Thread: Possibilities manifested from Śaivite texts

Possibilities manifested from Śaivite texts

Namaskāra everyone...

I've been away for a long time... Over a year, I think. I've done a lot of reading, and thinking, and experiencing. I remember some of the first posts I made here that was made without knowledge of any of the texts, like ātmā bodha, tattva bodha, āṣṭāvakra gītā, dṛg dṛśya viveka, Bhagavad Gītā, etc., which I have read since then.

It took time for me to realize that the closest alignment I have of my knowledge is with Śaivism, and probably specifically Kaśmiri Śaivism. I have been reading the Śiva Sūtras, and I have been seeing some of the things I revealed in those first posts in the book. I have looked at the first few pages of the Spandakārikā, but was interrupted by a busy work schedule until recently. And to go back to basics even further, I'm reading an introduction book to Kaśmiri Śaivism in order to get into my head what this is about, and go beyond it to experience it.

My question at this time is, "What will happen to me when I have read and experienced the Śaivite texts?" I am looking for a way, or to ascertain, whether it is realistic and possible for me to control my world to the extent that things start disappearing from it, as in one day, I realize that I haven't seen something for several weeks, and I look around for it in stores, in public, and I ask people where can I find it, and they ask me, "Church? What is that?" Or destructive technologies start disappearing, like many kinds of weapons, "I'm sorry, a missile. Ummm, what is that?" And how about adharmic people, "Felderson... Hmmm, who is that again?" It's as if not only the things disappear, but any memories or knowledge of them in people around you disappears, too.

Is ANYTHING like this possible? If not, then please help me understand what is possible and reasonable as a result of learning the texts pertaining to Śaivism. I know it sounds like a stupid question, but I am leaving NO STONE unturned...

Praṇāma...

Re: Possibilities manifested from Śaivite texts

hariḥ om̐
    ~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by deafAncient View Post
    Namaskāra everyone...
    My question at this time is, "What will happen to me when I have read and experienced the Śaivite texts?" I am looking for a way, or to ascertain, whether it is realistic and possible for me to control my world.
    To answer your question with any insight and accuracy, first one must ask of you, who is this 'me' and 'my' you are referring to?
    You see if it is the limited 'you' of boundaries, likes, dislikes, time constraints, height, width, and length constraints , thinking one is the actual doer of things ( artṛtva1) ,of smallness2 that is one conversation. Yet if one views themselves as akhaṇḍākara3 that becomes quite a different conversation.

But yajvan, why even bring up these notions ? I don't get it!
    Because of what you have said in your post,
    I have been reading the Śiva Sūtras, and I have been seeing some of the things I revealed in those first posts in the book.
    When you are within the śiva sūtras the very first word is:
    चैतन्यमात्मा
    १॥
    caitanyamātmā||1
    this says,
    pure Being/pure consciousness (caitanyam) is the true nature or form (ātmā)||1

But of what , the true nature or form of what? Of everything.

So, is your question from the level of fullness , wholeness , without break or pause? ~or~ from a+pūrṇam+manyata – not (a) +wholeness (pūrṇam) ?
    It is the ( ontological4) difference between infinite and finite.

इतिशिवं
    iti śivaṁ

1. artṛtva - the state of being the performer or author of anything
    2. smallness - āṇavamala is the blemish (mala) of smallness (āṇava)
    3. akhaṇḍākara = akhaṇḍa – whole, entire, not fragmented + ākara =plenty, a rich source of
    4. ontological - dealing with the nature of being ( bhū) ; the study of existence; this is the core of the śiva sūtras. Why so? Existence is predicated on Being, and this within this school of tought is none other than paramaśiva.

Last edited by yajvan; 26 May 2017 at 08:00 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: Possibilities manifested from Śaivite texts

Namaste deafAncient,

In regards to what it is you want to do, I'm just going to leave this here:

"Don't pray for an easy life; pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
    --Bruce Lee

Thread Information