Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Concept of God

Concept of God

Do you guys ever feel that this concept of God is kinda overblown. I mean who in his right mind be playing a game like this. Is this all for entertainment, I wonder? Wouldn't god have made us 100 times better than we are now? Why didn't he give us all super powers of love and bliss to begin with?

As some will say - "why do you think he hasn't already given those super powers?"

Question is very nice and easy to raise such question.

My response

1. Sages had determined many ways to understand a subject. Our perceptors classified them in three ways. They are Praatyaaksha, anumaana and Saastra. Presence of god can be determined only by Saastra and not by other two means. (request you to post a query separately to me in this forum or by email to me at ramkish42@toughguy.net if you have any queries on this three) As you are trying to understand lord by anumaana this is not allowing you to reach him. The basic idea is this - Praatyaksha and anumaana are limited and finite hence such things cannot refer to some thing that is infinite. Let me give you a practical example

I want to you make a infinite number by adding any number continously. all mathematicians will say as long as you add finite numbers you will get only finite answers. Suppose you try adding one infinity to anything immediately you will get infinity. This infinity is greatest knowledge - knowledge of soul, god and their relationship which can be obtained only by infinite source which Saastra. As Isha ritely points out

poornamataha poornamitam poornaath poornamadhayasyathe
    poornasya poornamaadaaya poornamevaava sishyathe

Infinity emanates from infinity

2. Now to answer you question directly.

God has bestowed super powers on you. It is just hidden. Why it is hidden? if you fall back and become mischievous there is no point in giving you super powers. These super powers are terms as Asta Siddhi which you can obtain by performing different duties as prescribed by scriptures. This super power has another form called gnaana which you can get by reading many scriptures, being in satsanga , by loving god. This super power has another name called Yoga which you can practise. This super power has another name called aatma which you should realise by scriptures or all by yourself by abstaining from preyas and concenrating on sreyas. There are so many super powers like this

In case you do not understand any of my words in sanskrit, request you to bounce back

Last but not least,
    asurya naamate lokaa, andheena tamasaavruta
    thaanste pretyaapi gachanti ye ka cha aatmahane jana

Pls do not deny your soul what it rightly deserves

Quote Originally Posted by ramkish42
    Question is very nice and easy to raise such question.

My response

1. Sages had determined many ways to understand a subject. Our perceptors classified them in three ways. They are Praatyaaksha, anumaana and Saastra. Presence of god can be determined only by Saastra and not by other two means. (request you to post a query separately to me in this forum or by email to me at ramkish42@toughguy.net if you have any queries on this three) As you are trying to understand lord by anumaana this is not allowing you to reach him. The basic idea is this - Praatyaksha and anumaana are limited and finite hence such things cannot refer to some thing that is infinite. Let me give you a practical example

I want to you make a infinite number by adding any number continously. all mathematicians will say as long as you add finite numbers you will get only finite answers. Suppose you try adding one infinity to anything immediately you will get infinity. This infinity is greatest knowledge - knowledge of soul, god and their relationship which can be obtained only by infinite source which Saastra. As Isha ritely points out

Infinity emanates from infinity

2. Now to answer you question directly.

God has bestowed super powers on you. It is just hidden. Why it is hidden? if you fall back and become mischievous there is no point in giving you super powers. These super powers are terms as Asta Siddhi which you can obtain by performing different duties as prescribed by scriptures. This super power has another form called gnaana which you can get by reading many scriptures, being in satsanga , by loving god. This super power has another name called Yoga which you can practise. This super power has another name called aatma which you should realise by scriptures or all by yourself by abstaining from preyas and concenrating on sreyas. There are so many super powers like this

In case you do not understand any of my words in sanskrit, request you to bounce back

Last but not least,
    asurya naamate lokaa, andheena tamasaavruta
    thaanste pretyaapi gachanti ye ka cha aatmahane jana

Pls do not deny your soul what it rightly deserves
    Very nice reply. But please, I do not understand the bolded words in your message. Please explain the meanin of these words and then I shall comment on your nice reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramkish
    Praatyaaksha, anumaana and Saastra
    Sensing direclty, Inference and texts

Quote Originally Posted by Ramkish
    This is infinity; that is infinity; infinity emanates from infinity; if infinity removed from infinity infinity still remain.

Here the words infinity refers to Soul and God as per Masters

gnaana - Knowledge
    satsanga - Good Company
    aatma - Soul
    preyas - Plesant Activities
    sreyas - Good Activities

When you comment send me indication to ramkish42@toughguy.net pls

Quote Originally Posted by coolbodhi
    Do you guys ever feel that this concept of God is kinda overblown. I mean who in his right mind be playing a game like this. Is this all for entertainment, I wonder? Wouldn't god have made us 100 times better than we are now? Why didn't he give us all super powers of love and bliss to begin with?

Is this when evolution should be brought up? If you think about it the evolution theory does sound someone intelligent created it, it seems like someone's plan, why would you put living things on a planet that changes without having the species adapt to the changing planet. Dinosaurs died out but more than likely became birds because the planet changed, giving rise to us. Evolution isn't as random as some people think. There's my theory on it, if we were 100% better so quickly than it would be too easy. Even Manu says that we evolved, if anyone has that quote from him feel free to do so if I don't find it.
    Last edited by nekozuki; 15 April 2006 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekozuki
    Is this when evolution should be brought up? If you think about it the evolution theory does sound someone intelligent created it, it seems like someone's plan, why would you put living things on a planet that changes without having the species adapt to the changing planet. Dinosaurs died out but more than likely became birds because the planet changed, giving rise to us. Evolution isn't as random as some people think. There's my theory on it, if we were 100% better so quickly than it would be too easy.
    Hindu's are most ancient believers in evolution. But not natural selection.
    But I don't see a problem with natural selection at a purely physical level.

Dear Ramkish, can you please site some evidence why Praatyaaksha, anumaana are not valid path of God realization?

Needless to say, it makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Singhi Kaya
    Hindu's are most ancient believers in evolution. But not natural selection.
    But I don't see a problem with natural selection at a purely physical level.
    Darwin's theory is a bit flawed, he couldn't even explain flowered plants. Dinosaurs for instance: It's obvious that they became birds, during the Jurassic and Cretaceous period their skeletal system took on more birdlike features and even T-Rex has feathers on top of his body. Now my question is what form was between the scales and feathers. How did scales become feathers, where's the fossil record? Another thing about Darwin is that he didn't have the technology to view the complexity of the DNA molecule, especially human DNA. People just simply said, " oh humans and apes look similar therefore humans must come from apes". Not so, the lemur is a primate at first glance you would think it was related to a raccoon. Manatees are related to elephants, do they look that similar? Nope. The human genome project found out that humans are closer to dolphins than apes, has anyone heard of this?

Nope haven't heard. My biology days are long over, plus I hated it.

Humans genes closer dolphins sounds a bit crazy at first instance. Can you give us a link to this quite incredible discovery?

But I thought evolution of humans is pretty well researched with so many species of pre-historic human being confirmed? May be all missing links has not been set right.

At any rate, this only says current theory has not been able to explain evolution even at physical level. But a guy sapping finger in the sky is a poor alternative

Thread Information