Thread: Deleting my account

Exclamation Deleting my account

How do I permanently delete my account from these forums?

I honestly can't bring myself to post here any longer because of the shame I feel over the recent election in the USA where I live (and right now I wish I didn't live here). I don't think it would be safe for me to post here any longer anyway.

Please give me instructions on how to delete my account.

Re: Deleting my account

Chill out, dear ! People are no fools here who will start hating you just because there has been something in USA for which you are not responsible. Yes, if you any other reason then we can't stop you.

Be happy.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste Webimpulse,

Quote Originally Posted by Webimpulse View Post
    I honestly can't bring myself to post here any longer because of the shame I feel over the recent election in the USA.....
    There were 231,556,622 eligible voters in the last election. I don't feel one bit of shame for the way things turned out because I exercised my vote and that is the most I can do. Individually we are just straws in the wind. I don't feel shame for the collective outcome as I can't control that. So, don't take it as if you are personally responsible for the fiasco. Just think that may be, the people who voted for him are right; that we do need to shake up the system to make things work for the people. Time will tell, but for now just take it easy. Neither you nor I are individually responsible for it. Calm down and don't feel bad about it.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 18 November 2016 at 12:07 AM.

Namaste Webimpulse,

I honestly can't bring myself to post here any longer because of the shame I feel over the recent election in the USA where I live (and right now I wish I didn't live here).
    I always liked your posts and articles/blogs you shared in this forum.

Political sphere at the moment all over the world is disordered. We aren't able to differentiate between tolerance and intolerance. In the name of tolerance we are tolerating everything happening around us and vice versa. So, I can understand what you are going through at the moment. We can and should do what ever we can do instead of running away, IMHO.

I don't think it would be safe for me to post here any longer anyway.
    If it is not unwise to share, could you tell us why you think it is not safe to post. Is the situation so bad?

In my opinion, technically it is not possible to wipe out everything from web.
    Anirudh...

Namaste Webimpulse.

I don't think it would be safe for me to post here any longer anyway.
    What makes you think that it's not safe? I live in the US, born and raised, and I have no such fears. Nor am I ashamed of anything. It is what it is. The US has weathered many a worse storm, including the Viet Nam War, which tore the country apart at the time, but we healed; two World Wars; the Great Depression; the Cold War and the fears that we would be annihilated with nuclear weapons by the Soviets. We are still here.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Namaste all,

Thank you for all your responses. I do apologize for not having responded sooner. I misplaced my HDF password and so had to reset it.

You all make very good points and I admit those are all what I needed to hear. I admit sometimes I can't accept reality, and I need someone else to slap some sense into me (metaphorically speaking) so I can both make sense of and accept the reality before me. I know I can't control everything, but sometimes I feel like people expect me to. Like others expect me to fix everything. I need to realize two things - (1) that people who expect me to fix everything are unreasonable in the first place, and (2) I can't fix everything. I would also say I can't please everyone but that kind of goes along with my second point.

I don't want this to turn into my own personal therapy thread, so I'll leave this here, but I still want to thank everyone for their responses.

Hari Om and namaste,

Webimpulse,

Thank you for this thread. You have always been such a transparent and honest member and am happy you have kept your account. In my POV, whoever is president is our president and should be treated as such. I voted for this president elect but think that is beside the point. Concur with others who say you do your action of voting or not voting and leave it at this. The rest is outside one’s control.

Am believer in hope springs eternal, so have hope!

To me, interestingly, is in this country and think dynamic in this age is wide spread, is that those who make money off of advertisers, assist in helping world keep fetters on. Whether left leaning or right leaning “news”, look at the women and look at how they are attired if you will. Who does this appeal to?

In this country, how many people flip channels to hear opposing views and listen openly? In my opinion, the masses victimize themselves by feeding the mind on just those that they think support their views (not said best) and they feed this and feed this, and voila, we have polarized nation/world. This all makes huge influence on our thoughts and has huge influence on permitting us to further blind ourselves.
    Look at demographics that YajvanJi shared if you would. Think this is telling.

Hope for further peaceful transition and for inauguration for all to be safe.

OM

FFTW

Thread Information