Thread: Sri Dharma Pravartaka Acharya

Sri Dharma Pravartaka Acharya

Namaste!

I am not sure where to put this question, soI thought maybe it's best to put it here, since the subject is a person who is promoting Sanatana Dharma in the US. I have been listening lectures of Sri Dharma Pravartaka Acharya for some time now. I am fascinated with his explanations and knowledge, but I also find some theories pretty radical. I myself am following lineage he comes from.
    Has anyone come across his lectures and what do you think? Some things he's saying are pretty revolutionary and hardly exposed by other acharyas.
    As a seeker of Truth, I'm very cautious and would like to get a broader vision on this also.

Re: Sri Dharma Pravartaka Acharya

Namaste Ametyst,

I have had some interaction with DPA, he did some videos on vedanta and buddhism and made some connections and I had a brief exchange with him a few times on facebook a few years back. He seems ok, he aligns himself with quite a few dharma traditions and brings them into one teaching. At a guess I would say he had some connection with srila prabhupadan but is not directly connected to him, he does make a synthesis with some of those teaching.

I'm not sure what you mean by revolutionary, you may need to give some examples.

By asking others you may get diverse opinions, so it might be better to just look at his teachings.

I haven't gone indepth to much into what he says but what he does seems ok for the American or more modern audiences that want to be more familiar with sanatana dharma as a whole.

Thread Information