Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Punished for being helpful, honest and religious ?

Re: Punished for being helpful, honest and religious ?

Namaste Believer

This made up story, told twice in this forum and I am sure in several other places over the internet, is a deliberate attempt to degrade and dehumanize Hindus and to speak ill of Hinduism as a religion. Our simple minded members hang on to every word said by this shyster and give him advice and consolation. Wake up people; don't let others play with your emotions and make you feel bad about Hindus/Hinduism. It is a mind game by a not-so-clever anti-Hindu person.
    Multiple levels to stress the point, that said, you have summed it up nicely and precisely. Our History informs us we (Hindus) are gluten for punishment, we just don't learn from our past. It is debatable whether we know our History in first place? It wouldn't be an exaggeration if I say our primary and general reaction to these kind of stories is apologetic and then defensive.

Hope every practicing Hindu independent of his/her demography delve on this case with an open and problem solving mindset.
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

I too find it odd (and funny) that the OP should refer this someone who cheated him in business as a 'Hindu'... Why, are there supposed to be no cheaters or frauds if someone is a 'Hindu'?? Hindus are like any other people in the world. Aren't there cheaters or frauds in 'Muslims', 'Christians' and anyone else? Why label a cheater by his religion???
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste

Whatever the persons intention is its a good platform to offer and share insights into life that can hopefully help. I dont see any of the replies or the other members input as simple minded, only well intentioned....

Pranam

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Our simple minded members hang on to every word said by this shyster
    Simple mindedness is in believing that this crook has real problems and not in the advice given. In one of the replies, a member even seems to believe that the two posts by the OP two years apart and under different usernames are two different people. That is what I am trying to alert others about that it is a made up story with an attempt to show Hindus in a bad light and to shake our faith in our religion. I am not suggesting that we should not share life experiences; just recognize who the recipient is and what his motives are.

Pranam.

Namaste Believer Ji,

I didnt say I opposed other members comments, only that sometimes these types of issue can act as a positive platform to perhaps discuss some issues.

Is cheating happening, do large business's fail, the answer to both is yes, both on small scales and large scales, but doesnt it always start within the individual, when the economic crisis happened in America, even large corporations more or less disappeared over night, there are many stories when people went from riches to rags, it happens, and when these things happen the world can often be a lonely place with no support, I am sure here people know these things happen.

But what good can we produce from discussing and reflecting in this. Is it just a Hindu problem, a Muslim, Christian, Atheistic, materialism problem. How can we identify the problem, the causes and ultimately the solution.

In Bhagavad Gita Sri Krsna himself declares

TEXT 48
    saha-jam karma kaunteya
    sa-dosam api na tyajet
    sarvarambha hi dosena
    dhumenagnir ivavrtah

There are a number of translations for this verse so I will leave it up to individual thoughts. i will just add that if we want to find fault even within good endeavors that people do its all to easy.

One of the main issues I get from posts like this regardless of intention is the state of affairs in the world, one comment I heard is that there are two types of people in this world, the cheaters and the cheated, but maybe those qualities to different degrees exists within us, unless we are jivanmukta, and this is extremely rare.

Are community and family values on the decline, are cultures under threat due to modern materialism which to me seems only to increase the power of the individual and greed. America for example which is seen as the pinnacle of modern advancement has some of the highest rates of mental health issues, so materialism in and of itself doesnt work.

Are there problems in Hinduism, I am sure there are, like most cultures, countries and societies, we live in a world of duality. Sometimes its a sign of a healthy and strong culture of society to take some criticism on board, the same as us as individuals, to check upon oneself to see if there can be advancement. If there is over sensitivity its almost like a denial. So there should be some degree of self reflection.

Two years ago I did 3 weeks on padayatra in Andra Pradesh, I talked to as many people as possible about the growing rise of Christian converts, I spoke with both Hindu and Indian Christian converts, many converts feel let down by Hindu society, and to stop the conversion the only solution is to build a more healthy community and dharmic way within their natural culture and way of life, then the power to stop conversion is solved just by this, that was my conclusion after to speaking and listening to both sides as evenly as possible.

What I have noticed within the Muslim world for example is since there has been a lot of character assination due to agendas they have tried to label them as terrorists or a sub species, this is highly unfair, and part of that reaction is that many Muslims have had a point to prove that they are in fact in the majority just normal people following their faith and way and have grown stronger in many areas due to that criticism. On the negative side it breeds more hate, and then we have all sorts of serious issues.

The same as happened in India, many Hindus in India when I have been there have said that when they see Western People follow their culture it gives them a sense of pride and they too become inspired or it injects some energy in their own culture, if that dynamic is increased in good cooperation then we have a great model for modern society and all its challenges.

When I read posts say by Shiv5, the first thing that comes to my mind is that do these issues exist in me, have I ever said or thought that another person is suffering due to their karma, or its kali yuga so what can I do, is it a excuse to not do something to try our best to help out, not just on the internet, thats often to remote, but within our own close circles, how often do we put ourself in other peoples shoes with honesty. Where is the limit to self improvement.

I am just posing some thoughts.

Pranam
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 09 March 2017 at 02:43 AM.

Thank You everyone for their input. And to people here that said that I was wrong in saying that a "hindu" stole our business, well give me a break !.. what I meant was that we know this person from the community, mandir etc.. so from one hindu to another, we trusted him fully. I have been to so many hindu meetings, parties, functions, funerals, etc.. and there are a certain group that all they care about is money and how to make more no matter who they hurt.. like it or not this is a reality here in the US. Does that mean all Hindu's are bad ?.. of course not !.. and to believer who asked on who " financed our trip to go see our friend who was dying " .. well my son did and he is not money hungry, but forced us to go as that was the right thing to do , and glad we did as our friend passed away yesterday.

My whole idea was to come here to get positive feedback, and I have received that, do we all collectively have all the answers ?.. of course not !.. I talk to my priest all the time, and he said he doesn't have all the answers, we are all looking for the same thing ( peace and happiness ) but in different ways. You have to walk in someone else's shoes to realize what they are going through, it's easy to sit back and criticize.

My reason to come to this forum was simple, I am a hindu and this is a hindu dharma forum and maybe someone can help in suggesting certain pooja, mantra , chanting etc.. that I might be missing.. that's all....

Om Sai Nath.

Wow, I did not come to this forum for this, it seems you are a very senior member here, but I do not believe that it give's you the right to say all this which is not true at all. How can I convince you that this is 100% real without meeting you ?. So lets not dwell on the negative ( and you of all the members here should know better as not only you are a senior member but seems very very knowledgeable in the Hindu religion ). I am not sure if the moderator will post this as they have not posted some of my comments but may god be with you and all of us here and guide us to peace and happiness. Jai Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Simple mindedness is in believing that this crook has real problems and not in the advice given. In one of the replies, a member even seems to believe that the two posts by the OP two years apart and under different usernames are two different people. That is what I am trying to alert others about that it is a made up story with an attempt to show Hindus in a bad light and to shake our faith in our religion. I am not suggesting that we should not share life experiences; just recognize who the recipient is and what his motives are.

Pranam.

Thread Information