Thread: Easy pujas to do at home?

Question Easy pujas to do at home?

Namaste HDF,

Due to my lack of a motor vehicle of some kind, going to the temple in my area is often very difficult, and the woefully inconvenient bus system around here doesn't help matters. I know many Hindus do pujas at home, but whenever I try to look them up on YouTube or similar, I get easily baffled by their complexity, not to mention all the materials required (which I frankly do not have the money for).

Maybe there's something I'm missing here, but...is there such a thing as a simple, easy puja I could do at my home? It's not that I'm not willing to learn traditional pujas...it's a matter of ability. Maybe it's my Western brain but I just can't seem to wrap my mind around how to do traditional pujas. If you're willing to look past that, can someone help me with my dilemma?

Re: Easy pujas to do at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Webimpulse View Post
    Namaste HDF,

Due to my lack of a motor vehicle of some kind, going to the temple in my area is often very difficult, and the woefully inconvenient bus system around here doesn't help matters. I know many Hindus do pujas at home, but whenever I try to look them up on YouTube or similar, I get easily baffled by their complexity, not to mention all the materials required (which I frankly do not have the money for).

Maybe there's something I'm missing here, but...is there such a thing as a simple, easy puja I could do at my home? It's not that I'm not willing to learn traditional pujas...it's a matter of ability. Maybe it's my Western brain but I just can't seem to wrap my mind around how to do traditional pujas. If you're willing to look past that, can someone help me with my dilemma?

Namaste Webimpulse

I have faced similar situation in the past. I made my mind as altar and invited Sriman Naaraayan to stay with me all the time. During one phase of life had to undergo exorbitant pain and had nothing else to offer him. I offered my pain to Him. When in distress you need not go to Sriman Naaraayan. In Vaishnava philosophy this Puranic incident is given at most importance.

Definitely Puja and rituals are beneficiary. Does that mean all can not experience his blessings and How can he partial. Sri Krishna in Srimad B.G says he will accept even plain water. In my experience He accepts pain ALSO.
    Anirudh...

Webimpulse,

In my opinion, you long for 'internal transformation'. I have been reading all your posts and I believe this is what you want.

If so, you can do 'fire homas' at home. You can start on weekends, familiarize yourself with the rituals and then try to do them each day!

Kindly see vedicastrologer.org http://vedicastrologer.org/fire/index.htm.

If this is not what you want, try practicing / reciting mantras 108 times each day. Try choosing a mantra that is not 'cursed' (they say Gayathri Mantra is cursed to lose some of its power and potent).

Hope this info helps.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste...

How about something like this "super simple daily puja" (it starts about 1/2 way down the page). I pretty much based mine on this, with a few additions and deletions.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Thread Information