Thread: 'India-US Security Co-operation'

Question 'India-US Security Co-operation'

Dear Members

I am unable to understand this news item, think, people living in America will have better understanding on this subject. There is a possibility of a some miscommunication in this report, if it exist, kindly ignore.

Can you please share your views.

Thanks in advance
    Anirudh...

Re: 'India-US Security Co-operation'

Hari Om!

No, you haven't missed much because it doesn't say anything! Anyone not wanting to meet with India would be a fool. Problem is, we may end up with one of them as US President!

Thank you c.smith for clearing my doubt.

Just a little thought, seems there is a vested interest to distract the American electorates from the real problems, or probably, GOP candidate was a bad choice. Have observed US elections since the days of Junior Bush, unfortunately, campaign seems to be all time low.

I am not sure who will win the elections. I wish all the very best to Americans. Hope you folks elect the best person to lead your country.
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

The leader of any country, guided by a constitution, has the sworn duty to protect its citizens and to maintain or improve their financial and cultural standing. The American President has access to very sophisticated intelligence to make the right decisions to work in that direction. They don't have much use for the so called 'think tanks', who have zero visibility as far as the intelligence goes. If the American interest is served by associating with India, then they will; if not, India should not feel bad. It is all about looking out for your national interests.

The American society and politics are very complex and it is not really possible to discuss various forces tugging at the administration and at the Presidential candidates in a simple post.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 17 October 2016 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Added some Clarifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

The leader of any country has a sworn duty to protect its citizens and to maintain or improve their cultural and financial status. The American President has access to very sophisticated intelligence to make the right decisions to work in that direction. They don't have much value for the 'think tanks'. If the American interest is served by associating with India, they will; if not, India should not feel bad. It is all about looking out for your interests.

The American society and politics are very complex and it is not really possible to discuss various forces tugging at the administration and at the Presidential candidates in a simple post.

Pranam.
    Namaste Believer,

Thanks for sharing your views.

When I read the new item first, felt, if there is anything wrong with it because I wondered why should India matter to US or her president? As for as India is concerned, it won't matter. A good relation is welcome, but, wouldn't be a disappointment even if it is otherwise.

To rekindle the short memory of Indians including NRI's, I get reminded of how Junior Bush during his tenure backed by the sophisticated intelligence felt Indians were responsible for the rising food prices or the recent U turns and Ultra U turns made by the presidential nominee.

As an Indian commoner I think India will continue to do what She is doing at the moment, ie, strengthening her bond with each and every country (in a way including Pakistan). Our aim will be to eliminate any possibility of (probable) Afghan war in the Indian premises to safeguard out interest.

Thanks again for sharing your views.
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    To rekindle the short memory of Indians including NRI's, I get reminded of how Junior Bush during his tenure backed by the sophisticated intelligence felt Indians were responsible for the rising food prices or the recent U turns and Ultra U turns made by the presidential nominee.
    Intelligence in the hands of an incompetent person is not of much value. A stupid person will not know the difference between a gold bar and a piece of fresh turd as they both look yellow to him. So, we have to separate the intelligence from the political spin that politicians put on it for their own narrow partisan goals and how they ultimately end up using it. Oversimplifying everything to make us look as if we are the highest intelligence people in the world is self-defeating.

It is very easy to throw stones at others, but I have to hang my head in shame knowing that it took us almost 70 years to put a person who calls himself a proud Hindu, in the Prime Minister's chair in free India. Qutab-din-Aibek was the first sultan of Delhi whose reign started in 1192. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delhi_Sultanate ) For about 800 years, we the Hindu majority, could not get our act together to take back Delhi. Even now if the elections were held today, I doubt that BJP will get a clear majority as they did in the last election. So, we should look inwards and strengthen our resolve to make Hindu way of life the dominant culture of Bharat. Jumping up and down and being happy with other people's shortcomings does not make us stronger or smarter.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post

To rekindle the short memory of Indians including NRI's, I get reminded of how Junior Bush during his tenure backed by the sophisticated intelligence felt Indians were responsible for the rising food prices or the recent U turns and Ultra U turns made by the presidential nominee. .
    Namaste,
    George W Bush had done a great favor to India during his time in Washington DC. He worked hard behind scenes to make India gain entry in to the NSG in face wide spread opposition fiercely led by china and he also changed domestic law to accommodate India as a recipient of Nuclear energy technology transfer. The then senator Obama had opposed the resolution during the senate debate and Joe Biden supported it. Surya

Thread Information