Thread: Grit!

Grit!

Namaste

Agreed, every participant in Paralympic Games is stronger than most of us if not all.

I wish to highlight this story purely because of the gender of the winner also it is happening first time in Indian history.

With this historic achievement, Deepa became the first Indian woman ever to clinch a medal at the Paralympic Games.

Deepa is a paraplegic, paralysed from waist down and mother of two and wife of an Army officer.
    Devika always remembers her mother being highly driven. Even when it was far from the easiest option. Deepa had been active in sports, representing Rajasthan state in cricket and basketball. She insisted on playing even though she suffered from a tumor in her spinal column that caused her to suffer paralytic strokes, first at the age of eight and then once again when she was 26 years old.

Following the second stroke, doctors gave her a grim prognosis. Remove the tumor through surgery and suffer paralysis or let it grow and face certain death.
    Anirudh...

Re: Grit!

Namaste HDF

Here in India joining IIM or IIT or IISc is a dream coming true for many of the students belonging to middle class families.

Suffering from macular dystrophy, also known as retinal degradation, since she was in class III, Prachi has lost over 80% of vision over the years. There is no treatment for this rare form of genetic disorder. But this was hardly a deterrent in fulfilling Prachi's dream. "My short term goal is to join a company, preferably a multinational. Once I get some experience, I will have my own start-up. But my long term goal is to open an NGO for the blind," Prachi, who had scored 98.55 percentile in CAT 2016 in which she had appeared as a person with a disability, told TOI.
    Anirudh...

Thread Information