Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: observations

Re: observations

Namaste Yajvan Ji,

Thank you for your time, patience and willing to answer.

I was not challenging you or your post and certainly not trying to derail it. Only to look more closely at the right balance of intellectual understanding, I said I am not against books or learning, and its very nice you say that its learning from the saints when they are not physically present or we dont always have access to the sadhu sangha, I dont see a need to start a thread in jalpa because I do not see the type of protagonist or the type of intellectual understanding that can misdirect people here on HDF, I was only using them as an example as there are two types of intelligence. These answers which you have given have satisfied me and given some extra food for thought. You gave some ideas why intellectual understanding is important. From one acharya that I learn from, sometimes he says that mental learning is useless and then at another point he says its essential and nothing that he teaches is outside of the texts, so that is balance of knowledge and action and where and how to use them skillfully. One could say that he is contradicting himself but its not its just way to teach the audience on what will impact his audience at the right time, and this is something that I want to learn more quickly and why I posted.

One example that I read on here was about Jiddu Krishnamurti, who was noticed for his brilliance at a young age and was then taken in and remolded by modern education standards and some say he lost that brilliance, so certain types of education does not have a good impact on natural spirituality.

These answers and my questions are important to me because mostly I am active and many a time speak with the common man in the street and always want to discuss things with some of my friends to learn how we can grow, how to understand Dharma better and come to a way or find the way where we waste less time. Like your example of understand the wholeness of sad darshana, even if some are more preliminary than others, so a beginners question is just as important as an advanced question, because if the alignment is found sooner rather than later the benefits can be experienced sooner rather than later.

Only this

Pranam

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté & hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    Namaste Yajvan Ji,
    Thank you for your time, patience and willing to answer.
    I was not challenging you or your post and certainly not trying to derail it. Only to look more closely at the right balance of intellectual understanding,
    Let me mention a few things.... I first want to say I see nothing that you wrote as a challenge nor any intent to derail. I only mention the 'derailing' part so we do not waiver too far from the overall theme of this thread. 'We' could have a converstion yet the author ( in this case me) needs to be mindful of of other readers too and that was my point of origin in the post. That said, time to move on to something much more important.

You mention in this post and the one before
    true intellectual understanding, does it need volumes of books to find alignment.
    Let's look to the muktikā upaniṣad for support.
    This upaniṣad is a discussion between Śrī rāmaḥ and hanumān-ji. Śrī rāmaḥ says the māṇḍūkyaupaniṣad's wisdom is enough to bring liberation (kaivalya). Yet if one does not achieve this via this upaniṣad , then the 10 must be considered. If not the 10, then the 32 and one then should stop. He then says if desiring mokṣa without the body then read the 108upaniṣad's. So , Śrī Rāmaḥ offers us a roadmap.

Does one need volumes of books for this intellectual understanding ? If we look to what rāmaḥ-ji offers, then for the ripe person, one upaniṣad is in order. Yet here is what I have found... this māṇḍūkyaupaniṣad (of just 12 verses) is quite profound. It has led me to other upaniṣad-s and āgama's
    to extract the knowledge that is found in the māṇḍūkyaupaniṣad.
    To to my good fortune this has led me to
    gauḍapādacharya’s work called the māṇḍūkyopaniṣatkārikā (māṇḍūkya-upaniṣad-kārikā), also known as gauḍapādiyakārikā, which is his commentary and insight on this māṇḍūkyaupaniṣad. For me only this book has been most rewarding and considered an extension of His grace. This has answered questions that I have had for many-a-year i.e. it has allowed me to connect many dots.

So, for those that read this and care to look at
    10 core u
    paniṣad-s Śrī rāmaḥ recommends, consider this post:
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?4617-10-upani%E1%B9%A3ad-s-worth-studying

इतिशिवं
    iti śivaṁ

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste Yajvan Ji,

Thank you again, your posts, your insights/contributions are invaluable.

Last night I became aware more of my lack of mindfulness, so please forgive me for this and in other posts, there is no initial intent, perhaps a bit busy sometimes and rushing.

this māṇḍūkyaupaniṣad (of just 12 verses) is quite profound. It has led me to other upaniṣad-s and āgama'sto extract the knowledge that is found in the māṇḍūkyaupaniṣad.
    I find that most sutras work in this way, everything is contained within one, maybe because the sutras are usually complete in themselves to give everything, but sometimes have to lean on others to gather the full meaning which was always there, already contained. Sometimes I have even experienced that even one word can generate a certain type of energy that aids purification and depth of thought/insight.

You hit the key point here.

It needs deep comprehension
    and here

needs to be mindful of of other readers too
    This i really need to learn better.

Thank you again, I felt a shift lastnight, quite painful, but I accept that pain which dents the ego, so can only be a good thing.

Pranam

Maybe I can ask here why there is no section for samkhya on HDF.
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 13 February 2017 at 02:31 AM.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté & hello,

Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    Maybe I can ask here why there is no section for samkhya on HDF.
    That is a question for the administrator of the overall HDF site ( satya )

इतिशिवं
    iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information