Thread: Mantras for obtain siddhis

Mantras for obtain siddhis

Namaste all.
    In the first verses of the fourth chapter of Yoga-sutra Patanjali says:
    1. The Siddhis (powers) are attained by birth, chemical means, power of words, mortification, or concentration.
    By http://www.yoga-age.com/sutras/pata4.html the commentary of Swami Vivekananda:
    Sometimes a man is born with the Siddhis, powers, of course, those he had earned in his previous incarnation. This time he is born, as it were, to enjoy the fruits of them. It is said of Kapila, the great father of the Sankhya philosophy, that he was a born Siddha, which means literally a man who has attained to success.

The Yogis claim that these powers can be gained by chemical means. All of you know that chemistry originally began as alchemy; men went in search of the philosopher's stone and elixirs of life, and so forth. In India there was a sect called the Rasayanas. Their idea was that ideality, knowledge, spirituality, and religion were all very right, but that the body was the only instrument by which to attain to all these. If the body came to an end every now and again, it would take so much more time to attain to the goal. For instance, a man wants to practice Yoga, or wants to become spiritual. Before he has advanced very far he dies. Then he takes another body and begins again, then dies, and so on. In this way much time will be lost in dying and being born again. If the body could be made strong and perfect, so that it would get rid of birth and death, we should have so much more time to become spiritual. So these Rasayanas say, first make the body very strong. They claim that this body can be made immortal. Their idea is that if the mind manufactures the body, and if it be true that each mind is only one outlet to the infinite energy, there should be no limit to each outlet getting any amount of power from outside. Why is it impossible to keep our bodies all the time? We have to manufacture all the bodies that we ever have. As soon as this body dies, we shall have to manufacture another. If we can do that, why cannot we do it just here and now, without getting out of the present body? The theory is perfectly correct. If it its possible that we live after death, and make other bodies, why is it impossible that we should have the power of making bodies here, without entirely dissolving this body, simply changing it continually? They also thought that in mercury and in sulphur was hidden the most wonderful power, and that by certain preparations of these a man could keep the body as long as he liked. Others believed that certain drugs could bring powers, such as flying through the air. Many of the most wonderful medicines of the present day we owe to the Rasayanas, notably the use of metals in medicine. Certain sects of Yogis claim that many of their principal teachers are still living in their old bodies. Patanjali, the great authority on Yoga, does not deny this.

The power of words. There are certain sacred words called Mantras, which have power, when repeated under proper conditions, produce these extraordinary powers. We are living in the midst of such a mass of miracles, day and night, that we do not think anything of them. There is no limit to man's power, the power of words and the power of mind.

Mortification. You find that in every religion mortification and asceticisms have been practised. In these religious conceptions the Hindus always go to the extremes. You will find men with their hands up all their lives, until their hands wither and die. Men keep standing, day and night, until their feet swell, and if they live, the legs become so stiff in this position that they can no more bend them, but have to stand all their lives. I once saw a man who had kept his hands raised in this way, and I asked him how it felt when he did it first. He said it was awful torture. It was such torture that he had to go to a river and put himself in water, and that allayed the pain for a little while. After a month he did not suffer much. Through such practices powers (Siddhis) can be attained.

Concentration. Concentration is Samadhi, and that is Yoga proper; that is the principal theme of this science, and it is the highest means. The preceding ones are only secondary, and we cannot attain to the highest through them. Samadhi is the means through which we can gain anything and everything, mental, moral, or spiritual.

By birth I haven't any siddhi (occult power).
    I don't know the chimical means to obtain siddhis.
    I don't know mantras to obtain siddhis.
    I can't practice mortification because I need a healthy body to work.And then I would offend Lord Vishnu.Lord Krishna says in Srimad Bhagavad Gita,chapter 17,verses 5-6:
    aśāstra-vihitaḿ ghoraḿ

tapyante ye tapo janāḥ
    dambhāhańkāra-saḿyuktāḥ
    kāma-rāga-balānvitāḥ
    karṣayantaḥ śarīra-sthaḿ
    bhūta-grāmam acetasaḥ
    māḿ caivāntaḥ śarīra-sthaḿ
    tān viddhy āsura-niścayān

Those who undergo severe austerities and penances not recommended in the scriptures, performing them out of pride and egoism, who are impelled by lust and attachment, who are foolish and who torture the material elements of the body as well as the Supersoul dwelling within, are to be known as demons.

About concentration (samadhi)...I will never reach it if I don't conquer prana first.And this is very dangerous.Some yogis eve died during pranayama.

So,for me the only way to obtain siddhis (occult powers) are mantras.

Now,please read the following sutras of third chapter:
    16. By making Samyama on the three sorts of changes comes the knowledge of past and future.
    l7. By making Samyama on word, meaning and knowledge, which are ordinarily confused, comes the knowledge of all animal sounds.
    18. By perceiving the impressions, (comes) the knowledge of past life.
    19. By making Samyama on the signs in another's body, knowledge of his mind comes.
    20. But not its contents, that not being the object of the Samyama.
    21. By making Samyama on the form of the body, the perceptibility of the form being obstructed and the power of manifestation in the eye being separated, the Yogi's body becomes unseen.
    22. By this the disappearance or concealment of words which are being spoken and such other things are also explained.
    23. Karma is of two kinds — soon to be fructified and late to be fructified. By making Samyana on these, or by the signs called Arishta, portents, the Yogis know the exact time of separation from their bodies.
    24. By making Samyama on friendship, mercy, etc.,the Yogi excels in the respective qualities.
    25. By making Samyama on the strength of the elephant and others, their respective strength comes to the Yogi.
    26. By making Samyama on the Effulgent Light, ), comes the knowledge of the fine, the obstructed, and the remote.
    27. By making Samyama on the sun, (comes) the knowledge of the world.

28. On the moon, (comes) the knowledge of the cluster of stars.

29. On the pole-star, (comes) the knowledge of the motions of the stars.

30. On the navel circle, (comes) the knowledge of the constitution of the body.

31. On the hollow of the throat, (comes) cessation of hunger.
    32. On the nerve called Kurma, (comes) fixity of the body.
    33. On the light emanating from the top of the head, sight of the Siddhas.

Siddhas are beings who are a little above ghosts When the Yogi concentrates his mind on the top of his head, he will see these Siddhas. The word Siddha does not refer to those men who have become free — a sense in which it is often used.

34. Or by the power of Pratibha, all knowledge.
    35. In the heart, knowledge of minds.

36. Enjoyment comes from the non-discrimination of the soul and Sattva which are totally different because the latter's actions are for another. Samyama on the self-centred one gives knowledge of the Purusha.
    37. From that arises the knowledge belonging to Pratibha and (supernatural) hearing, touching, seeing, tasting and smelling.

38. These are obstacles to Samadhi; but they are powers in the worldly state.
    39. When the cause of bondage of the Chitta has become loosened, the Yogi, by his knowledge of its channels of activity (the nerves), enters another's body.

40. By conquering the current called Udana the Yogi does not sink in water or in swamps, he can walk on thorns etc., and can, die at will.
    41. By the conquest of the current Samana he is surrounded by a blaze of light.
    42. By making Samyama on the relation between the ear and the Akasha comes divine hearing.
    43. By making Samyama an the relation between the Akasha and the body and becoming light as cotton-wool etc., through meditation on them, the yogi goes through the skies.
    44. By making Samyama on the "real modifications" of the mind, outside of the body, called great disembodiedness, comes disappearance of the covering to light.
    45. By making Samyama on the gross and fine forms of the elements, their essential traits, the inherence of the Gunas in them and on their contributing to the experience of the soul, comes mastery of the elements.
    46. From that comes minuteness and the rest of the powers, "glorification of the body," and indestructibleness of the bodily qualities.
    47. The "glorification of the body" is beauty, complexion, strength, adamantine hardness.
    48. By making Samyama on the objectivity and power of illumination of the organs, on egoism, the inherence of the Gunas in them and on their contributing to the experience of the soul, comes the conquest of the organs.
    49. From that comes to the body the power of rapid movement like the mind, power of the organs independently of the body, and conquest of nature.
    50. By making Samyama on the discrimination between the Sattva and the Purusha come omnipotence and omniscience.
    53. By making Samyama on a particle of time and its precession and succession comes discrimination.
    54. Those things which cannot be differentiated by species, sign, and place, even they will be discriminated by the above Samyama.

Now,I am almost sure that someone will make me note the verse 38:These are obstacles to Samadhi; but they are powers in the worldly state.

As a visistadvaitin,I don't consider the raja-yoga samadhi the way to obtain moksha.I would like to obtain siddhis (occult powers).
    As I earlier said,my only possibility to obtain siddhis are the mantras.
    Please could someone write mantras that I may use in order to obtain siddhis?
    I would really thank and bless him/her!

Regards,
    Orlando.

First decide whether you want money or you want siddhis!

Namaste.
    Dear Singhi Kaya,are the two things incompatible?
    However,thanks to siddhis i would not need money.
    I could live without eat and drink.When I would like to make a pilgrimage,i could go to India just by the power of my mind.

I wait other answers.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

Namaste all.
    Please could someone write mantras that I may use in order to obtain siddhis?
    This questions is very important for me.Please answer.

Regards,
    Orlando.

Namaste all.
    At http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=131 I already wrote the reasons because I wish wealth.
    By http://www.srimadbhagavatam.com/11/15/17/en

nirguṇe brahmaṇi mayi

dhārayan viśadaḿ manaḥ

paramānandam āpnoti

yatra kāmo 'vasīyate

SYNONYMS

nirguṇe — without qualities; brahmaṇi — in Brahman; mayi — in Me; dhārayan — concentrating; viśadam — pure; manaḥ — the mind; parama-ānandam — the greatest happiness; āpnoti — obtains; yatra — wherein; kāmaḥ — desire; avasīyate — is completely fulfilled.

TRANSLATION

One who fixes his pure mind on Me in My manifestation as the impersonal Brahman obtains the greatest happiness, wherein all his desires are completely fulfilled.

PURPORT

Paramānanda, or "the greatest happiness," here indicates the greatest material happiness, since it is clearly stated in Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam that a devotee has no personal desire, or kāma. One who has personal desire is certainly within the material world, and on the material platform the greatest happiness is kāmāvasāyitā-siddhi, or the perfection of completely obtaining anything that one desires.

I desire to became wealthy by winning at lottery.
    Please could someone write the mantra to be recited in order to acquire Paramananda siddhi?

Regards,
    Orlando.

Orlando, there could be mantras like what you want. But i doubt if any of the forum members would know. being a devotee of vishnu, u should not try for lottery or some quick fortune. if you are a real devotee , no matter where you are the lord will be with you. you wont feel that not visiting india is a big handicap. you need to pick up and read the life history of the azhwars and nayanmars to get inspiration. most of the times reading scriptures alone doesnt give you much inroads. it is like studying the formula e=mc2 a single line equation and thinking that is all science is about and trying to become a scientist. but only if you read into the life story of einstein you will know what struggles and inspirations need to become a true scientist.

this is just an analogy. there is no big siddhi mantra. if you want these huge boons, chant ashtakshara mantra. as simple as that. all mantras are like rivers they lead to the same ocean.

Namaste.
    Namo Narayana,you wrote:"if you are a real devotee , no matter where you are the lord will be with you. you wont feel that not visiting india is a big handicap."
    Please note that make pilgrimage in India is just one of the reasons of my wealth desire.
    Because of my job,I have to do with people that make me suffer psicologically.
    Suffering is worse than sensual pleasure to destroy mental peace.
    And about ashtakshara mantra,this mantra can be recited only after a bath and in complete purity.
    I look for a mantra (related to Sriman-Narayana) that can be recited always without rules.What about Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya?
    Dhruva Maharaja pleased Lord Vishnu by reciting Vasudeva mantra and had His darshan.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

Re: Mantras for obtain siddhis

its said reciting the om mantra 125,000 times blesses one with sidhis

Thread Information