Thread: NIRGUN NIRAKAN BRAHMAN IS NOT THE BE ALL OR END ALL IN BHAGAVAT GITA

NIRGUN NIRAKAN BRAHMAN IS NOT THE BE ALL OR END ALL IN BHAGAVAT GITA

Namaste

Gita verse 29 of chapter 5 states “ And having known ME, who am the Dispenser of all sacrifices and austerities, the Great Lord of al worlds, the Friend of all beings he (yogi) attains Peace.

In the previous verses of the same chapter it is mentioned that the yogi purush whose mind rests steadfast in equality attains Brahman (19/V) or who is able to resist the impulses born out of desire and anger and overcomes these before he gives up his body is a liberated person (23/V) or the yogi who finds his happiness within, his delight within, and his lights too within that yogi identified with brahman attains supreme liberation or brhama nirvana ( 24/V) or the sages freed from lust and anger, of disciplined mind, having self knowledge attains supreme liberation (26/V) or the yogi who by shutting out all external objects ------------------- has controlled senses mind and intellect, is bent on liberation is free from desire fear anger is ever liberated (27-28/V).

But the verse 29/V states ‘he’ ( the liberated yogi or yogi who attained brahma nirvana) attains peace having known ‘ME’( shri Krishna) dispenser of all sacrifices and austerities, the great Lord of all words and friend of all beings. The question is if brahma nirvana or supreme liberation does mean ‘Mokhs’ the final destination or if brahmananda is the highest place of peace , why does the liberated yogi or achiever of brahma nirvana or brahmanandi feel to attain peace by knowing shri Krishna as dispenser of sacrifices and austerities ? The point to be noted here is that enjoyer or partaker of all sacrifices or friend of all beings indicate sagun Brahman. It signifies that Having attained Brahman nanda or brahman nirvana or supreme liberation which is associated with nirgun nirakar Brahman, the yogi attains peace having realized shri Krishna as partaker of sacrifices and austerities’ and friend of all beings which is associated with sagun sakar Brahman i.e. shri Krishna swayam

Does it not mean that nirgun nirakar Brahman is not the ultimate destination so far Gita is concerned. Same view can be seen in verse 54 and 55 of chapter 18. Verses from 51 to 53 of XVIII state who can attain brahmanbhava or oneness with Brahman. Then verse 54/XVIII states “ Being one with Brahman with tranquility in mind neither grieving nor craving, regarding all beings alike he attains supreme devotion for ME” . There is no place for any such devotion towards nirgun nirakar brahman. This verse clears that attaining brahman nirvana or supreme liberation is not be all or end all in Gita. The circle is completed in verse 55/XVIII which says “ Through such devotion he comes to know ME in essence : having known ME in reality he forthwith merges unto ME”

Again verse 46/VI states “ the yogi is superior to ascetics , superior to jnani and also superior to karmi (performer of action), O Arjuna, you become yogi”

but next verse 47/VI says “ Even among all the yogis, he is held by ME to be most intimate to ME who devoutly worships ME( sradhavan bhajate ) with his mind focused on ME. Point to be noted here that bhajan can not be associated with nirgun nirakar Brahman. Sradhavan bhajate yo mam directly indicates bhakti marg which is associated with sagun sakar Brahman shri krishma swayam.
    Last edited by jopmala; 18 December 2016 at 09:59 AM.

Re: NIRGUN NIRAKAN BRAHMAN IS NOT THE BE ALL OR END ALL IN BHAGAVAT GITA

hello

please avoid all capital letters in the title area...

thank you
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information