mantra is a testimony to the existence of transcedental being which is beyond all our human conception.

I don't know may be satay can help.
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Namaste Anirudh Ji,

PS: BTW, what is the compulsion to re start a 7 year old thread, especially when the links provided by the OP is not accessible?

Recently I was in discussion with a friend on the origins of Crop Cirlcles, they have appeared in India too. One of my yatras in UK is Avebury its pre Roman and many crop cirlces have appeared in that area, many people do not how they come about and there is much speculation about their origins, are they self manifesting phenomenon, aliens, Devas or Asuras visiting earth, basically anything goes as long as they are not man made because that has apparently been proven to be impossible, so there must be some other source.

I have visited this area for 20 years and can safely conclude with full confidence that they are man made. That does not cover over the fact that man can be and is empowered by other universal forces that act through man, so I wanted to explore that side of things more and give no credit to any type of alien invasion and in no way would I use any form or name within Dharmic traditions as an alien, not in the modern context of how it is used anyway.

My theory which is partially based on the Vedic or Dharmic ways of various literature is that for things to take effect in this world there has to be birth on this planet, in any shape of form all sentient and organic life can display innumerable vibhutis and varying universal powers in this domain but they have to take birth first. Even Sri Krsna took Birth, same as Lord Rama, even Hanuman~even though they are considered to be not ordinary birth. In Mahabharata all the pandavas were amsa's of devas such as Indra, Yamaraja, Ect in Arjuna and Maharaja Yudhistira, but their super normal abilities were of a higher universal devic force being expressed through man, making man not just a sentient earthly being but also an instrument of devic forces and the polar opposite. This theory which is a work in progress builds a type of universal awareness, and at the same time makes the vedic puranic expression one of divinity and explanation of the Absolute reality with all its variety and infinity which ever expands., and am refuted the so called Alien as coming from an outside source that is not born and penetrates this planet like ET as rubbish.

I also use HDF as a type of google on Hinduism in the search facility so its the subject that I look at not the date and used a couple of things as props to help see if I can find the right context about universal forces within our domain. In Mahabharata some say it was an intergalactic war of devas and asuras and make it out to be like star wars, it does undermine the message and actual power that is being manifest to us, and as far as I know each person fighting was born on this planet, if ever there is some other worldliness within the devic relams its in a different dimension of consciousness which then manifests in this world through compounded phenomenon. It can turn into a very broad and expanding topic, many things can be understood, perhaps even the perfect synthesis between the empirical and mind sciences, which should really be the right and left hand of knowledge not opposing.

I am still in the early stages, I understand very clearly what I mean but have not learned how to express it properly in a post.
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 27 August 2016 at 01:47 AM.

Thread Information