Thread: Should I share my experiences with others?

Should I share my experiences with others?

Namaste all..
    I have decided to stay away from internet.. But yet I am some in contact with it.. I have one question I am confused with..

As we all have, I also have many experiences regarding to Almighty God.. Experiencing him is just so much blissful, can't tell in words.. There are many psychic experiences too which looks far away from just hallucinations..

I didn't tell this all experiences to my family members, they are unaware abt my spiritual path.. So I don't tell it to more peoples.. But when I found someone who is spiritual or if I am talking on spiritual or psychic topic with someone then I mostly end up telling them mostly all things.. I become like open book for them, so that I can guide them or they can guide me telling their similar or much superior experiences.. But I always think it's right or wrong?
    I heard that sharing experiences increases ones ego (ahamkār)?
    But I like to hear other experiences because it gives me strength in flowing opposite to normal or material world..

So to be clear, should I tell people about my spiritual, psychic experiences or my love towards Almighty! In what condition I should not share it.. Or I should never share?
    Thanx and pranam..
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Re: Should I share my experiences with others?

Namaste Soul Of Light,

Sometimes good to have a break, let the dust settle, dont get to much into what is what and who thinks what and so on, its all over active manas. Its good to take some time to digest, if you like writing write in private, stay silent in the background at times and let things grow, it cant be forced, it may come in fits and bursts but it should be balanced out with some type of equilibrium, and this starts with mind training in what ever way suites one.

Namaste Markandeya 108 dasa Ji,
    Sorry for late reply.. I agree with you, I should not try much hard.. And let the things grow by itself naturally, Thanx..
    Pranam
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Hey S.O.L.

The good thing that you said was about your aptitude of listening to others and gaining knowledge from their experience. Just go along your path, share what you experience and let the other people do the same with you. I think it will help you comprehend what you experience and might also help the other person in understanding his/her.

Dhanyavad.
    Hari bol

Namaste ABA,
    Thanx for your reply.. Yes. exchange of knowledge increase our knowledge and due to this reason here is hdf..
    But I must be careful when to share and when To become silent
    Pranam
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Hari om

Yes. It is good, and I would like to expand on what you just said above, but I am not precisely sure how to. There is a very interesting and beautiful way that these things tend to happen, I have noticed. Some of it would seem to happen very automatically - without any effort, . . . as we give - especially on a forum like this (that is, a high quality one) - then we are able to receive much as well.

It is like the heart is an open door, through which flows a breeze.

I also recommend writing by hand, drawing, and writing poetry very much. Or any kind of artistic expression - this seems to be one place where, simply the act of doing so, is one of the best ways of reaching heights.

Poetry is one excellent way, as it is possible to express a great deal with it; more than is apparent at first, at times. A poem can have many different aspects to it, and the most sublime of them, can be a source of inspiration, for many decades or perhaps generations (or simply, the present).

Also it is a good way to practice 'karam karo phal ki chinta mat karo',

etc. . . an excellent way - one of the best.

without attachment to results, . . to simply write, dedicating to goodness and so forth, . . . hehe, I am not sure, I have a couple of thoughts more but - even meditating a few minutes, I am not sure which one to say. . .

Ah, in my experience, writing without a thought of good or bad, (in terms of poetry) has been very good to me. . and in the long term, overall it worked that I came to express better.

Of course, I may have written thousands of ... (what is a polite way to put it), 'slightly-less-than-wonderful' poems, before I wrote anything of good quality - yet it was this process of doing so that allowed me to write and learn and grow.

One thing which I learned over time, was that whole, 'Less can be more,' concept which make sense in so many situations. . .

For instance, in driving a car (which I almost neeever do, although my father taught me well. . . ), it is very small adjustments to the wheel, which make a big difference.

And so a light touch. . .

So this was about poetry - but a similar thing could be said for other art.

It was only after writing very many of them, that I was able to experience some of the more beautiful aspects of other ones. . . as well as , with sadhana --

One of the best of my life was spending a few weeks in the forest, (originally with no writing or reading, but later finding some scripture, songs for Sri Caitanya, in my pack. . . about a week after being there - having a kitten with me, too)

So then, that was the best. . . It is pleasant to remember it, one time waking up when the moon passed through the branches of the trees. . .

Anyway, I have gone on a ways, (perhaps inspired by yavjan's post, : ) ,

It was music , especially , from many cultures that opened a lot of this in my brain / heart. . . Joyful tunes from Ireland, for instance Julia Delaney, by Bothy Band, or Banaesa's Green Glade, by Andy Irvine, and others ;

These opened so much in my brain, how music and life, . . . are always together

I had practiced mantras, and meditation, (and writing mantras in cursive on paper was quite wonderful. . . ) - but these were an especial joining for me - and I came to understand about that -- I would listen to them a lot, and it would move me so profoundly, and the harmonies were there and eventually . . . I just stayed there.

Those aren't, weren't quite from India, but the spiritual connection is there, I believe -- nature based, mystic, reverence for nature and forest -- deeply wonderful ;

So that then, when I would return to sadhana - it was with a little more understanding of nature (one of the most obvious benefits, of course being the very freshness of the air in the forest - with a lot of oxygen)

And I think of Bhartrihari's song of renunciation, and of course, the Bhāgavata Purāṇa mentions it many times and places.

Kali is everywhere, we know, - but in the forest, one experiences very much the fresh - and rejuvenating aspects of it. . . as well as, other ones, desert - mountain . . . and forest on a mountain. but for me it was just a level one.

And one of the especial nice things of doing this in a woodland area , is that one is able to sing to the trees, and all the life around.....

Those sacred vibrations are very healthy, and it is a tremendous - it is of such benefit for all the beings around one, in the woodland, other ones and trees, birds, and all - so wonderful.

All the rest is so nice. . . concentration ( when you have no distractions, and you are simply waiting for the sun to rise - or set - it does wonders for concentration. . .)

All of it, I think, prepared me for one of the greatest -- Amma's bhajans, and I am so grateful,.. there are also so many of them.

Sri Ramakrishna katha, Bhagavata Purana, and Savitri is a wonderful trio, by the way, . . a little while later I learned.

When I mention music of other cultures, I'm also thinking 'Rasta Girl,' by Jamaican Sister Carol, . . 'Elfdance,' by Moondog,

and so many else -- God is a universal, and it has been my experience that learning from so many of them, only enhances..

Jamaica for instance, while not Hindu, as I understand, were influenced by sadhus from India, and so forth, -

So I have written, kinda a lot I guess. . . . . I wanted to say -- Blaze the way, Soul of Light..!

Look forward to seeing your share - as Sri Ramakrishna talked about, 'You are free!'

'We have two hands so that with one hand, we may help another up, while the other, we may receive help,'

(forgive, please, this is a remembrance of something I remember reading from him, but I was not able to quite find the exact quote, so it is only paraphrased -- by Swami Vivekananda)

okay. !

Devi Devi Devi...

Pranam

(times when one should be silent, or quiet,. . other times when one should speak, . . on being bold, Swami Vivekananda was quite... for it. : ) . . (thinking of these/ this collection of quotes - http://www.utdallas.edu/~ramakrishna...ivekananda.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Soul of Light View Post
    I heard that sharing experiences increases ones ego (ahamkār)?
    But I like to hear other experiences because it gives me strength in flowing opposite to normal or material world..

So to be clear, should I tell people about my spiritual, psychic experiences or my love towards Almighty! In what condition I should not share it.. Or I should never share?
    Thanx and pranam..
    Namaste Soul of Light!

I understand your concern. Perhaps it makes a difference the way that you share this with others and your own approach to it. Perhaps if you will share it in a way that is humble and expresses any uncertainty that you have, looking for answers, it will not be a damage of ego like you mentioned?

Namaste

I don't see any reason to abstain from sharing unless you want to take advantage of the situation (either knowingly or unknowingly). For eg, on a regular basis come across fake god men who have hotlink (24/365 ^ infinity) with deities. On the other hand, you are the best person to judge the unknowing part by asking yourself three basic questions.

Why do you want to share ?
    Whom are you sharing with?
    How are you sharing ?

We all learn by experience. So I strongly suggest you to spread your good feelings with the world. If you are sharing to the public domain you won't know the nature of recipients, so exercise caution as it might attract unpleasant consequences. You can apply the necessary filters.

Bottom line is: You will never go wrong if your intent is not to take advantage of it, more over, it is service to Almighty. Assume yourself as Sri Vaalmiki and decided not to share because of the conflicts in your mind, do you think we would have got to know about Sriman Naaraayan?.
    Anirudh...

Thread Information