Thread: Happy Deepavali

Happy Deepavali

Namaste,

I wish all of HDF a wonderful Deepavali (Diwali) with family and friends!

Long ago, I read somewhere that Diwali is one of the most auspicious day for spiritual practices! It was written that spiritual practices on the Diwali day are equal to spiritual practices performed on 1000 eclipse days! (Each eclipse day is a highly potent day for spiritual practices by itself).

So let us all concentrate a few moments of our special day, contemplating, thanking, praying to the divine!

The 6 days of Diwali:

• Vasubaras(a celebration held in the honour of cows): It falls on the 12th day of the dark fortnight of the Hindu lunar month Ashwin. This is celebrated on one day before the 1st day of Diwali. On this day, cow is worshipped along with her calf.
    • Dhanatrayodashī (or Dhanteras): It falls on the 13th day of the dark fortnight of the Hindu lunar month Ashwin. Dhanteras is very important for people who do business as they worship their treasuries on this day, and Āyurvēdicdoctors (vaidyas) who worship Deity Dhanvantari on this day.
    • Narakchaturdashī:It falls on the 14th day of the dark fortnight of the Hindu lunar month Ashwin. This dayhas been celebrated ever since Shrīkrushna slayed the evil demon Narakasur.
    • Lakshmipūjan:It falls on the new moon day of the dark fortnight of the Hindu lunar month Ashwin. On this day, rituals worshipping Goddess Lakshmī (the Goddess of Wealth) are undertaken to drive off poverty (Alakshmi).
    • Balipratipadā:It falls on the 1st day of the bright fortnight of the Hindu lunar month Kārtik. It is celebrated to symbolise Deity Vishnu’s conquest over the demon king, Bali.
    • Bhaubij or Yamadwitiya (also called as bhai duj): It is celebrated on the 2nd day of the bright fortnight of the Hindu lunar month Kārtik and comes after the 4th day of Diwali. This festival is celebrated as a symbol of Divine bond of love between brother and sister. On this day, Shrīkrushna slayed the evil demon Shakatasur and liberated many women from the demon’s clutches.

Pranam,

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Happy Deepavali

Namaste Viraja,

Happy Deepavali to you and to the entire HDF Family.

Yesterday, I had wanted to start a "Happy Deepavali" thread with some additional message. As you have already posted, did not want to start separate one because the message will be lost. Hope you will appreciate my effort.

While we are about to burst crackers and enjoy this festival, let us also spend few moments on the lost lives and the sufferings staring at the families which has lost their beloved ones fighting for our safety. This message is just not restricted Indians or Hindus alone. We are able enjoy our festivals and be with our family only because of the sacrifices made by our brave security forces fighting against terrorism and all forms of aggression.

Yesterday, in a news bulletin, I saw a teenage girl mourning uncontrollably for the loss of her father/brother. Being a father, I felt very sad because, for most of us, it is just an another news bulletin, but for them, their future is shattered beyond repair. Immortal Sri Raama and Sri Krishna fought Raavan and Narakaasur respectively to install peace and dharma, and our soldiers are doing the same, but being mortal, disappearing into thin air. I am in no way interested to turn this into mourning column, but, when we are celebrating, let's remember the sacrifices made by our brave selfless security personals and the people facing the brunt.

Jammu: In escalation of armed confrontation on the International Border, India lost two soldiers on Thursday. The mortal remains of soldier Jitendra and Sandeep Rawat reached their home towns on Friday. The massive firing continued till 5 am in the morning.
    Last edited by Anirudh; 28 October 2016 at 02:23 AM.
    Anirudh...

I and my family wish all dear forum members and their families a Very Happy Deepawali ! May this Deepawali bring all round prosperity, happiness and success in your life !

OM

Devotee
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Great message, Anirudh ji. Thank you.

I will make it a point to spend a few moments praying for the welfare of all those bereaving families of our lost Indian soldiers on the eve of upcoming Diwali (as it is a very spiritually potent day).

Thank you for the reminder. Have a great festive season.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste,

Wishing all HDF members and their families a happy, healthy and prosperous Hindu holiday season and Diwali.
    May God grant peace to, and look after, the families of fallen soldiers.

Pranam.

Hari Om!

Happy and Blessed Diwali to all!

Om

Thank you Believer and Viraja especially for the kind words towards our Army men,

But I have got an another question to ask, probably troubling many of us for a very long period. Why did Mandeep Singh and his likes sacrifice their lives? Was it for fun?
    Last edited by Anirudh; 29 October 2016 at 11:53 PM.
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    But I have got an another question to ask, probably troubling many of us for a very long period. Why did Mandeep Singh and his likes sacrifice their lives? Was it for fun?
    The title of this thread is 'Happy Deepavali'. Let us all stick to that and start new threads for unrelated burning issues.

Namaste,
    Last edited by Believer; 30 October 2016 at 03:11 PM.

namaste,
    Happy Diwali everyone! Best wishes to you and your family!
    satay

Thread Information