Namaste,

1. The following write-up is my own and not to be seen as a guideline filled with accurate details. Rather, they are a medium for conveying a fundamental 'idea'.

2. The main reason for me to post my thoughts below, are to find out ** if in Hinduism there exists a school of thought that can offer me a further in-depth study of what I am trying to state here**.

3. As I repeat again, I do not have any scripture to back up this claim, the moderators may seem it fit to delete this post if need be. All I am posting it for, then, is because I am looking for point 2 above.

Thanks,

Viraja

'Interface' programming concept and god:
=======================

According to programming, an interface defines a particular subset of functionalities offered by an object.
An object can be defined by multiple interfaces - that is, an object is the totality of all different functions defined by each of the interfaces it implements.
Although no one interface alone defines an object completely, it still provides a valid medium for getting hold of that object and make use of a particular set of functions, as exposed by that particular interface.
So also, all religions access or define god through various aspects of the same divine. No one aspect alone is complete. But it serves the purpose of accessing the same ultimatum through its set of defined interface functionality.
What functionality each religion wants thus out of the interface it employs is dependent on the prevalent nature of its practitioners.
Thus 'what is good for the goose' may not be the same for the gander, but the goose and the gander may be chasing the same thing after all!
For example, Hinduism maybe viewing god as representing the qualities of planet Jupiter (totally benevolent, jovial, kind). Islam may be viewing god as having properties of planet Rahu (jealous, possessive, indulging). Christianity may be viewing god as having properties of Ketu (totally selfless). What is god, really? He is but a sum of Jupiter, Rahu, Ketu and also many more aspects. But what Islam people need is an interface to god having 'Rahu' properties because their karma requires it. Hindus view him as "Jupiter' because their karmas require such a view and Christians need a "ketu" amsha god because their karmas need him accordingly.

Furthering my thoughts above, the following seem logical:
1. Forced conversions may never work - as people are born with some unique fundamental make-up. For example, they may need to approach god like planet Jupiter. Approaching the same god through 'Rahu' interface may be a setback for them. In a nutshell, this means, someone who is born a Hindu may need to live out Hinduism for true spiritual benefits and ascension. Forcing him to change to Christianity or Islam may do him no good. (And so also for other religions).
2. As people evolve further and further, they may need to discard the same interface and may need to access god via different interfaces - like Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa experiencing god (after realizing him/her via Hinduism) by practicing as a Muslim and also as a Christian.