Thread: Intelligence...

Intelligence...

Hari Om
    ~~~~~~

Namaste,

Have you given any thought to this thing we call Intelligence? What are your thoughts here?

Here's a few ideas for consideration - please feel free to participate. We all are users of this quality, what's your opinion on this?

This intellience is also considered Dhi (luminous) shakti, also agni tattva within us. That is, Agni is considered the first deva born in us, this intelligence. The graha's of Jupiter (guru) and Mercury (Budha) are karaka's ( or indicators/significators) of this quality.

Some think we as human beings have cornered the market on this quality. Our we sole owners of this? I have been taught that all things are the expression of intelligence and all things express this quality. Intelligence is much more then knowing square roots, how to compose a sentence, how chemical reactions work and rationalization of principles, or logic in life.
    My teacher says this Intelligence at its fundamental level is pure organizing power and inherent in it is the impulse to create. I see this every day when I view the natural universe around me. This intelligence is the core of creation. It is so natural and subtle it resides in every fiber of this creation.

To think a 30 meter (100 ft) tree comes from a seed. This seed is the 'desire' and the earth, rhe surroundings support this desire ( water, food, light, osmosis, photo synthesis, etc) all working to form the growth of a tree to reach up to the sky. All the laws of nature all the forces, all under the management of this intelligence and perhaps are the laws themselves. What intelligence is at work here with no need for a calculator, a measuring stick?

Animals demonstrate this intelligence daily. Some argue that animals are not intelligent, but operate under instinct. Exactly! This instinct is intelligence at its core level. This is just like our autonomic nervous system - it operates by instinct, its inherent intelligence that resides within the body, in the cells, in DNA.
    Then comes the argument - well can an animal paint, write a song, compose a sonnet. Obviously not. This expression of intelligence has different levels of manifesting. In us we may have it express itself in a different manner then in say a lion or rabbit. Yet think of how this intelligence manifests in the lion's smell, stealth, strength and speed. Much different then in our abilities.

We are made up of ~ 100 trillion cells (+/-) so say the scientists. Just think if we have to manage them consciously. They say of these 100 trillion cells roughly 10% are pure human, the others are all the bacteria that live off of us.
    So, let say we do not manage at the cellular level . Trying managing digestion and the transfer of energy, fluids, oxygen to the blood, just that would be a feat in itself. This is the expression of this organizing power, this intelligence.

This same intelligence that operates in us, also guides the creation of stars, the expansion and rotation of galaxies, the force of gravity, speed of light, black holes. The physics behind all this, the rules, the guardrails per se is intelligence.

My teacher says pure intelligence = pure consciousness. When one is established in Moksha then one is operating form this Pure Intelligence level. One need no longer drive as one gives up this notion to the intelligence that manages the cosmos. This is the notion of doing His work, when enlightened. We then operate from a level that is congruent with, and expressed in, the universe we see. Perhaps this is the blooming of 'let thy will be done' .

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 17 November 2007 at 07:42 AM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

I just don't get it!

Hari Om
    ~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Have you given any thought to this thing we call Intelligence? What are your thoughts here?

This intellience is also considered Dhi (luminous) shakti, also agni tattva within us. That is, Agni is considered the first deva born in us, this intelligence. The graha's of Jupiter (guru) and Mercury (Budha) are karaka's ( or indicators/significators) of this quality.

Some think we as human beings have cornered the market on this quality. Our we sole owners of this? I have been taught that all things are the expression of intelligence and all things express this quality. Intelligence is much more then knowing square roots, how to compose a sentence, how chemical reactions work and rationalization of principles, or logic in life.
    My teacher says this Intelligence at its fundamental level is pure organizing power and inherent in it is the impulse to create. I see this every day when I view the natural universe around me. This intelligence is the core of creation. It is so natural and subtle it resides in every fiber of this creation.
    Namaste,

have you ever wondered why a concept or idea, or explaination does not get comprehended or understood? It can be explained and the instructor is competent yet the native listening just says 'ha? what is this about I just don't get it'

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 17 November 2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: fixed the title
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Re: I just gon'

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

Namaste,

have you ever wondered why a concept or idea, or explaination does not get comprehended or understood? It can be explained and the nstructor is competent yet the native listening just says 'ha? what is this about I just don't get it
    Yes, I've wondered. On a daily basis, as I teach. Some students seem to know answers before you pose them. Others seem like they'll never get it. For example, I am stuck in Math at calculus. I was a whiz at linear algebra, but calculus, nope, I just am stuck. I think within the brain there are certain currents that can't connect. This of course varies from individual to individual. Within the multitude of students I've taught over the years, there are those who simply can't. An example is FAS kids or FAE kids. (Fetal alcohol syndrome, and the harder to detect FA Effected) These kids have had brain damage from time within the fetus. They won't get it. Of course, I'm talking of the 'normal' intelligence here, not the superconscious or "god" intelligence. That type is another matter totally. It comes from direct cognition, and I suspect from the pineal or pituitary. It is rare indeed, but still I see it in my students, when they get an insight into a story or something like that that I never got. Just the other day it happened. Now that's a lot harder to explain. Thanks Yajvan, for another line of discussion. Here's a question for you. Where do you get these insights for new lines of discussion here on HDF? Aum Namasivaya

Re: I just don't get it!

Hari Om
    ~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Yes, I've wondered. On a daily basis, as I teach. Some students seem to know answers before you pose them. Others seem like they'll never get it. For example, I am stuck in Math at calculus.... Thanks Yajvan, for another line of discussion. Here's a question for you. Where do you get these insights for new lines of discussion here on HDF? Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste EM,

I have a few notions on this matter and perhaps we can share it here.

The Graha's influnce - Dhi Shakti ( from Jupiter/Guru) and Buddhi ( intellect) from Mercury - Their positions greatly influnence e.g. exalted Jupiter in Cancer, Exalted Mercury in Virgo ( Some call Kanya). And raja yogas and Vipaeeta Raja yoga [ substaintal success after tribulation], Kemadruma yoga [dampening of intelligence]. Some of these are malific ( pApa) and some shubha (benefical). Yet they work on the mind/intellect.

Saturn and Sade Sati ( 7.5 years of Saturn) - this is a transit of Saturn as it transits over the 12th, 1st and 2 house from the moon's postioon in ones rasi chart. During this time the head, then the Body , then below the belt are negitivily influnced each perod lasts for ~ 2.5 years. Sade Sati in ones life may occur 3 times as it does around the sun. I for one can attest of this influeunce on me, as I experinced the 2nd round of Sade Sati.

Knowledge and Consciousness - the wisdom here is knowledge is structured in consciousness. This is how my teacher has expounded the meaning of the of the mantra's from the Rig Ved. People scratch their heads when they hear it for the first time. Let me offer a few other ways of saying it: Comprehension of Knowledge is contained in Consciousness i.e. More consciousness more comprehension. Infinite Consciousness = the Infinite can be comprehended.

Example: when I was a child of ~ 3 to 5 years of age, I was mesmerized by ones ability to tie their shoes. I thought I will never get this! This is too complex. I cannot tell you how many times I watched my patient Mother show me again and again... I just thought way too many loops, and turns and under-the-over and pulls and all that. Yet we all do!... with time + experience + trying, connects more neurons and all the synapse start to fire, yet what is occurring is consciousness is growing to accept the experience for this action.
    Like that , as we grow, not in age , but in consciousness , over time, we improve comprehension and the intellect. EM, you as a teacher will see this almost weekly. Some thing clicks and the kid that was behind is now ahead.

So the deal is, the grooming of the nervous system as we get older is integral to keeping fresh in mind, keeping the synapse in shape. One can do this with sadhana, with reading, mind exercises ( puzzles, games,etc).

re: Where do you get these insights for new lines of discussion here on HDF?

The ideas are just there, one idea stimulates another , or one insight connects with another and I think 'maybe others would like this or have an idea or two on this.' From a jyotish orientation, Mercury + Sun are together [ budhaditya yoga ] + Mercury is the Atmakarka ( indicator of the Atma) + Moon (Chandra) is in Moolatrikona position + 85% of the planets are in movable signs.
    All this suggests active imagination, intellect drives over heart, all that. Because of this 'set up' in me, I do lots of reading. The reading tends to be 98% spiritual, or knowledge based ( due to Guru-mangala yoga or Jupiter a.k.a. knowledge + mangala or fire of agni , the passion for knowledge). From reading the intellect is engaged and hence the steam of ideas.

Yet that said, during Sade Sati some years back,I could not think my way out of a paper bag. It took years before reclaiming some of the comprehension and creative skills that were overshadowed by this period. Much grief came from this. And as perscribed by sade sati , the grief was first in the head for 2.5 years, then the body, then (for me) the legs.
    As you know Sani (Saturn and some write Shani) walks with a limp. and Sani by definition is the 'slow moving one'.

Hence - I see the blessings in my chart and try to use what the Supreme has given to me, and pass it on or share what I know.

So if we want to poke around at any of these a bit more, perhaps others have an idea or two?

pranams,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Re: Intelligence...

Namaste yajvan, EM, and all,

It is written in the Bhagavad Gita (10:4-5)

Intelligence, knowledge, freedom from doubt and delusion, forgiveness, truthfulness, self-control, calmness, pleasure and pain, birth, death, fear, fearlessness, nonviolence, equanimity, satisfaction, austerity, charity, fame and infamy are created by Me alone.
    Om purnam adah, purnam idam, purnat purnam udacyate; purnasya purnam adaya purnam evavasisyate.
    Om Santih! Santih! Santih!

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Namaste yajvan, EM, and all,

It is written in the Bhagavad Gita (10:4-5)

Intelligence, knowledge, freedom from doubt and delusion, forgiveness, truthfulness, self-control, calmness, pleasure and pain, birth, death, fear, fearlessness, nonviolence, equanimity, satisfaction, austerity, charity, fame and infamy are created by Me alone.

Namste K,
    yes, beautiful... and once one lives this truth daily and experiences this as part of their own Being, that sadhu participates in these qualities/actions as they happen, as one is Brahman-Universal SELF.

thank you for sharing this.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Namaste

I have this version; quoting the text:

Bhagavad-GitA; X, IV to V

IV. Intellet (buddhi), wisdom, freedom from delusion,
    Long suffering, thruth, restrain, tranquillity,
    Pleasure and pain, coming-to-be and passing away,
    Fear and fearlessness as well,

V. Refusal to do harm, equanimity (samatA), content,
    Austerity, open-handedness, fame and infamy -
    Such are the dispositions (bhAvA) of contingent beings,
    And from Me in all their diversity they arise.

Hindu Scriptures, Translations by Dominic Goodall

Thread Information