Namaste, dear ones,

I have a long story whose details I will share if one finds the necessary to advise with the best skill and wisdom. Suffice to say a friend I held for many years told treacherous lies and was unfaithful to her husband which caused great pain to those who loved her and she does not recognize the harm she has done. She did not feel that these harmful choices should affect our friendship. We have many mutual friends so completely removing her from my life is not an option. When I think about her, there is anger and disgust. When I realized the harm these emotions were causing, I began to struggle for the moral action to take.

Thus far, I:
-reject when my mind begins to wish her ill
-do not slander her
-told her I do not consider her a friend and no longer desire contact
-blocked any online contact
-avoid social contact with her in person as much as I can

On one hand, I feel the destruction of our friendship is a karmic outcome of her harmful choices and is therefore a wise act. However, I recognize my avoidance behavior is a form of attachment. I feel trapped between continuing to actively reject her and allowing her presence back into my life which would reawaken anger and disgust in me. What practice, readings, or advice do you offer? Please accept my great gratitude for your time and wisdom.