Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest Blog post from theinvisiblehindu.com - All Religions Not the Same

Re: Latest Blog post from theinvisiblehindu.com - All Religions Not the Same

Quote Originally Posted by c.smith View Post
    Hari Om!

Took the time to read your blog from an initial post that you made promoting it. Pleasantly surprised.

The contribution you linked above is great. I even took the time to comment some time ago. Disappointed to more haven't done the same.

All the best to you.

Om
    Namaste C Smith Thank you. My delay in responding is because I was out of the country for the past week and did not have very good internet access. Appreciate the support
    Aum
    In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.

hariḥ om̐
    ~~~~~~

namasté

For the HDF reader's kind consideration:

Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (roughly translated as the world is one family)
    From the mahopaniṣat ( some write maha upaniṣad1), the 1st limb (aṅga) of 4 ( some like to call ~flow~ (niḥṣyandaḥ) we find the following:
    sahasraśīrṣaṃ devaṃ sahasrākṣaṃ viśvasambhuvam|
    viśvataḥ paramaṃ nityaṃ viśvaṃ nārāyaṇaṃ harim
    || 10​2

• sahasraśīrṣa – 1,000 headed ( code for puruṣa )
    • devam – divine
    • sahasrākṣaṃ - thousand-eyed i.e. all seeing, all-perceiving , all-inspecting
    • viśvasambhuvam = viśva + sambhuvam = whole, entire + produced from, made from
    • viśvataḥ = viśva+taḥ = all pervading + the quality of
    • paramaṃ chief , highest , primary
    • nityam - constantly dwelling or engaged in (continual , perpetual , eternal)
    • nārāyaṇaṃ - ādipuruṣa, the Supreme
    • harim - ‘of the world ‘ ; we too know this term for many other definitions such as bearing , carrying , another name of viṣṇuḥ & kṛṣṇaḥ

In brief this śloka says,
    nārāyaṇa is in the form (viśvasambhuvam) of the whole entire world (harim) ||10

इतिशिवं
    iti śivaṁ

1. maha upaniṣad
    • 1st limb – the discussion of nārāyaṇa
    • 2nd limb – śukadeva (son of vyāsa-ji no less) and his questions i.e. how has this ~world~ come about and how is it destroyed ? His questions are addressed by king janaka
    • 3rd & 4th limb – nidāgha-ji son of ṛbhu-ji and their dialog.

2. The 10th śloka for one's inspection
    सहस्रशीर्षं देवं सहस्राक्षं विश्वसम्भुवम्।
    विश्वतः परमं नित्यं विश्वं नारायणं हरिम्।| 10
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ om̐
    ~~~~~~

namasté

For the HDF reader's kind consideration:

From the mahopaniṣat ( some write maha upaniṣad1), the 1st limb (aṅga) of 4 ( some like to call ~flow~ (niḥṣyandaḥ) we find the following:
    sahasraśīrṣaṃ devaṃ sahasrākṣaṃ viśvasambhuvam|
    viśvataḥ paramaṃ nityaṃ viśvaṃ nārāyaṇaṃ harim
    || 10​2

• sahasraśīrṣa – 1,000 headed ( code for puruṣa )
    • devam – divine
    • sahasrākṣaṃ - thousand-eyed i.e. all seeing, all-perceiving , all-inspecting
    • viśvasambhuvam = viśva + sambhuvam = whole, entire + produced from, made from
    • viśvataḥ = viśva+taḥ = all pervading + the quality of
    • paramaṃ chief , highest , primary
    • nityam - constantly dwelling or engaged in (continual , perpetual , eternal)
    • nārāyaṇaṃ - ādipuruṣa, the Supreme
    • harim - ‘of the world ‘ ; we too know this term for many other definitions such as bearing , carrying , another name of viṣṇuḥ & kṛṣṇaḥ

In brief this śloka says,
    nārāyaṇa is in the form (viśvasambhuvam) of the whole entire world (harim) ||10

इतिशिवं
    iti śivaṁ

1. maha upaniṣad
    • 1st limb – the discussion of nārāyaṇa
    • 2nd limb – śukadeva (son of vyāsa-ji no less) and his questions i.e. how has this ~world~ come about and how is it destroyed ? His questions are addressed by king janaka
    • 3rd & 4th limb – nidāgha-ji son of ṛbhu-ji and their dialog.

2. The 10th śloka for one's inspection
    सहस्रशीर्षं देवं सहस्राक्षं विश्वसम्भुवम्।
    विश्वतः परमं नित्यं विश्वं नारायणं हरिम्।| 10
    Namaste Yajvan,

First expression in this sloka caught me, how this reference is different from the one we read in Purusha Suktam.

What is the value addition we get from the Sloka you have quoted to the point I have raised in my post.

Apparently I feel like adding some info to the footnote in my profile as I keep raising slightly controversial questions .

I don't intend to derail the thread, however, some practices and philosophies have not been made clear to the common public since ages. Even if they have been, many of them are either biased or selective. Hence it creates a chaos and lack of trust. Most likely when we trudge to find out TRUTH, end up creating a storm in a cup for noticeable period of time
    Anirudh...

hariḥ om̐
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Anirudh writes,

First expression in this sloka caught me, how this reference is different from the one we read in Purusha Suktam.
    What is the value addition we get from the Sloka you have quoted to the point I have raised in my post.
    The value add is to compare and contrast how various śastra-s may describe the Supreme, yet still have the same core names e.g. sahasraśīrṣa – 1,000 headed ( code for puruṣa ).
    I don't intend to derail the thread, however, some practices and philosophies have not been made clear to the common public since ages.
    Not sure if you want me to respond to this.

Even if they have been, many of them are either biased or selective .
    ... this I believe is opinion driven. The works I read and study do not meet this definition ( I am not saying you think otherwise). Yet to the casual reader, the casual sādhu, they may be satisfied with some writings that are entry level, and for them they have been short changed. I do not offer posts that fits that bill, and no harm, as a person will just move on to the next post or idea.
    I write for the ādhikārin (qualified aspirant) and mumukṣu ( the one’s with the desire for liberation). Yet of these ideas, I write for my own clarity of understanding (svabodhapariśuddhi) and perhaps some like-minds will benefit. But what is the benefit? to remove the blemish of agraṇā and anyathā-grahaṇa i.e. the non-apprehension and mis-apprehension of Reality, of which is svarūpāvasthāna , one’s own natural condition. It is not something that is produced ( chased after, made, or acquired as if it were an object).

इतिशिवं
    iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information