Thread: Harmonics...?

Harmonics...?

I wrote...

30 (first harmonic = Sign = 30 degrees) can be divided many ways.

30/2 = 15 = 2nd; 15/2 = 7.5 = 3rd; 7.5/2 = 3.25 = 4th harmonic -- almost D9...?

30/3 = 10 = 2nd; 10/3 = 3.33... = 3rd -- almost exactly navamsha the D9 in Jyotish?

30/4 = 7.5 = 2nd; 7.5/4 = 1.875 -- missed the navamsha...?

30/9 = 3.333 = 2nd ...? Navamsha!

It is interesting that when the divisor is either 3 or 9, the 3rd or 2nd harmonic end up being the navamsha that modern (western) astros insist on labelling as the 9th harmonic?

Are these Indian (jyotish?) varga charts == the amshas really "harmonics" when in the areas assigned to these we generally see discord and cacophony rather than symphony? At least on jyotish sites that rely on readings etc...?

Why the 2nd or 3rd, though...? From the jyotish point of view and perspective...?

(If 360 is the fundamental as no one shall deny, hopefully, then 30 is the first harmonic, and again D9 (3d20m) gets missed...?)

These concepts of harmonics etc are by-products of *wise* folks who denied the reality of ZERO and tried to fit astrology into some musical scale and missed the POINT...?

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Re: Harmonics...?

Seems nice and interesting, but without knowing the basics of how divisional charts are arrived at, not many folks (including myself) can understand the details.

I'm curious if these days jyotish learners really learn as much calculation...

I was just thinking the other day, how Jyotish is such a vast science... I know everyone knows this info, but what I'm trying to say, is not limited to just learning the shastra, but in addition, one has to be well grounded in calculations, and have a strong knowledge on how other industries work (general knowledge) and so forth.

Daunting, to say the least...!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Harmonics...?

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Seems nice and interesting, but without knowing the basics of how divisional charts are arrived at, not many folks (including myself) can understand the details.

I'm curious if these days jyotish learners really learn as much calculation...

I was just thinking the other day, how Jyotish is such a vast science... I know everyone knows this info, but what I'm trying to say, is not limited to just learning the shastra, but in addition, one has to be well grounded in calculations, and have a strong knowledge on how other industries work (general knowledge) and so forth.

Daunting, to say the least...!

I hope you meant, "WHY" and not 'how'! :-)

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Thread Information