Namaste everyone. I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this.

I was looking for some guidance on a matter, and wondering what the Hindu Approach is to dealing with Enemies and Adversaries. For instance, for the christians they follow that christ says to pray and love your enemies. Stoics have an almost similar thought along the lines from Marcus Aurelius words of having compassion for your enemies.

It has me thinking, that no matter how "spiritual" or God-Fearing a person is, Human nature is still Human Nature. Our adversaries pray to the same god we do when we go through our trials and hoping that God/dess will work in their favor. How does one pray when dealing with a trial against an adversary? To have compassion love and understanding? Surely our adversaries dont show the same courtesy in return when dealing with the trial, because of Ego they would do and work in anyway to undermine your life.

What is the correct understanding from a Dharmic perspective for modern day living in how to deal with an Enemy, but still staying true to the principles and teachings in the way God wants us to live? In The bhagavad Gita, Krishna was on the side of Dharm, but aside from him they were all ordinary people set against each other who all probably prayed to the same God anyway. That they would win, that they were right, that they would have triumph against their adversary, and to protect them from their adversary. This dilemma is what i have trouble grasping with both morally and spiritually

I just want to have the right attitude as to what scripture and god advises against such people in difficult times, rather than being being guided to react in Ego and Hatrid.

At the end of the day we are all God's children, God has no bias, God is Fair and Just according to our individual karma's. I understand God's lila but It's difficult to remind oneself of this in the chaos of life, and think God might favor a certain person or side or situation.(surely many people would like to justify thinking so in his name)

Any guidance and experience one can share for some proper perspective?

Is it really possible to have the compassion of a Saint even towards people who dont deserve it or want to inflict harm on you?

Thank you .