Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: This question might have come up in many of us.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    October 2012
    Location
    Bhaarath
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,113
    Rep Power
    1491

    This question might have come up in many of us.

    Namaste,

    This question might have come up in many of us. I am just a beginner in this field, so pardon me if my question is in appropriate.

    I practice Vishitadvaita philosophy (Sri Vaishnavism) and in the process of developing unflinching faith on Sriman Naaraayan. That said, the effects of planets, stars, constellation etc should not disturb me as my faith in Sriman Naaraayan should be unshakable.

    I might be sinner and reaping the fruits of my past misdeeds. Will the effects of planetary position shadow the grace of Sriman Naaraayan? If I trust Sriman Naaraayan and believe he wont let me suffer, should I be still bothered about the auspicious and in auspicious times

    We have read the story Sri Markandeya and Gajendra Moksha etc.

    Panchaang identifies some auspicious and inauspicious timings in a day and suggests kind of actions to be performed in a particular. In a fast paced life, one can not plan a important official work keeping Raaghu Kaal and Yama Gandam in mind. What is the alternative solution in this scenario?

    I find these thoughts mutually exclusive. If I trust that Sriman Naaraayan is with me all the time to protect me from the known and unknown mistakes committed by me, why I should be seeking the help of Astrology.

    Last but not the least, don't see my post in the bad light. I respect Vedic Astrology. But of late, feel that with the help of Sriman Naaraayan grace we can lead a peaceful life no matter what our birth chart has to say.
    Anirudh...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,931
    Rep Power
    2533

    Re: This question might have come up in many of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post

    Panchaang identifies some auspicious and inauspicious timings in a day and suggests kind of actions to be performed in a particular. In a fast paced life, one can not plan a important official work keeping Raaghu Kaal and Yama Gandam in mind. What is the alternative solution in this scenario?

    I find these thoughts mutually exclusive. If I trust that Sriman Naaraayan is with me all the time to protect me from the known and unknown mistakes committed by me, why I should be seeking the help of Astrology.
    Namaste Anirudh ji,

    No, I am not answering your wonderful question. It is truly thought-provoking! I shall wait for the more learned to answer.

    But, in my experience, most astrologers (jyotishis) churn out "bologne". I have lost faith and trust in jyotish as a skill that could be mastered by anyone unless that person is extraordinarily gifted.

    In my experience as an enthusiast of astrology, I have seen so many so-called jyotishis stammer and struggle identifying causes for misfortune in a chart and reasons for sudden reversals of fortune too...

    To me, these days, astrology is only for the week-minded. No use counting on stars or planetary placements or good times or bad times, we should all just do our duty.

    Thanks,

    Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

  3. #3
    Join Date
    January 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    315

    Re: This question might have come up in many of us.

    Anirudh ji,

    Auspicious timings are like a railway time-table.
    Not all trains run on time, do they? But, we need to arrive at the station in time, do we travellers not...?

    Transits and Dashas and the horoscope itself help one get indications as to the train promised in ephemerides is likely to arrive or not...?

    Astrology has been called a discipline/subject that studies tendencies and probabilities. Some folks innocently or otherwise confuse it with the Higher powers that KNR calls Jyotish-mati, others call it the level of Trikalagna, a few notches higher than Daivagna...?

    The interplay of destiny and free-will and the Belief of Bhakti are all interacting and the highest approach (path) is of course of belief in the Divine Principle. Those who have arrived or are striving to be at that state, as your posting suggests you are trying to arrive at, must not spend their time and dhyaana etc on divination, whether jyotish or nimitta or whatever else modalities recommended in some texts.

    For many others, however, the Good God (Divine Principle/Principal) has provided several modalities, since not everyone is at the same level in their current state of evolution of Soul-State...?

    Swami Yukteshwar ji believed in and recommended the utility of Jyotish and remedies (kavach, taaviz, gemstones); his Principle Disciple Paramahansa Yoganand ji, did not appear too much of a believer in that approach. Nor did Swami Vivekananda.

    If opinions and recommendations vary amongst souls as lofty as those three Great Ones, for example, then it must not be a simple decision for most of us folks...?

    Why such impatience to judge before ones time is up and the Examiner is coming around to collect the answer books, if you get my analogy ...? :-)
    _________________
    MA GIVE US eyes to see, and minds to understand what the eyes see, and hearts beating in unison to keep the eyes and minds alive and ALL OF US engaged in serving YOU FOREVER.

    A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    October 2012
    Location
    Bhaarath
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,113
    Rep Power
    1491

    Re: This question might have come up in many of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Anirudh ji,

    Auspicious timings are like a railway time-table.
    Not all trains run on time, do they? But, we need to arrive at the station in time, do we travellers not...?

    Transits and Dashas and the horoscope itself help one get indications as to the train promised in ephemerides is likely to arrive or not...?

    Astrology has been called a discipline/subject that studies tendencies and probabilities. Some folks innocently or otherwise confuse it with the Higher powers that KNR calls Jyotish-mati, others call it the level of Trikalagna, a few notches higher than Daivagna...?

    The interplay of destiny and free-will and the Belief of Bhakti are all interacting and the highest approach (path) is of course of belief in the Divine Principle. Those who have arrived or are striving to be at that state, as your posting suggests you are trying to arrive at, must not spend their time and dhyaana etc on divination, whether jyotish or nimitta or whatever else modalities recommended in some texts.

    For many others, however, the Good God (Divine Principle/Principal) has provided several modalities, since not everyone is at the same level in their current state of evolution of Soul-State...?

    Swami Yukteshwar ji believed in and recommended the utility of Jyotish and remedies (kavach, taaviz, gemstones); his Principle Disciple Paramahansa Yoganand ji, did not appear too much of a believer in that approach. Nor did Swami Vivekananda.

    If opinions and recommendations vary amongst souls as lofty as those three Great Ones, for example, then it must not be a simple decision for most of us folks...?

    Why such impatience to judge before ones time is up and the Examiner is coming around to collect the answer books, if you get my analogy ...? :-)
    Namaste Rohiniranjan

    Thanks for your input. Rainy days brought me closer to astrology. Inconsistency (probably perceived) in train schedule pushed me more towards to Sriman Naaraayan. Doesn't posses the wisdom to define Truth, yet we all understand it. Simple words "Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu" with true faith did take me to home, when all roads were visibly closed. Not impatient, but a tiny thought that energy spent on finding out the favorable time could have been better utilized. Again not demeaning the science behind. As many variables are not in control most of the times, (because of my limited understanding) why not leave it to Him.

    Ideal route in an unavoidable situation is to start the meeting even if it falls in Raaghu Kaalam. If it succeeds, praise Sriman Naaraayan. If it fails, guilt of Raaghu Kaalam should not linger in our thoughts. But in those avoidable situation are we missing the bus?
    Anirudh...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    January 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    315

    Re: This question might have come up in many of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste Rohiniranjan

    Thanks for your input. Rainy days brought me closer to astrology. Inconsistency (probably perceived) in train schedule pushed me more towards to Sriman Naaraayan. Doesn't posses the wisdom to define Truth, yet we all understand it. Simple words "Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu" with true faith did take me to home, when all roads were visibly closed. Not impatient, but a tiny thought that energy spent on finding out the favorable time could have been better utilized. Again not demeaning the science behind. As many variables are not in control most of the times, (because of my limited understanding) why not leave it to Him.

    Ideal route in an unavoidable situation is to start the meeting even if it falls in Raaghu Kaalam. If it succeeds, praise Sriman Naaraayan. If it fails, guilt of Raaghu Kaalam should not linger in our thoughts. But in those avoidable situation are we missing the bus?
    Namashkaaram jee,

    RAHU-KAALAM, by the way is very *direction and region-specific usage...*

    Just because one runs into trouble at a given moment, would it be wise to blame the watch or clock that is showing the TIME?

    Planets in astrological framework are just similar pointers and not causing the problems and must not be blamed!

    And, yes DIVINITY alone holds the key to SALVATION...!

    You are on a path that is WISE!
    _________________
    MA GIVE US eyes to see, and minds to understand what the eyes see, and hearts beating in unison to keep the eyes and minds alive and ALL OF US engaged in serving YOU FOREVER.

    A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    October 2012
    Location
    Bhaarath
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,113
    Rep Power
    1491

    Re: This question might have come up in many of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Namashkaaram jee,

    RAHU-KAALAM, by the way is very *direction and region-specific usage...*

    Just because one runs into trouble at a given moment, would it be wise to blame the watch or clock that is showing the TIME?

    Planets in astrological framework are just similar pointers and not causing the problems and must not be blamed!

    And, yes DIVINITY alone holds the key to SALVATION...!

    You are on a path that is WISE!

    Namaste Rohiniranjan ji

    Thanks for taking time to reply.

    I am bit confused now, may be I did not get the metaphor. Is Jyotish a mere clock? Like rain brings along with it prosperity and as well as flood, aren't these pointers associated with a specific set of attributes?

    There is a Himalayan difference between 3'o clock and 3 p.m. Although sounds trivial, imagine the resources required to create the effects of 3 pm at 3am. But Sriman Naaraayan did that without even raising a finger (Jayathradh Vadh).

    All navami are not Raama navami and all ashtami are not janmaashtami. But, for a fully evolved person every moment is a Raama Navami as well as Janmaashtami. Hope you can understand inner turmoil.

    Thanks again for your inputs.
    Anirudh...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    January 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    315

    Re: This question might have come up in many of us.

    Anirudh ji,

    No need to be confused. God made the creation and its inclusions such as time and space. The Creator also made Clock (mundane, cosmic, cyclical, linear ... all kinds including astrology).

    So, little wonder that the Creator is outside the creation and is not a part of it. Hence, The Divine understandably can change the operation of the creation.

    Just like an artist or sculptor, can alter the painting or sculpture that is created by Him/Her.
    _________________
    MA GIVE US eyes to see, and minds to understand what the eyes see, and hearts beating in unison to keep the eyes and minds alive and ALL OF US engaged in serving YOU FOREVER.

    A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    October 2012
    Location
    Bhaarath
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,113
    Rep Power
    1491

    Re: This question might have come up in many of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Anirudh ji,

    No need to be confused. God made the creation and its inclusions such as time and space. The Creator also made Clock (mundane, cosmic, cyclical, linear ... all kinds including astrology).

    So, little wonder that the Creator is outside the creation and is not a part of it. Hence, The Divine understandably can change the operation of the creation.

    Just like an artist or sculptor, can alter the painting or sculpture that is created by Him/Her.
    Namaste Rohiniranjan ji

    Thanks for those meaningful statements.
    Anirudh...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question
    By veena in forum Temples (Mandir)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17 December 2013, 08:54 AM
  2. Question
    By Vitani in forum Meditation
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 13 June 2012, 08:38 AM
  3. A question
    By Nachiketa in forum Vaishnava
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05 December 2010, 06:39 PM
  4. I got a question
    By Sagefrakrobatik in forum Canteen
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26 July 2008, 10:30 PM
  5. Question the Mod here
    By Namo Narayana in forum Feedback
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13 April 2006, 12:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •