Namaste,

Not trying to ask a question just for the sake of asking one. But seriously, I have been looking for certain solutions for long... for example, the quickest (and easiest) way to get rid of pride and egotism. And the following is a related topic -

It seems to me that a female birth is somewhat tougher than a man's because a woman's bodily obsession is much more than a man. There is hardly any woman who does not like to or want to look beautiful, get complimented for the bodily beauty, and curses her luck if she thinks she is not as beautiful. (Exceptions apply).

Given that obsession with looks is hard to get over, men are on the luckier side with this, as the society does not emphasize physical beauty for men and many of them have a gross disregard for their looks. How blessed are the mankind then!

Also as an additional point, I want to note that women are not interested in 'dry vedhanta' like men. This can be seen as a further limitation to a woman's procurement of knowledge, which yields humility and wisdom.

Therefore, I have following pertinent questions -

1. Is redeeming oneself of pride, vanity and egotism (jealousy is a by-product) tougher for a woman?

2. Does Hinduism address ways for women to ascend spiritually, based on her unique mental makeup and needs? If so, what are they?

Kindly reply to this question.

With best regards,

Viraja