Thread: Looking for a Kavach pendant

Looking for a Kavach pendant

Namaste,
    Can anyone recommend a priest or astrologer who is capable of recommending and making a proper kavacha tube pendant for protection from planets? There are a lot of sellers of these online, but difficult to know who to trust. Thank you.
    Last edited by satay; 20 September 2017 at 12:31 PM.

Re: Looking for a Kavach pendant

hariḥ om̐
    ~~~~~~

namasté

For those unfamiliar with this term kavach ( which is kavacaḥ):
    kavacaḥ (कवचः) is armor , a coat of mail . It is for ~protection~. Many consider it an amulet ( see below).
    Yet one needs to be aware that kavacāḥ ( plural form of kavacaḥ) can be a bīja mantra or a full verse/sloka such as the mahāmṛtyuṃjaya mantra.

Another thing I have found over the years that addresses searching’s question: “a proper kavacha tube pendant for protection from planets?”
    Two things to consider:
    1. Nothing goes on within a chart without the blessing/observation/governance of the ātmā kārakaḥ. Now who or what is this?
    See this HDF post that will point it out : http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...adevata-Part-2
    2. Even higher than all these grāhaka (one who seizes or takes captive ) is the lord Supreme.
    One can work with the grahāḥ ( plural form for ~ planets~) , all well and good; yet why not work with Management of all that is?

Regarding your question; I do not know a competent person that would make/sell a kavacaḥ for you.

इतिशिवं
    iti śivaṁ
    Last edited by yajvan; 23 September 2017 at 05:55 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hariḥ om̐
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

from the post above,

1. Even higher than all these grāhaka (one who seizes or takes captive ) is the lord Supreme.
    One can work with the grahāḥ ( plural form for ~ planets~) , all well and good; yet why not work with Management of all that is?
    ... but yajvan, can you give an example of this ? Yes.
    Let's turn to one that is most delightful (to me) from the śrīmad bhāgavatam mahāpurāṇa 6.8.12;
    it offers the nārāyaṇa-kavacaṁ. I add the devanāgarī script for my practice and for those that wish to inspect the śloka.

ॐ हरिर्विदध्यान्मम सर्वरक्षांन्यस्ताङ्घ्रि-पद्मः पतगेन्द्र-पृष्ठे ।
    दरारिचर्मासिगदेषुचापपाशान् दधानो’ष्टगुणो’ष्टबाहुः ॥ १२

oṁ harirvidadhyānmama sarvarakṣāṁ nyastāṅghri-padmaḥ patagendra-pṛṣṭhe |
    darāricarmāsigadeṣucāpapāśān dadhāno’ṣṭaguṇo’ṣṭabāhuḥ || 12

this says, in general,

may Lord hariḥ2 protect me on all sides... (all sides infers north, south, top, bottom, east, west, etc. - yet from every possible corner of life and its actions)

It goes on to say more , yet I will let the reader find this verse in the śrīmad bhāgavatam , book (canto) 6, 8th chapter, 12th verse, to discover the rest of this kavacaṁ.

इतिशिवं
    iti śivaṁ

1. This verse for some reading it in a book may look like the following:
    ॐ हरिर् विदध्यान् मम सर्व-रक्षां
    न्यस्ताङ्घ्रि-पद्मः पतगेन्द्र-पृष्ठे
    दरारि-चर्मासि-गदेषु-चाप-
    पाशान् दधानो ’ष्ट-गुणो ’ष्ट-बाहुः
    oṁ harir vidadhyān mama sarva-rakṣāṁ
    nyastāṅghri-padmaḥ patagendra-pṛṣṭhe
    darāri-carmāsi-gadeṣu-cāpa-
    pāśān dadhāno ’ṣṭa-guṇo ’ṣṭa-bāhuḥ

2. hariḥ - note
    hariḥ in the 1st line looks like this: harir . This is due to the rules of grammar which says when ḥ ( called visarga) is preceded by a vowel ( which it is, the 'i') and the next sound form is a vowel ( other than an 'a') or a soft consonant , which in this case is 'vi' , then this 'ḥ' changes to an 'r'.

Last edited by yajvan; 24 September 2017 at 11:12 AM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste,

I'm sure Yajvan ji has given the guidance that was sought for.

I just wanted to add that I used to wear pendants / yantra like a pendant prepared by jyotishi Alan Theft. His former email used to be jyoteekat@yahoo.com. He is a jeweler who excels in yantra design that can be used as pendant.

As for results, I did not have any troublesome effects while I was wearing the pendant I purchased from him which I wore for a good 3 yrs.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information