Thread: New but not new :)

New but not new :)

Hello

My name is Oliver I'm 23 years old and I live in Sweden. I have been a member here for a year or two but I never introduced myself and I haven't been very active here..but that's about to change

I am a Shaiva hindu. I don't follow any particular shaiva sect. My spiritual goal is to achieve Moksha and to me that is to gain entrance to the spiritual planet of Lord Shiva (Shiva loka/Kailasa). I have a dualistic view as opposed to a monistic or impersonal view of the divine/Shiva.

How did I become a Hindu? Well, my maternal grandmother is Bengali from Westbengal. She is a shakta hindu so I was partially introduced to hindusim through her but at the end of the day I did not grow up in a hindu househould so I don't feel like I was born/raised as a hindu yet I don't feel like a convert who "discovered" hinduism either because hindusim was something that was present in my life when my grandmother was around.

I have dabbled in many spiritual traditions but 1 or 2 years ago I had decided that Shaivism was the religion for me and the path I wanted to follow and my goal is like I said earlier: To gain entrance to the eternal spiritual abode of Lord Shiva.

Blessings!

Om Namah Shivaya

Re: New but not new :)

Vannakkam" Welcome to these forums. I hope your stay is fruitful.

Aum namasivaya

Re: New but not new :)

Hari Om!

Welcome!

Nice introduction. Looking forward to your posts.

Om

Thread Information