I know this topic has been discussed before, and I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules by posting this. Please delete this post if it's inappropriate in any way. I'm personally not interested in politics and I don't believe in caste discrimination; I love Hinduism for its spiritual values and the way it enriches our lives. Therefore it is absolutely heartbreaking for me to see it being relentlessly targeted due to caste based politics in India, especially the place I am from. From the past month, I'm reading non-stop articles of Dalits leaving Hinduism by immersing idols and pictures of the gods in the river, defiling them publicly and other similar acts. Books like Ambedkar's "Riddles in Hinduism" which openly target and attack Hinduism in the most vicious way imaginable, are actively encouraged and propagated everywhere including prominent literary festivals, which claim that Hinduism is nothing but a quagmire of casteism, misogyny and superstition. Apparently just yesterday, an FIR was lodged against a person in my area for making some comments against Ambedkar in a private messaging app. So, that act is a crime against humanity but it is perfectly fine to humiliate Hindu deities publicly, and Hindus are expected to bear it all quietly?

I don't know what's worse, this behaviour or the fact that Hindus don't say a word against it (other than some misguided oddballs who counter it with violence). I don't deny there has been a lot of ugliness due to casteism and still is, I respect Ambedkar for what he did for the oppressed, but the continuous and relentless targeting of Hinduism, the open insults and abusive humiliation of deities really is painful to see. I happen to belong to a so-called "upper" caste, but I've never been concerned about anyone's caste and have always believed in equality. Even in our scriptures, there are several verses supporting this, which has already been discussed in detail in the past. If someone wants to leave Hinduism, they're free to do so in a respectable manner. I don't think the deities did anything regarding their current issues; why take their anger out on them! Isn't giving up hatred one of the core teachings of Buddhism, which they convert to? Yet, there's abundant hatred there. There is a limit to everything, and I feel Hindus need to stop being submissive and offer a respectful but firm and appropriate response to such attacks.

I'm sorry again if I offended anyone; it was not my intention. I just am hurt by all this and apparently since a Hindu being offended is not allowed in this country, I wanted to post my feelings.