Namaste Yajvan Ji,

Thank you for your time, patience and willing to answer.

I was not challenging you or your post and certainly not trying to derail it. Only to look more closely at the right balance of intellectual understanding, I said I am not against books or learning, and its very nice you say that its learning from the saints when they are not physically present or we dont always have access to the sadhu sangha, I dont see a need to start a thread in jalpa because I do not see the type of protagonist or the type of intellectual understanding that can misdirect people here on HDF, I was only using them as an example as there are two types of intelligence. These answers which you have given have satisfied me and given some extra food for thought. You gave some ideas why intellectual understanding is important. From one acharya that I learn from, sometimes he says that mental learning is useless and then at another point he says its essential and nothing that he teaches is outside of the texts, so that is balance of knowledge and action and where and how to use them skillfully. One could say that he is contradicting himself but its not its just way to teach the audience on what will impact his audience at the right time, and this is something that I want to learn more quickly and why I posted.

One example that I read on here was about Jiddu Krishnamurti, who was noticed for his brilliance at a young age and was then taken in and remolded by modern education standards and some say he lost that brilliance, so certain types of education does not have a good impact on natural spirituality.

These answers and my questions are important to me because mostly I am active and many a time speak with the common man in the street and always want to discuss things with some of my friends to learn how we can grow, how to understand Dharma better and come to a way or find the way where we waste less time. Like your example of understand the wholeness of sad darshana, even if some are more preliminary than others, so a beginners question is just as important as an advanced question, because if the alignment is found sooner rather than later the benefits can be experienced sooner rather than later.

Only this

Pranam