Thread: In jyotish, how do you know if a candidate has done enough pariharas?

In jyotish, how do you know if a candidate has done enough pariharas?

Namaste,

Every time I visit these yahoo groups on Jyotish, I see scores of candidates looking for solution and prediction to their problems and the jyotishis advicing them to recite 10s of 1000s of these mantras.

But they all stop just at that.

Let us say candidate 'x' has really taken these advices to heart, done his homework and performed remedies properly, how would a practitioner of jyotish know that or trust that?

So, does prashna system work better for such candidates?

Also, what is the general view on this forum regarding pariharas (remedial measures excluding gemstones as I do not believe in gemstones).

Many thanks.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: In jyotish, how do you know if a candidate has done enough pariharas?

Just to save space and time, will provide a link to what I wrote some years earlier. My views remain unchanged:

http://www.boloji.com/articles/1076/...edic-astrology

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Namaste Ranjan ji,

Thank you for the reply.

I understand from your article that you do believe in remedies. Of course, your question is very wise, "Of what use is astrology if there is not a room for remedy?".

But, you have not indicated what you do with your clients, when approached casually. For example, we all know that a new job or marriage or anything important awaits relevant dasha/bukthi and also transits. So, let us say, candidate 'x' from the above example had marriage troubles for a number of years... then he vigorously does parihara for 1 full year and comes to you...

How do you consult him?

1. Ask him first if he has done remedies?
    2. If he answers yes, do you cast a prashna kundali to see if his remedies are enough? (Not sure if this is the only way to find out if enough remedies are done, though).

As you can see, I am curious to know how traditionally jyotishis are supposed to approach someone who says he has done pariharas? This knowledge will be helpful for me when approaching jyotishis - do I tell them, "See sir/madam, I have done so many pariharas, and would like to know if they are sufficient?". Is this a valid way to initiate proper guidance from them?

As such, jyotishis start casting your chart and 'predicting' from it, regardless of your pariharas. Do you think this is valid approach?

Thanks.

What you need is a personal teacher, a Guru!

I am sure HDF must have many such?

I never claimed or strove to be one of such...?? ;-)

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

But I have requested this information about pariharas and prashna right in my OP itself... but I thank you anyways! __

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    But I have requested this information about pariharas and prashna right in my OP itself... but I thank you anyways! __
    On the point about teacher etc., me not desiring to be one -- I was just elaborating, since I did give the link about the topic in general. In your SP, I did not get the sense that you were seeking a teacher, but rather just general information. My offering was just a sharing in part. :-)

No, I am not seeking a teacher.

Rather, I am thinking that the best practice a jyotishi should follow is to first assure the client has done some/lot of remedies or not... and venture from there.

Jyotish is not exactly a 'science' to start predicting based on fixed planetary positions always... I believe a chart can 'evolve' much as humans do. It is a dynamic field, open to opportunities...

So what would be the best practice for a practitioner, and also for a querrent?

My response here is not directed to you, but added more for clarification on what I am seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    No, I am not seeking a teacher.

Rather, I am thinking that the best practice a jyotishi should follow is to first assure the client has done some/lot of remedies or not... and venture from there.

Jyotish is not exactly a 'science' to start predicting based on fixed planetary positions always... I believe a chart can 'evolve' much as humans do. It is a dynamic field, open to opportunities...

So what would be the best practice for a practitioner, and also for a querrent?

My response here is not directed to you, but added more for clarification on what I am seeking.

Just to make it more interesting, try to analyze how different folks suggest very different remedies for querries asked on forums! Sometimes even different planets or combinations etc are identified as the explanation of a situation! :-)

Viraja Ji,

Follow the below steps to find out the remedies have been perfectly done by the questioner -

steps
    begin
    1) take a prasna chart of concerned problem from the questioner (e,g, child birth)

2) check
    - if the concerned (eg 5th) lord is seated in fruitful signs with beneficial aspects
    - if benfics are placed in concerned house (eg 5th house)
    - if concerned house is in fruitful signs
    - if concerned house planets are not combusted, or not in retrogression

3) if the answer is 'yes' for all or most of the questions in point-2, then declare that the native has got a good fortune or native has perfectly done the remedies to get their wish fulfilled.

4) if the answer is 'no' for all or most of the questions in point-2, then declare that the native has not got a good fortune or native has not perfectly done the remedies to get their wish fulfilled.

5) if the answer for point-2 repeats with a 'no' every time for at least 4 to 5 years
    then we have to come to a conclusion that either
    - the remedies are not working for native, or,
    - native has not destined to get their wish fulfillment.
    end

Here i have to mention types of signs for guidance for any event -
    Fruitful signs - Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
    Semi-fruitful - Taurus, Libra, Saggi, Cap, Aqua
    Barren signs - Aries, Gemini, Leo, Virgo

Beneficial houses are those which are concerned to the question
    e.g. for moksha, beneficial house is 12th house

I hope this answer is helpful.

Thank You for asking such a good doubt.

Regards
    Luminous

Thread Information