Thread: Generic doubt on Srimad B.G

Generic doubt on Srimad B.G

Namaste

I have watched at least three televised Mahabharata serial and listened to many Upanyasams on Srimad Bhagavad Gita. Most of them in so many words say that Sri Krishna is the benefactor, beneficiary and benefit.

They also say Sri Krishna feel the pain of all living being irrespective of the the path (ie Dharmic or Adharmic) followed by latter.

Srimad B.G also instructs us to execute our prescribed (Dharmic) task without worrying or attached to the outcome.

Does it make sense to say Sri Krishna will feel the pain because Jeevaatma can not be hurt? When there is no hurt where is the question of pain. If Jeevaatma can not be hurt why should we as human being worry about the path we follow, after all body endures the pain not Jeevaatma.

My questions stems from my understanding that Sri Krishna feel the pain of living being, if that understanding is in correct, please tell me why should we pray for HIS blessings or work hard to get liberated. And liberation from? There are many questions to follow...

Thanks in advance....
    Last edited by Anirudh; 10 March 2017 at 01:21 AM.
    Anirudh...

Re: Generic doubt on Srimad B.G

Pain in the sense "Soul" is trapped in the body... isint it painful that soul who is supposed to be in the eternal world is wandering in the material world and is trapped in the body... so by pain that's what lord krishna meant...
    "Do not waste precious TIME as life is too short... we r here to go back to godhead... control the mind and senses and use yor time wisely.... nd nvea forget that we r the eternal servants of the lord and he is our Loving Master" Choice is yorz...

My understanding is that Shri Krishna does not feel any pain.
    Would some one clarify on this point

I also have another question on Gita.
    Is the Jeevatma and physical matter two separate things ? Is Jeevatma/Atma one and the same thing?
    Is Atma eternal and matter parishable.?

Namate 😊😊😊🙏🙏🙏
    Om

The pain mentioned needs to be understood in the larger context and in more abstracted form.

Though I cannot say that it doesn't include the micro level also. There are several examples to it.

First and foremost where do we place Krishna. Krishna is in the realm of Iswara. And Iswara is already in the realm of all attributes.

Thus Krishna is subjected to the attributes like us.

He being the Godhead is subjected to the culmination of the dharma - adharma , pain and pleasure, etc.
    That is why when adharma accumulates He comes down to bring the balance again.
    Or if His devotee is in pain He feels it. Or one who is very intense in praying Him, He answers.

These are examples of Him sharing our attributes .

However this form of Krishna should not be confused with Brahman which is attributeless.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

there are different kinds of pain. There is pain from the physical body. And there is also emotional pain. And then there is the pain of the soul, of mourning for God's presence in our lives. Or pain of a spiritual Master who suffers with the souls of his disciples.

Sciene and Faith - Not a Conflict

This idea that faith and science are in conflict does not fit the demographics. Belief in God among top professional scientists is about the same as the general public.

The list of Noble Prize Winners in science who believe in God is extensive.

Many great scientists believed God and/or the mystical. They include Benjamin Franklin, Isaac Newton, Nikolai Tesla, and, today, many Nobel Prize Winners in science, and many more.

The book below concludes that about 50% of scientists are religious, and, additionally, many more, while not religious, believe in God.

from this book:

Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really Think
    by Elaine Howard Ecklund

http://www.amazon.com/Science-vs-Rel.../dp/0199975000

Quoting from the article: "In the course of her research, Ecklund surveyed nearly 1,700 scientists and interviewed 275 of them. She finds that most of what we believe about the faith lives of elite scientists is wrong. Nearly 50 percent of them are religious. Many others are what she calls “spiritual entrepreneurs,” seeking creative ways to work with the tensions between science and faith outside the constraints of traditional religion…..only a small minority are actively hostile to religion."

+++

And here's A professional scientific study proving that prayer works:

http://www.1stholistic.com/Prayer/hol_prayer_proof.htm

"There is ample proof that prayer works. Many scientific studies have been conducted that validate this observation.

A 1993 Israeli survey following 10,000 civil servants for 26 years found that Orthodox Jews were less likely to die of cardiovascular problems than
    "nonbelievers." And a 1995 study from Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H., monitoring 250 people after open-heart surgery concluded that those who had religious connections and social support were 12 times less likely to die than those who had none."

+++

The Vatican science council, the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, has a long list of Noble Prize winning scientists who believe in God...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontifi...my_of_Sciences

++++++++++

Thread Information