Thread: getting the whole story

Threaded View

Re: getting the whole story

Namaste Yajvan Ji,

Thank you again for you time and patience, this post is in New to Sanatana Dharma I wanted to slow it down a bit and your helping to find some construct of the first important teaching about ma as part of maya or part of compound meaning. As you mentioned before ma means to measure. I just wanted to stick with this, no overly labour on it for a while.

As I read your latest post and gave a wonderful example from Ramana Maharashi, who is a Supreme Role Model, is that first we need to learn true detachment from this attachment to false self, or as many say now small self "s" and saying the universe is illusion or that concept as of small "s" is a fixed eternal being, neither the "s" or the universe is fixed or static, this attachment causes all the problem, all the suffering, both within oneself and for all beings as a result of this view, or more than a view as an attachment, a defilement in consciousness.

So there needs to be a loosening of this view of "s" the one who always measures, long or short, high and low, me and you, self and other. In fact its whats causing all the problems, both within and without. Were always measuring, things like judgement, prejudice, I am good, he is bad, or I am bad and he is good, when really all there is is Brahman, the whole thing, weather its manifestation or pure state of the uncreated unmeasurable aspect of the Supreme, in some way I dont see any difference between the two.

so I was attempting not in a grammatical way trying to put some link between ma and avidya, or the measuring principle thats in the conditioned consciousness is ignorance on one level, although we need that faculty to function on a daily basis, same as the ego. We cant do away with ma and we cant do away with Ahamkara, what we do away with or are attempting to do away with is attachment, then everything can run smoothly, spontaneously and one see's only Him or Self or there is only Him or Self, but does detachment lead to an abstract of consciousness. As you say the answer is no , it leads to wholeness, to completeness fullness of that Being which is Self.

I very much like this sloka

सर्वं खल्विदं ब्रह्म तज्जलानिति शान्त उपासीत
    (sarvam khaluidam brahman tajjalān iti shānta upāsita) –
    "All this (collectively) is Brahman, indeed: what evolves from That, what dissolves in That, what breathes or functions in That, should be closely and calmly studied……." - (Chandogya Upanishad III.14.1)

Pranam
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 04 December 2016 at 04:00 AM.

Thread Information