Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flag

The aiMTA or cIMdI has been removed from the revolutionary carkhA to restore it to the ancient cakra.

carkhA चर्खा or carkhI चर्खी is clearly distinguished from carka चर्क .

And in Hindi, this old joke certainly involves the transformation of carka चर्क into cakra चक्र, by removing the appended loop (cIMdI or cIndI ~ which also indicates shuffling or cheating).
    Last edited by sarabhanga; 25 March 2006 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga
    You are not worthy of the name Ram !
    True, only Shri Ramachanda Murthy ever can be worthy of that name, how can mere mortals be so?

Carka is a Hindi term for “leprosy, damage, fraud, or swindle”, and it is NOT connected with spinning wheels, and nor is it connected in any way with the divine Dharmacakra.
    But this is well known. Gandhian Charka is too well known in India. Rest of the confusion is from mere English renderings. I dont know Hindi too well to really appreciate what you are saying.

Others may not have understood your slanderous (and truly anti-Hindu) remark ~ but your true nature is now quite apparent.
    I get the feeling you are not Indian, or a Hindu living abroad?

Please withdraw your unwarranted and highly offensive comment.
    Done. Hehe.

Sorry for the bit of confusion.

Hmm, Satay, the first post on your forum I get called anti Hindu - what next?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram
    But this is well known. Gandhian Charka is too well known in India. Rest of the confusion is from mere English renderings. I dont know Hindi too well to really appreciate what you are saying.
    correct english word is "charkha" not carka or charka which has a different meaning as sarabhanga said. Actually, I didn't even pick up on that since I know you personally and knew what you meant. The confusion was due to you dropping the "h".

I get the feeling you are not Indian, or a Hindu living abroad?
    I don't know why you get this feeling.

Hmm, Satay, the first post on your forum I get called anti Hindu - what next?
    you might be a lot of things but anti-hindu you are not!

sarabhanga is right in that if someone didn't know you there is a subtle insult there in your post which most modern hindus will miss!
    satay

Weather it is Gandhi's Charkha or Ashoka Chakra...the fact is this figure in very important in Sanatana Dharma and also closely related with Lord Krishna. Everything is his leela and he loves to do leela....today Ultimately Chakra is on the flag of "Nation of Bharat"...the same name "Bharat" which he used for Arjuna to give message of Bhagavad Gita. Bhagavad Gita was actually directed towards future Bharat (Arjuna was just a medium) so that it's message can become base of this nation (Bharat) in Kali Yuga. His ultimate objective was creation of Spiritual Base for Kali Yuga.

Initially, This Bharat was also confused (see history of last 2000 years) and that Bharat (Arjuna) was also confused. After understanding message of Gita that Bharat (Arjuna) matured and became spiritual force. As the time passes (slowly and slowly) this Bharat (India) will also become like that Bharat (Arjuna) ...which will guide humanity in Kali Yuga. It's foolish to think that Mission of Krishna (grand incarnation) and Bhagavad Gita is completed...Actually, It has just started...
    Last edited by Eternal Law; 25 March 2006 at 11:40 AM.

I agree with this. Krishna's message was hardly for Arjuna( who is so great already to percieve the universal form of the Lord) but it was only for Bharat. Bharat naturally implies the world, so the message is for the whole world.

Incidentally, Bharatvarsha, as much as it stands for the subcontinent of India, also stands for the human body. In those days, a person who leaves the land of Bharatvarsha was called a mleccha and treated like an outcaste when he returned. But this was due to poor understanding. Bharat has an inner meaning in it - it refers to the human body. Never leave Bharat means never leave the human body and strive for the one goal, failing which you are a mleccha. Always do good Karma, acquire spiritual merit by tapasya and devotion and you will never leave Bharat Varsha, the human body until you attain the infinite. (will not fall into animal births)
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

I believe, it is not a chance that this piece of land is called Bharat which is same name using which Krishna gave message of Gita. In Kali Yuga whole world can't become Spiritually awake. In Kali Yuga only this Land whose name is Bharat will become spiritual guide for rest of the Humanity and deep inside i believe this creation of Bharat was the main objective of Krishna and Bhagavad Gita and that was the main reason why Krishna used word Bharat which was destined to become a grand nation and civilization in future. As Sai Baba of Shirdi said nearly 100 years ago, real days of Bhagavad Gita are yet come when almost every home of this nation will have Bhagavad Gita and will understand it's verses.
    Last edited by Eternal Law; 25 March 2006 at 01:48 PM.

I dont beleive in a piece of land being called anything special.( except sacred spots like Kasi, Tirupati etc)

Every bit of the world belongs to Bhagavan and is sacred in that respect. The whole world wont become spiritually awake, we already have too many mlecchas in our own lands. But Gita is for the whole world, and any one who is spiritually serious will find it irrespective of where he is in the world. It is wrong to think Arjuna can be found only in India. They are present all over the world.

I think Indians should never mix India and Hinduism, and never associate the religion with the land called India. Hinduism was incidentally born in India, and thrived here, but the message is meant for the whole world.
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudarshan
    I I think Indians should never mix India and Hinduism, and never associate the religion with the land called India. Hinduism was incidentally born in India, and thrived here, but the message is meant for the whole world.
    In a way, I agree with you. It's the bogus "hindus" of India that have no spine and show no interest in Dharma and instead are running after donkey's food (money).

Hinduism is for everyone and I am surprised actually and think that it will be thriving once again in the hands of the likes of Dr. Frawley and others. Just look at our sarabhanga and shaivite (Bhakti Yoga seeker)...how passionate they are about Dharma and stand up nicely while the bugus hindus just run after money...

enough said...

satay

You have replied with birth of Hinduism as base which is just 5000 years old logically...whereas i also took previous 3 Yugas into consideration when whole earth was follower of Sanatana Dharma (Sat Yuga) and in every sucessive Yuga it started shrinking. Ofcourse Gita is for all like Sun rays are for all....in kali yuga only Bharat is destined to become that Sun from where Spiritual Rays will move in all directions, sooner or later.
    Last edited by Eternal Law; 25 March 2006 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satay
    I don't know why you get this feeling.
    I dont know - people in India will know immediately what "Charka" means , especially since I also referred to the "spin thread apparatus" in the same context. There was possibly no need to interpret that message as a subtle insult. I introduced myself as your friend, and so somebody should sense my motives here, no?

Too much nationalism and religionism are also not good. To me, all religions are truly one and the same, all neither fully correct nor wrong. I dont care much if somebody insults India, Hinduism or God either. Only the person is loosing credibility by these acts. When a dog barks at the sun, who gets hurt?

Neither India nor Sanatana Dharma loose anything when some ignorant remarks are spewed on them. Just tease the troll who does them - my philosophy. Dont drive them or ban them, because it serves no purpose. Tease and educate the trolls.

Thread Information