Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering

I wish some discussions on those psychological areas that are connected with the experience of pain, suffering and rejection that will help one to develop a deeper understanding of life processes in spiritual light. How to carry out a healing? By penetrating the complicated connections and dependencies between human behavior, the psyche and early injuries - to differentiate between cause and effect?

Can one who is not a Self realized guru initiate healing? Or does such a person get drowned himsel/herself?

This is to help myself and two very dear friends of mine. Anyone capable of taking this forward?

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by atanu; 27 May 2007 at 11:01 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Re: Pain and Suffering

Namaste, Atanu,

It is my understanding that assimilation of pain, suffering, grief, etc without resistance allows healing without harm to the patient or the healing practicioner.

Everything happens for a reason, Mama says

I have also been told that channeling Godz (in my case, as priestess) allows for some sort of special dispensation - I will gladly take your loved ones' pain into me knowing that the Flow will dissipate and render neutral any poison.

"Fear is the mind-killer" - Dune

PM me if I can help in any way further, please.

ZN
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Znanna View Post
    Namaste, Atanu,

It is my understanding that assimilation of pain, suffering, grief, etc without resistance allows healing without harm to the patient or the healing practicioner.

I have also been told that channeling Godz (in my case, as priestess) allows for some sort of special dispensation - I will gladly take your loved ones' pain into me knowing that the Flow will dissipate and render neutral any poison.

ZN

Namaste ZN,

I will surely pm you. Thanks for your kind gracious offer of help.

Can we also have an open participatory discussion? Who is Dune? Surely fear is the killer. But the truth is that just two days back, I put my face inside water for some time before I gasped and came out feeling the fear of death.

The imagination of the choking breath scares me, though it should be just a short duration before the bird goes flying?

I feel that those who have undergone death experience are wise.

Thanks and Regards
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Namaste, Atanu,

ZN

Namaste ZN,

I will surely pm you. Thanks for your kind gracious offer of help.

Can we also have an open participatory discussion? Who is Dune? Surely fear is the killer. But the truth is that just two days back, I put my face inside water for some time before I gasped and came out feeling the fear of death.

The imagination of the choking breath scares me, though it should be just a short duration before the bird goes flying?

I feel that those who have undergone death experience are wise.

Thanks and Regards

Smile Re: Pain and Suffering

[quote=Atanu Banerjee;12560]I wish some discussions on those psychological areas that are connected with the experience of pain, suffering and rejection that will help one to develop a deeper understanding of life processes in spiritual light. How to carry out a healing? By penetrating the complicated connections and dependencies between human behavior, the psyche and early injuries - to differentiate between cause and effect?

Can one who is not a Self realized guru initiate healing? Or does such a person get drowned himsel/herself?

This is to help myself and two very dear friends of mine. Anyone capable of taking this forward?

Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
    Namaste Atanu Banerjee.

The glance of self realised souls is enough to heal the diseases of men,women and animals also.
    Therefore the ideal resort would be to submit ourselves humbly to the self realised souls.

Dune is a science fiction book.

In the Dune novel, the Bene Gesserit used the following chanted words to reduce their fear.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bene_Gesserit

ZN
    Last edited by Znanna; 28 May 2007 at 08:18 AM. Reason: To add referenced saying in entirety :)
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Dune is a science fiction book.

In the Dune novel, the Bene Gesserit used the following chanted words to reduce their fear.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bene_Gesserit

ZN

Namaste Zn,

Thanks. It seems to me that the world is full of Vedantists and Ramana devotees? hehe. The problem is however, the fear of choking breath. hehe.

I will pm you -- will take some time to arrange my thoughts, which are scattered at 5 places now.

Regards,

Atanu

Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Sivaraman View Post
    ------Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
    Namaste Atanu Banerjee.

The glance of self realised souls is enough to heal the diseases of men,women and animals also.
    Therefore the ideal resort would be to submit ourselves humbly to the self realised souls.

Namaste Arvind,

That's nice. I am trying to make my Guru appreciate that I have a problem. My Guru, though all knowing and all pervasive, says that there is no problem. And that has become the problem.

When I approach Him for solutions to personal problems, He just severes the connection.

Thanks.

Namaste, Atanu,

My respects. What you say here is the highest wisdom.

The same in HEAT and COLD. Same with friends and enemies. The samadrishti. The highest dictate of Shri Krishna in Gita.

What is so easy for you, however does not come easy to all -- I think.

ZN
    Can the priestess do it even when she does not know the people involved? What details are required?

I also know that many Gurus took upon themselves the karma of others and they suffered in their body. This does not make me feel comfortable.

Om Namah Shivaya

Pranam Atanu ji

If you knew Gujrati I would sing this (prabhatiu) morning bhajan

Sukh Dukh manMa nav aniye ghat sathe re ghdiya

Meaning roughly, oh mind do not let happiness and distress affect you for it is in built in this material body.

Infect there is no real happiness in this world, all we perceive as pleasure is mere relief from pain

In Bhagvat Gita Shree Krishna describes this world as Dukhaliyam ashvastha, full of pain and temporary.

Just as sure as the day follows the night the our condition never remain the same, one minute we are happy, sad the next.

Hang in there my friend what ever it is, it will pass, accept every situation as Bhagvat prasad

A few word of comfort and support goes a long way in sharing the pain, what is that saying goes a problem shared is a problem halved.

A guru self realised or otherwise, any way how do we know who is realised? Can surely help but his help would and should always be a permanent solution I think you know this very well.

This does not mean we do nothing to alleviate the present condition we may be suffering if it is at all in our hands.
    If nothing works just put the hands up and submit to the will of god. Prayers are very powerful tools.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Thread Information