Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Blog post from theinvisiblehindu.com - All Religions Not the Same

Latest Blog post from theinvisiblehindu.com - All Religions Not the Same

She said to me, "it does not matter what religion you are because they are all the same." I wanted to scream.....

http://theinvisiblehindu.com/no-not-the-same/
    In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.

Re: Latest Blog post from theinvisiblehindu.com - All Religions Not the Same

Dear friend,

Your essay is very good.

Today, upon browsing I landed upon this chart. I think it would be of interest to add it to the discussion here. This is the chart of how many branches of religious studies and thoughts are available in Hinduism (and the chart is not inclusive of all, perhaps). As can be seen, there are so many schools and diverse branches of philosophical study, wonder if there are parallels among other religions, as you have rightly ventured to point out!

Regards.

jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste Viraja, thank you for this chart. I will use it in a future post. Perhaps I can get an interview with you or a co authored post. I have lots of ideas and the beauty of this blog is the more I post the more I learn through research . Thanks for the feedback.
    Aum
    Mystical Soul aka Jon aka Invisible Hindu
    In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.

Hari Om!

Took the time to read your blog from an initial post that you made promoting it. Pleasantly surprised.

The contribution you linked above is great. I even took the time to comment some time ago. Disappointed to more haven't done the same.

All the best to you.

Om

Namaste,

Very thoughtful blog. Most of us are non practitioners of our faiths and are attached to it in name only. So, it does not matter what our label is as we hardly practice it. That is where the comment, 'all religions are the same', originates. If I don't do any reading then a book by Shakespeare is no different from the National Enquirer.

Pranam.

PS, For my non-US friends, National Enquirer is an American tabloid with lot of celebrity gossip and most of it is made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Soul View Post
    She said to me, "it does not matter what religion you are because they are all the same." I wanted to scream.....

http://theinvisiblehindu.com/no-not-the-same/
    Namaste

Good start. Didn't read in full, unable to spend time. Keep up the good work.
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Very thoughtful blog. Most of us are non practitioners of our faiths and are attached to it in name only. So, it does not matter what our label is as we hardly practice it. That is where the comment, 'all religions are the same', originates. If I don't do any reading then a book by Shakespeare is no different from the National Enquirer.

Pranam.

PS, For my non-US friends, National Enquirer is an American tabloid with lot of celebrity gossip and most of it is made up.

Namaste Believer *

I am not intending to argue here. I (probably many like me) am confused with the phrase Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (roughly translated as the world is one family). As this phrase is in our scriptures, it is one of the (most) abused phrase by pseudo secular scholars to deny the rights of Hinduism and Hindus. We all know what these pseudo secular scholars are up to, hope there wont be any question on what is so bad about pseudo secular scholars. For those who did not had the opportunity to know pseudo secularism, here is a link that gives eagles view.

If you can, please let us know how to understand the phrase Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam in the light of this thread.

* This question is open to all
    Last edited by Anirudh; 25 March 2017 at 01:20 AM.
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    I (probably many like me) am confused with the phrase Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (roughly translated as the world is one family). As this phrase is in our scriptures,

We are getting off-topic but my understanding is that in the proper context, these two words mean exactly the opposite of what they mean without the context. This was explained few years back by our friend Sahasranama. It would be difficult to track down the info as it was part of a thread. Alternately, which scripture carries these words and in what context are they used? Researching that might add to your understanding. Good luck!

Pranam.

I guess this is the thread you were talking about. Thank you Believer. I ll read this thread, if required will raise a separate thread.

http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?7045-The-hoax-called-Vasudhaiva-Kutumbakam&highlight=Vasudhaiva+Kutumbakam

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

We are getting off-topic but my understanding is that in the proper context, these two words mean exactly the opposite of what they mean without the context. This was explained few years back by our friend Sahasranama. It would be difficult to track down the info as it was part of a thread. Alternately, which scripture carries these words and in what context are they used? Researching that might add to your understanding. Good luck!

Pranam.

Namaste

Apologies as you observed it as off the topic. I am glad you shared your views in spite of it. This phrase is in Maha Upanishad. Original Sanskrit text can be found here. English translation is here. If all religion is different, how entire world can be as one family and vice versa. I wish Senior members share their views.

PS: BTW, at least about one thousand years ago Vaishnava and Shaiva were treated as different religions (मत) with common root.
    Last edited by Anirudh; 26 March 2017 at 03:54 AM.
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

Our distinguished member saidevo's response in the post that you referenced is adequate for me. I do not wish to waste my time on anything published by the Theosophical Society, (your translation link). They have a Western oriented take on everything - mutated, self-serving translations.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 26 March 2017 at 11:52 AM.

Thread Information