Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Krishna did not participate in M.B war?

Re: Why Krishna did not participate in M.B war?

Namaste Anirudh,

The answer to your question is there in your own post.

As you said, the important thing is to create accountability for our own actions.

My own input here is that Krishna was an Avatar, and an Avatar comes once in a while and is not a regular actor in this world of ours. As Krishna says in the Gita, ' There is nothing in this world as purifying as knowledge.'

If Krishna fought with arms in the Mahabharatha, the Gita would not have been created or recorded. This is because even if Arjuna left the war, Krishna would have fought and singlehandedly won the battle for the Pandavas.

But that would not serve the purpose of the Avatar. Krishna and Arjuna were the sages Narayana and Nara in their past life, who performed great austerities to perform their latter roles.

The Bhagavad Gita, which has inspired millions of people to attain enlightenment or lead righteous lives, came out of the Mahabharatha war. Krishna ensured that the knowledge of the Gita came into being so as to inspire people to be yogis and righteous in the coming Kali Yuga with the proper perspective and wisdom.

It can be compared to a mother teaching her child to walk. If the mother held her child always when walking, he would not be able to walk properly. She has to let go and not allow the child to depend on her superior strength always while walking so that he can be self-reliant and start walking on her own.

Similarly Krishna wants humanity to be strong and wise through its own efforts and not by depending on the presence of the Avatar at all times, dependence which would cripple its own intrinsic strength.

Pranams.
    In every moment you only have one real choice: to be self-aware or to identify with the body and the mind. -- Annamalai Swami

Body-consciousness is the source of all misery. -- Ramana Maharshi

Quote Originally Posted by ajay View Post
    Namaste Anirudh,

As you said, the important thing is to create accountability for our own actions.

My own input here is that Krishna was an Avatar, and an Avatar comes once in a while and is not a regular actor in this world of ours. As Krishna says in the Gita, ' There is nothing in this world as purifying as knowledge.'

If Krishna fought with arms in the Mahabharatha, the Gita would not have been created or recorded. This is because even if Arjuna left the war, Krishna would have fought and singlehandedly won the battle for the Pandavas.

But that would not serve the purpose of the Avatar. Krishna and Arjuna were the sages Narayana and Nara in their past life, who performed great austerities to perform their latter roles.

The Bhagavad Gita, which has inspired millions of people to attain enlightenment or lead righteous lives, came out of the Mahabharatha war. Krishna ensured that the knowledge of the Gita came into being so as to inspire people to be yogis and righteous in the coming Kali Yuga with the proper perspective and wisdom.

It can be compared to a mother teaching her child to walk. If the mother held her child always when walking, he would not be able to walk properly. She has to let go and not allow the child to depend on her superior strength always while walking so that he can be self-reliant and start walking on her own.

Similarly Krishna wants humanity to be strong and wise through its own efforts and not by depending on the presence of the Avatar at all times, dependence which would cripple its own intrinsic strength.

Pranams.

Namaste Ajay,

I had given my answer and was asking the forum view on the question.

I don't know what was Arjuna prior to his own birth, but please don't confine Sriman Naaraayan within the scope of death and birth.
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste Ajay,

I don't know what was Arjuna prior to his own birth, but please don't confine Sriman Naaraayan within the scope of death and birth.
    Namaste Anirudhji,

This is not my personal opinion but what the scriptures say. Nara-Narayana is considered as the twin-brother avatar of Vishnu on earth, working for the preservation of dharma or righteousness. Arjuna and Krishna are often referred to as Nara-Narayana in the Mahabharata and are considered part incarnations of Nara and Narayana respectively, according to the Bhagavata Purana. They had performed severe austerities for many years in Badrinath for the welfare of mankind.

The apsara Urvashi was born from the thigh of Sage Narayana. You can read more here.

Pranams.
    In every moment you only have one real choice: to be self-aware or to identify with the body and the mind. -- Annamalai Swami

Body-consciousness is the source of all misery. -- Ramana Maharshi

Quote Originally Posted by ajay View Post
    Namaste Anirudhji,

This is not my personal opinion but what the scriptures say. Nara-Narayana is considered as the twin-brother avatar of Vishnu on earth, working for the preservation of dharma or righteousness. Arjuna and Krishna are often referred to as Nara-Narayana in the Mahabharata and are considered part incarnations of Nara and Narayana respectively, according to the Bhagavata Purana. They had performed severe austerities for many years in Badrinath for the welfare of mankind.

The apsara Urvashi was born from the thigh of Sage Narayana. You can read more here.

Pranams.
    Namaste Ajay

Of all the books, you chose Wikipedia as an authentic resource that could be modified any tom, ---- and harry. Thanks for taking time to answer but it will be fruitful provided your references were from Mahaa Bharat and other non disputable scriptures.

Irony is we have many versions written by many to suit their own regional beliefs.

For your information, I differ with many passages of Sri Tulsidas version of Raamaayan because it is not in line with Vaalmiki Raamaayan and Vaalmiki Raamaayan is considered to be authentic by our revered Achaarya(s).

There is a clear difference between Janma and Avtara.
    Anirudh...

Thread Information