Thread: From a 'dharmic' stand-point, what is 'Unity in Diversity'?

Threaded View

From a 'dharmic' stand-point, what is 'Unity in Diversity'?

Namaste,

Let us take America for example, what makes this country great to live in, is that various cultures and various religions are all able to live peacefully. There is absolute freedom in every way to practice your religion, and your lifestyle, the way you want to live it.

Isn't this kinda a role-model or a lesson at large to people to have 'the right set of attitude towards others, especially those that are different from us'?

I understand and absolutely concur with the notion that Hindu way of living extends strong moral support, inculcates discipline and provides enough guidance to live a peaceful life and also make progress towards spiritual upliftment.

But, whether we like it or not, we live in a diverse world. Not everyone here is ready for the austere Hindu way of life as prescribed in scriptures.

It stands to say clearly in this case, that just like we do not push 'vegetarianism' onto anyone who is unprepared, we also need to understand that we should not preach others to live out (their) lifestyle, the way 'we see it perfect' -- is it not?

As long as others of this world do not deviate culturally, socially, politically -- into being people that are doing wrong acts that might bring harm to others in many ways -- we are in no position to dictate them what is right from what is wrong, isn't it correct?

If the above is not a given, then what is finding 'Unity in Diversity' -- in your terms?

By the above question, I am looking for the correct definition of how you would define this term -- if you are interested to reply, kindly indicate what is finding Unity in Diversity, and when or what circumstances you seem fit for preaching others to act as per what seems right to you.

EDIT: Your responses will largely help me educate myself.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Viraja
    Last edited by Viraja; 12 October 2016 at 07:18 PM.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information