Believer, namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
Namaste,

Many times we read only a portion of a verse or get hung up on one word of the verse and interpret/translate it to fit our mindset. That leads to wrong conclusions. If a rational human mind detects that there is something wrong with the way we are looking at the message, then why would we ever think that Krishnaji said something so contradictory/irrelevant? The basic question should be framed in a positive tone and not in light of the worst possible interpretation. We should question our abilities to understand/translate rather than cast doubts on the word of the Divine.

Pranam.

On the contrary, and IMHO, OP (in this case, me, but applies to anyone else) should be given the benefit of doubt (i.e., assume he has a poor understanding of our scriptures) and then proceed to answer the question as you would explain to a kid. This is what I expect from veterans on this forum. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It works much better than accusing OP of "worst possible interpretation", evil intent, etc.

>> The basic question should be framed in a positive tone and not in light of the worst possible interpretation.

I don't see anything wrong with the "tone" of my post. I thought I asked a genuine doubt.

The second line of the verse stands out on its own: "Neither this world nor the next nor happiness exists for one who has a doubting mind." Hence the reason for my question.

Regards.

SV