Thread: hello

hello

hi guys,

i am from India. i am Dharmic by Religion and way of life, Brahmin by Birth and Indian by Nationality. i mostly Worship all gods because of my heritage but still i mostly pray to Shiva and Vedic god Indra. the reason i worship shiva is because hes considered Ishtadeva and Father of All Brahmins and Indra because since ancient Vedic times (5000 years), my Ancestors worshiped him and did Yagnas to Please him.

i was Secular modernist when i was young and suddenly turned Traditionalist and Religious in past 2 years(< 20). i joined this forum because i want to study ore about my religion. so year,if you have any question about me. feel free to ask !

Re: hello

Namaste,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to know that the light switch has been turned on and you have switched from 'something' to a traveler on the spiritual path.

If I may make a suggestion, please read your posts before and after you post them and feel free to edit them for spelling/syntax correction. Better written posts get more attention and earn greater respect for the author. If there is something worth sharing with others, it is worth spending the extra time to express it correctly.

Pranam.

Hari Om!

Nice to read your post and Welcome!

A few queries come to mind;

What brought about the change to the "religious" views you now hold?

If it's not too personal, your age? You didn't mention.

What would you like to learn about your religion that you don't already practice or know? More specifically, what are you interested in?

Please don't take any of this as a personal attack. Just asking some friendly questions with the intention of getting to know you and direct if possible. The forums have an abundance of information, many learned members, and have provided some valuable friends over the years. Hope that you find the same. Feel free to PM if inclined.

All the best.

Om
    Last edited by c.smith; 23 January 2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: clarification

Namaste Bhudev

Welcome, I assume you are in your early 20's. I too wish to ask the same questions.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by c.smith View Post
    Hari Om!

Nice to read your post and Welcome!

A few queries come to mind;

What brought about the change to the "religious" views you now hold?

If it's not too personal, your age? You didn't mention.

What would you like to learn about your religion that you don't already practice or know? More specifically, what are you interested in?

Please don't take any of this as a personal attack. Just asking some friendly questions with the intention of getting to know you and direct if possible. The forums have an abundance of information, many learned members, and have provided some valuable friends over the years. Hope that you find the same. Feel free to PM if inclined.

All the best.

Om
    Anirudh...

Namaste Bhudev,

Welcome to the forums !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information