Thread: Hello

Hello

Namaste,

Thanks for approving me. I'm a Baha'i but I'm interested in comparitive religion. I'm particularly interested in Shaivism. I look forward to some friendly discussion.

Thanks,
    MM

Re: Hello

Namaste,

Welcome to the forum.
    FYI, there is all kinds of information available on the internet and on this site about every facet of Hinduism. Hope you are able to find what you are looking for.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticMonist View Post
    Namaste,

Thanks for approving me. I'm a Baha'i but I'm interested in comparitive religion. I'm particularly interested in Shaivism. I look forward to some friendly discussion.

Thanks,
    MM
    Welcome!
    Hari On!

Welcome. I am also interested in Shaivism.

Namaste Mystic Monist,

The Traditions of Shiva are vast. If I could make a suggestion it would be a good start to be familiar with shivsahsranam, or thousand names of shiva. Each name will have an attribute to His Being. I will post a simple link but if you don't know sanskrit I would suggest compare a few translations.

Shiva is the Self, if one can understand that then he understands shiva. I would suggest also looking into the shiva purana.

In early Buddhism nirvana was also known as shiva, or blessed and auspicious.

http://www.saivism.net/prayers/sahasranamam.asp

If it's possible try to make a friend in real life who knows shiva within the traditions, and they can explain directly more in detail.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Thread Information