Thread: Sri Navgraha question..

Re: Sri Navgraha question..

Ok
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Quote Originally Posted by realdemigod View Post
    Thanks Chakreshvari for raising this question and I had this doubt ever since I started watching Karmaphal Daata Shani serial on Colors channel. Shukra or Venus is said to be the bosom friend of Shani, however the story has Shukracharya hunting for young Shani. Even though the mythology could not have been accurate in this serial, I was having my doubts and now with this post I'm clear too that they are different.

Thanks Indialover for the clarification
    Namaste!
    Actually sometimes astrology and mythology differs.. there are deep meanings in mythology and astrology both in their own way and we don't understand it many times..
    Sun and Saturn are enemy in astro and in mythology too there relation is not good..
    But in astrology moon and Jupiter are very close frnds and their conjunction is too auspicious causing Gajakesari yoga but look at mythology, Jupiters wife (maybe Tara) have child (Mercury) from moon.. so is they really are friends in mythology..?

Also as you said mythology in serial could not be correct.. you are right.! According to mythology Yama is younger than Shani but in karmaphal data Shani serial Yama is shown elder brother.. they just want TRP and not always show right information
    Pranam
    Last edited by Soul of Light; 30 November 2016 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Small typo
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Namaste,
    You raised valid points and I agree with you on both of them. I wonder where things went wrong and it is very difficult to say who messed it up, my belief is some priestly castes of people intended to keep some secrets to themselves must have done it purposefully. For instance, not just because I started watching the Shani serial I'm saying this, but because Saturn is my yoga karaka and the planet has heavy influence on my state of mind all the time. I think Shani himself made me learn about His teachings, about His mythology, stories etc., Having started learning astrology on my own I realised that Saturn is the well wisher and bestower of health, long life, wealth and fame but no lineage of astrologers ever talk good about Saturn. They made him the villain of the planets. It is seen across all mythologies not just Hindu.
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Namaste Realdemigod ji
    Sorry for late rp... you are right.. Shani is always shown wrongly. The thing I like about Shani is that- he tells us about the truth of life. He widraw us from material life and shows the great way of spiritual life.. that's what his main task.. to give sorrow in material life by fruits of karma and leads one to his spiritual goal..

Saturn has also influence over my life because it's my lagna,
    Bdw yogakarak planet is one which is swami of both Vishnu Stan (quotrant) and Lakshmi Stan (trine) I know only this much.. Do you know anything more about it.. like it's effect over life when it is exalted or debilitated.. I am also learning astrology so I will like to know.

Also I am going too off topic than the main topic of this thread so sorry about that chakreshwari ji

Pranam
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Namaste

To complete this Shukra post I add a spiritual view found in Laghu Yoga Vasishtha (page 248), where asura stands for the ego and Shukra for the ego’s preceptor.

http://holybooks.lichtenbergpress.ne...ion.pdf?596349

Pranam

Bhrigus son who rejoiced in the name of Sukra was a remarkably intelligent person and shone like the moon. He never used to part from the feet of his father. He was in that great Laya (neutral) state which is inter mediate between the incomparable Chit and Achit states. Whilst he was thus in an intermediate state unaware of them both, like King Trisanku (the myth is to be found here http://hindumythologyforgennext.blog...part-3_17.html) who was left in the middle of the sky without being able to go higher up or come lower down to the earth, his father was in Nirvikalpa Samadhi. Then the son, who never used to part from his father, remained separate and looked up through the pure Akasa where he saw a Deva (celestial) lady approaching him. Her graceful tresses were bedecked with Mandara flowers, the odour of which was gently wafted by the zephyrs as she trudged along with the gait of a sheelephant. Having eyed her fully before him, he became quite enamoured of her; and then closing his two eyelids, he revelled in the vast fields of his mental region, through the over-powering desire in him. Coming to the conclusion that she belonged to Deva loka, he resolved upon going to that Loka (world), when lo! he saw that Loka before him and Indra, the lord of Devas shining in it like lightningflashing clouds and seated on his beautiful throne, eulogised by the Devas therein.

Thereupon formal courtesies were exchanged between Sukra and Indra. Whilst Sukra was living there amidst luxurious enjoyments, the self same Deva lady with budding breasts, whom he had before seen, emerged out of a group of damsels and presented herself before him. The eyes of Sukra gleamed with inexpressible delight at the sight of this fair creature who, in turn, returned his glances. While thus their hearts and eyes were melting into one with love, Sukra who never failed to bring into existence whatever he willed through his Sankalpa willed that sable darkness should envelop the space. With intense gloom enveloping therein as at the end of a Kalpa, all who were there fled to other quarters panic-struck and thus cleared the field for the pair. Then the celestial damsel was embraced by Sukra, beneath the foliage of the beautiful Kalpa tree of Paradise. Thus the pair passed, eight Chatur Yugas in sensual enjoyments without any let or hindrance. Then fearing lest all his Dharmas should be wasted thus, he descended to Bhu loka (earth) from Deva loka. It was here (on earth) that he forgot all about his pristine reality. In his descent from Indra loka, Sukra s Jiva commingled itself with the soft rays of the full moon and became the cool snow. This snow falling on paddy fields converted itself into paddy. The rice arising from the fertile stalks was cooked and eaten by a Brahman of Dasarna country and was converted into the seminal fluid in him. Sukra, who was thus in the form of sperm in the Brahmin, ultimately came out as his son out of the womb of his spouse. Associating himself with Tapaswins, he performed rare Tapas for the period of a Manu, in a forest encircling the golden mountains of Mahameru. Then Sukra bore an offspring of a man through a hind.

Through the Ajnana (Ignorance) with which he was enslaved to the material things of the world, through his fond love to his off spring, he fell off from his true state. Passing through a series of incarnations subject to births and deaths generated by his illusory Vasanas, he at last incarnated in the body of a Tapaswin, as the son of a Muni on the banks of the holy Ganges. Let me turn to the former body of Sukra which was lying entranced by the side of his father and from which life had de parted. The rays of the sun aided by the wind had reduced it to a mere skeleton. But it remained intact on earth without being assailed and destroyed by birds or beasts, as they were instinctively afraid of doing away with it through the glory of Bhrigu sitting hard by. Having passed many divine years in Nirvikalpa Samadhi, Bhrigu opened his eyes only to find the shrivelled carcase of his son with mere bones which looked the very incarnation of poverty and misfortune. Then this Muni of rare Tapas and renunciation became quite disconsolate in mind at finding sparrows chirping in the nine avenues of his son s body and frogs squatting and playing within his stomach. Without trying to dive into the cause of all these occurrences, he concluded that his beloved son was dead. With the flaming anger of Rudra riding on his bull, he began to vent his whole anger against Yama and began to curse him, in order to destroy him, on account of the premature death of his son caused by the latter. At which, Yama quailed with fear and having assumed a body composed of the five elements, appeared before the disconsolate Bhrigu with six faces, six hands, blade, noose, pendants and the diamond- hiked armour of protection and surrounded by his enormous hosts. Then this All-devourer, in order to explain the real situation to the Muni, softly addressed him thus „We who are only administering the laws of Iswara will not but extol you who have immeasurable and noble Tapas. Therefore it is not meet that you should spoil your all-full Tapas through your dire anger. Even the fire at the period of Pralaya, will not consume me, much less your words. Indeed many are the Rudras and the large lotus-eyed Vishnus that fell a prey to me, having been enmeshed in the snares of Samsara. There is none in this world of pains, who ever vanquished me. All came under my jaws.

It is the unalterable and eternal decree of Parameswara and not myself, that I should be the cause of the destruction of all created lives. This law ever endures. In the immaculate Jnana introvision, all the differences of actor and enjoyer are lost, but in the Ajnana vision of people, these exist in concrete shapes. All creatures arising through the force of their Karma are born through Sankalpa and perish at the end of a Kalpa. Then at the time of Pralaya, where shall we find the Jnana- Vision developed through a recitation of the Vedas? Where will all your firmness of will then be? Where will your glory then be? Where will be then all your present despondency which trembles like a person full of mental darkness, ignorant of the path laid down by the Great? Are you justified in cursing me through your anger, without trying to understand the present situation of your son brought on by his own Sankalpa? Attend what I say. It is the mind alone that is Atman and none else. The mind‟s acts (and not the bodily acts) are alone true acts.

Through its life in this world, it is called Jiva. It is called Buddhi, through its certainty of knowledge. It is called the Ahankara when the conceptions of „I‟ and „mine‟ assert themselves with the signs of anger, etc. And it is this mind alone, that is the universe through the conception of excessive differentiations. Whilst you and your son were engaged in Nirvikalpa Samadhi, your son abandoned his fleshy tabernacle through excessive desires and mentally joined, in the Akasa, a Deva lady by the name of Viswaci. Then he incarnated - on earth in the country of Dasarna as the son of a Brahmin. He went the round of lives as a King in the country of Kosala, a hunter in an extensive forest, a swan on the banks of the Ganges, a great King in the Solar family ruling over Poundra country and the Guru of the Solar race in Salwa country. For the long period of a Kalpa, he passed his life as the King of Vidyadharas; he was the intelligent son of a Muni of great Tapas; a chieftain in Souvira country with large tanks with fishes playing in them; the Guru of Saivites (followers of Siva) in another country; a bamboo cluster in another country, full of fragrance; a stag in a decayed forest; a fierce looking boa-constrictor in a spacious forest. Thus did he pass through various, wombs; going through births high or low, with a impure mind and under the influence of Vasanas and was at last born as the incomparable and true son of a Rishi on the banks of the Ganges. In this birth, he got the mastery over his weak foes of the illusory organs and wearing matted locks, etc., and going by the name of Vasudeva, has been engaged in Tapas for the last eight hundred years. If you, through your love for your son, wish to behold the series of illusory births which flitted across your son s mind like a whirling dream, you can do so now through your divine vision.‟ So said Yama when the Muni of great culture observed in a moment, through his introvision, all the events of his son s lives reflected in the transparent mirror of the pure mind, which in its turn manifested itself out of the transcendent Jnana-light. Then this Muni of non-desires returned from his trance (at the end of which he was) by the river Ganges, to his normal state by entering and animating his tenement of body lying in Mandaragiri. Greatly astonished, he asked of him many pardons (for his conduct) and addressed him thus, „Oh omniscient Kala (time), you are the foremost dispenser of Law; you are the only one thoroughly acquainted with the three periods of time. Persons like myself are mere tyros in Brahma Jnana.‟

Then Yama took hold of Bhrigu s hand and led him out of the caves of Mandaragiri to where the divine river Ganges flowed. There the Rishi saw, with intense delight, his son who passed under he pseudonym of Vasudeva. So willed Yama. Again when Yama willed that Vasudeva should come back from his Samadhi state and see them, the latter accordingly did and seeing them before
    himself saluted them. Thereupon all the three noble souls seated themselves upon a stone with true love towards one another. Then the son eying these two, remarked thus „Through your presence here, I have been cleansed of all the delusions arising from stainless Tapas, Yajnas and wealth.

Even copious draughts of nectar will not yield such bliss as your advent here.‟ Thereupon Bhrigu saw him endearingly and blessed him thus „May bliss ever increase in you, may you possess Jnana fully, and may Ajnana fly from you.‟ Then closing his two mutilated eyes, Sukra reviewed all his past lives through his Jnana-Vision. Thus was he freed in a moment from future births.

After observing all through his divine vision, Sukra remarked in wonder thus „Passing strange is it that the dire delusion called Prakriti (matter), having transformed itself into this universe, flourished friendly in my mind. I have known all that should be known I have seen all that should be seen. I have been released from the pains incidental to the many re-births. I have been whirling in them for a long time. I have attained Atma-Jnana, the good effects of all. Therefore, sirs, let us here after betake ourselves to Mandara hills and see the body lying there. Do not think that I have either love or hatred towards objects, albeit my intention is to visit the skeleton of my body due to Karma and derive happiness therefrom.‟ After Vasudeva spoke thus, all the three started for Mandara hills and reached it in a moment. When these triumvirs who had known the extent and true nature of the whole universe arrived at the spot, Vasudeva surveyed, with unmingled plea sure, his former body as the son of Bhrigu and then casting his glances at his father, asked him, whether it was that bony body which he had reared up as his son s. Then continuing, he said „Oh father, this body you brought up before with rare happiness, being without pains, desires, doubts, or sense of gain or loss was in a state of immutable bliss with mind destroyed. Is there any happiness to Jivas (egos) other than in the state when the mind is destroyed? This solitary body had then attained the bliss of those who have got by the All-pervading Jnana wherein one is drowned in the one ocean of the great bliss, or the extreme quiescence or that Atmic certainty, wherein the Jnanis are free from all pains. It is only through dint of my rare Tapas, I have been able to witness the miracles I have seen here.‟

So said Vasudeva, when Kala (Yama) who was by interrupted him with these words. „Now sir, enter this body like kings, their cities. And there be administering the duties of a guru to the Asuras who need correction/ Having given these orders to Sukra, he bid adieu to them both and instantly disappeared from the very spot where he was standing. At his departure, the father and son were greatly grieved. But Sukra of great prowess abandoned the conception of Vasudeva and then entered his former body according to Yama s injunction. Thereupon the matchless Bhrigu bathed with the waters in his bowel purified through Vedic Mantras the body of Sukra into which the son had to enter through sheer fate. With this application, the Nadis (nerves) in his body became pliant and allowed the Prana to circulate freely over them throughout his body. Then Bhargava (the son of Bhrigu) rose up in that body and having paid due respects to his father, stood by him. Thus did the father and son utterly rout their enemy of the impure mind and pass their days in the Jivanmukti state like a waveless ocean. Thus related Vasistha of great Jnana and erudition to Rama of true grace.
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Namaste ... something more on Shukra - Srirangam is known as 'Shukrasthalam'

https://www.trsiyengar.com/id143.shtml

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Thread Information