Thread: Vaishnava sectarianism

Angry Vaishnava sectarianism

Namaste all.

I hope this is right section for this thread.

I want to share with other hindus my regret about vaishnava sectarianism.

I used to be a gaudiya-vaishnava until a few time ago and now I am back with Sri vaishnavism(Ramanuja-sampradaya).

Look what I found in a Sri vaishnava site:

34.Persons like Ramana maharishi, Ramakrishna paramahamsa,and Thiagaraja had the vision of Lord although their sampradayam and preachings are entirely different. How can we say that they did not get salvation at the end of their life, just because they don’t fit into our understanding of the tatvas?

Even an atheist sees the Lord Shreeman Narayana in His Archa Roopam. Seeing His Archa Roopam is same as seeing His para roopam. Does the atheist get moksham? He will not get moksham just because he saw God. He must have an understanding of the tatva-hita-purushaarthas as told in the Veda. At least, he must have understood that only Shreeman Narayana is the unparalleled and unsurpassed supreme self. He must then adopt the sadyopaya (bhatki or prapathi) as per the guidance of a Shree Vaishnava Aachaarya. Only then, he can get moksha. The list of names that you have given in your question is dominated by Advaitins. The Advaitins are prachana-bowdhdas. Please do not think that I am avoiding by not mentioning their names again. The tatva-hita-purusharthas can be known only from the Veda. As the Visishtadvaita Shree Vaishnavam is the only philosophy and practice, which is parama-vaidikam, he who does either bhakti or prapatti alone gets moksham. Others do not get moksham until they completely renounce their philosophy and practice and embrace Visishtadvaita Shree Vaishnavam to adopt the sadyopaya.

Many vaishnavas say that advaita and shaivism are not genuine paths to reach God and achieve moksha.

I am really sorry about the sectarianism of many vaishnava,aren't hindus supposed to be broad minded persons?

Pranama,
    Orlando

Re: Vaishnava sectarianism

Namaste Orlando,

If your looking for differences they can always be found, at times they are needed but the true context needs to be found which is usually lost in the translation. Ultimately Vaishnavism, Gaudiya and Shaivite traditions are not sectarian.

I will offer this speaker Dinadyatma Prabhu for you to listen, he is non sectarian Gaudiya Vaishnava of South Indian Origin, and his explanations are very good, he will explain the sampradayas and purpose of the different teachings of the Acharyas plus many other tattvas and give the essence of what is Atma. His lectures are quite long, but he is "one" of the best speakers I have come across in English within the Vaishnava traditions and is completely non sectarian and very learned. If you can give this speaker some time it will be of great benefit.

http://www.bhagavatadharma.co.uk/

Hare Krsna

Quote Originally Posted by orlando View Post
    Namaste all.

I hope this is right section for this thread.

I want to share with other hindus my regret about vaishnava sectarianism.

I used to be a gaudiya-vaishnava until a few time ago and now I am back with Sri vaishnavism(Ramanuja-sampradaya).

Look what I found in a Sri vaishnava site:

34.Persons like Ramana maharishi, Ramakrishna paramahamsa,and Thiagaraja had the vision of Lord although their sampradayam and preachings are entirely different. How can we say that they did not get salvation at the end of their life, just because they don’t fit into our understanding of the tatvas?

Even an atheist sees the Lord Shreeman Narayana in His Archa Roopam. Seeing His Archa Roopam is same as seeing His para roopam. Does the atheist get moksham? He will not get moksham just because he saw God. He must have an understanding of the tatva-hita-purushaarthas as told in the Veda. At least, he must have understood that only Shreeman Narayana is the unparalleled and unsurpassed supreme self. He must then adopt the sadyopaya (bhatki or prapathi) as per the guidance of a Shree Vaishnava Aachaarya. Only then, he can get moksha. The list of names that you have given in your question is dominated by Advaitins. The Advaitins are prachana-bowdhdas. Please do not think that I am avoiding by not mentioning their names again. The tatva-hita-purusharthas can be known only from the Veda. As the Visishtadvaita Shree Vaishnavam is the only philosophy and practice, which is parama-vaidikam, he who does either bhakti or prapatti alone gets moksham. Others do not get moksham until they completely renounce their philosophy and practice and embrace Visishtadvaita Shree Vaishnavam to adopt the sadyopaya.

Many vaishnavas say that advaita and shaivism are not genuine paths to reach God and achieve moksha.

I am really sorry about the sectarianism of many vaishnava,aren't hindus supposed to be broad minded persons?

Pranama,
    Orlando

Namaste Orlando

I myself a Sri Vaishnava, the core principle of Sri Vaishnavism is to stay away spreading negative feelings towards any other path. A Sri Vaishnava who has undergone Pancha Samaskaram or Samasrayanam has surrendered to Sriman Naaraayan. If you read the books given below you will understand the reasons behind.

So, I am unable to understand what you are looking for?

This book will give you a great insight. A Dialog on Hinduism by V. N. Gopala Desikan is an excellent book.

Sri U. Ve. Krishnan Swamigal, Sri Chinna Jeeyar, Sri Dushyant Sridhar have uploaded very good Upanyasams on Sri Vaishnava principles, you can find some good discourses in English as well.

Hope this helps.
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    This book will give you a great insight.
    Revered vaishnava...thanks for linking the book,it is a very constructive and interesting reading

Thread Information