Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YAA-HI / YAA-HI-HI / YA-HI-HI

Re: YAA-HI / YAA-HI-HI / YA-HI-HI

@Anirudh ji : Thank you very much. Your explanation had been very helpful.

@Devotee ji: I'm truly obliged for your explanation. Thank you very much. (I'm referring to the first version in your reply, "yatho yatho yahi tato narasimha").
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: YAA-HI / YAA-HI-HI / YA-HI-HI

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté & hello

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste Yajvan,
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I always had a doubt whether the correct pronunciation also includes a व्यंजन in end. ie 'haih'? The ha sound comes from the lower abdomen and trails back to the lower abdomen. I rely on this Shangu Chakra Gadha Padmam channel because of the melody and clarity in the voice.

Another doubt is what is the link between अः and ह
    Should we treat अः as अ + ह् + अ? Since we have ह (ह् + अ) , what is the need of अः? I know there are many short forms in Devanagari but अः is included in स्वर (वर्ण) list.
    Just a thought....
    You mention व्यंजन (some write व्यञ्जन or vyañjana - a consonant) then write haih. I am not certain of your question at-hand. Let me offer the following.
    If we go back to my earlier post regarding 'ai' vowel I mention ,
    'ai' follow though with the the breath that formed the 'ai' as 'ai'
    there is no additional 'h' as shown in your term haih. That is, the mouth keeps the same position used for 'ai' of the last vowel ( in this case 'ai' or ऐ). If you are asking if the 'h' ( which is included in the ūsman or sibilants group as ~soft~ aspirated) is added to 'ai' or
    ai+h, no that would not be the case.
    Note that
    = visarga = 'letting go'. The two dots: is how it is written ( expressed) in devanāgarī. But what is this 'letting go' ? It is none other than śiva\śakti letting go all of creation... these are the two dots śiva & śakti. You see there is one school that thinks that nothing is ~ created~ as such, like a potter creating a pot. It is the notion of just 'letting go' this ~puff~ from the Supreme that all of creation comes out, and then the intelligence of the system which is inherent in the process manages the whole thing. This is the significance of visarga = 'letting go'.

You mention the following,
    Should we treat अः as अ + ह् + अ? Since we have ह (ह् + अ) , what is the need of अः?
    We treat it as अ + : = aḥ. It is no different than what I wrote above. The 'h' that you offer (ह्) is not visarga = 'letting go'.
    The mouth is in the 'a' position, the easiest of all sound-forms and we just add the push of breath without leaving the existing mouth-open position. Yes, it comes from the stomach area. But it is not a BIG push. Many a chanter does give a big push till you think (we think) he is saying 'ha'... so be it. But when the breath comes though the mouth in this formation of 'a' + the push of air it kinda sounds like 'ha' but can be much ( much) gentler than a hard 'ha' sound. Like the example of namaḥ , people have come to think it is naa-maa-haa - yet this is incorrect. It remains nama-ḥa

Hope this helps,

इतिशिवं
    iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information