Thread: Panentheistic Saiva tradition

Panentheistic Saiva tradition

Hello all, I'm looking for a Saiva agamic philosophy and texts which deal with bheda-abheda/qualified monism/panentheistic knowledge. Also interested in learning theological, devotional and metaphysical knowledge.

Thanks.

Re: Panentheistic Saiva tradition

Hari Om,
    Namaste Ale,

Think start researching Saiva Siddhanta and may find what you are looking for.

Shivoham

FFTW

Hello, doesn't Saiva Siddhanta deal with dvaita knowledge? I've been interested in Advaita Vedanta for the last 3 years or so, until recently I've realized that it's not for me. I became sick and tired of constantly trying to intellectually impose upon myself ideas that are beyond my current experience and rejecting empirical reality as unreal. Trying to destroy Shiva's Shakti through abstract thinking only left me in a state of devastation and inner whithering. I've realized I feel more comfortable with the agamic/tantric approach, in which the world is considered as real and an integral aspect of the Divine whole, not to be rejected but sublimated. Also a more theistic and mystical approach to spirituality than the mere intellectualism of Advaita Vedanta. Been doing research recently on Veerashaivism, as I was feeling attracted by the shakti-vishishtadvaita philosophy, but realized that Veerashaiva tradition is not only spiritual tradition but also a social reform movement. They also reject the concept of lokas (astral/spiritual dimensions of existence) and are mostly focused on their own way of worship of what they call "ishta-linga" and don't give importance to murti puja, traditional shivling puja and temple worship.
    Now I have a growing interest on Nath Sampradaya, but at present moment I'm not interested in learning advanced yogic practices. I'm mostly interested in learning about Siddha Nath thought, theology, cosmology, metaphysics, philosophical concepts and devotional practices.
    But I don't know where to start, which text deal with such knowledge and where to find them online.

Quote Originally Posted by Ale View Post
    I became sick and tired of constantly trying to intellectually impose upon myself ideas that are beyond my current experience and rejecting empirical reality as unreal. Trying to destroy Shiva's Shakti through abstract thinking only left me in a state of devastation and inner whithering.
    Namaste Ale,
    I can relate to this, as my background brought me to a similar conclusion. Such intellectual imposition is not to be found in Kashmiri Shaivism or the Spanda Doctrine, so if you are looking for something Shaiva related, perhaps that might be a good option for you.

Hello, Did you try the Himalayan academy on the Island of Kauai?

Thread Information