Thread: Hurricane Harvey & Zen Centers

Post Hurricane Harvey & Zen Centers

Namaste,

Many here know that I deeply respect Shoryu Bradley & Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery in Arkansas.

Many that know the Zen and or Buddhist scene in general in the Southern United States know that their is a close familiar bond between the locations.

The Austin Zen Center and others have been great supports of Shoryu & Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery.

If you are Tibetan, Soto Zen, or which ever tradition or style of practice please support (even with prayers and good vibes) the Buddhist centers and communities in Texas who are having a very hard time right now.

Thanks everyone.

Re: Hurricane Harvey & Zen Centers

Dear CedarTree

I do not want to provoke … but as far as I know Buddhism does not depend upon belief in (a personal) God and not in a self that is a part of the supreme Self, we call Brahman.

Thus to whom do Buddhists pray?

I have an atheistic girlfriend, she once told me: I do not belief in God, but when it comes down hard I pray …

I believe and trust in Brahman. I believe in karma, but do not believe that it can be changed by prayers. Harvey had a reason otherwise he would not have come. What further will happen depends on the Zen center‘s karma alone.

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Thread Information