Thread: hare krishna mahamantra and chanting on beads

Threaded View

hare krishna mahamantra and chanting on beads

pranam

Organisations under the umbrella of gaudiya math and mission ( iskcon etc) preaches that chaitanya mahaprabhu recommends chanting of hare krishna mahamantra which originates in kali santaran upanishad but I would like to bring attention to "sri chaitanya charitamrita" one of the greatest granths of vaishnab dharma in the line of chaitanya mahaprabhu, in no where it is mentioned that mahaprabhu ever chanted hare krishna mahamantra. actually mahaprabhu never chanted any mantra but of course he used to do sankartin with " hari haraye namah krishna yadavaya namah" and " krishna kesaba krishna kesaba krishna kesaba trahi mam". interestlngly, mahaprabhu never taught chanting of any kind but he taught sankirtan. chanting and sankirtan are not same process. why such an important teaching of chaitanya mahaprabhu according to iskcon is missing in such an important grantha of vaishanabas pertaining to mahaprabhu. can any one explain this point

Next, iskcon preaches that mala jopa or chanting on tulsi beads is an important teaching of mahaprabhu but surprisingly in chaitanya charitamrita, no where it is mentioned that mahaprabhu ever chanted on beads but of course he used do sankirtan . probably in no granthas relating to chatanya mahaprabhu, it is mentioned that mahaprabhu chanted on beads. I just want to know who first introduced chanting on beads in vaishnab dharma in the line of chaitanya mahaprabhu. praram. can any one enlighten me in the above facts.
    Last edited by jopmala; 05 June 2018 at 03:06 AM.

Thread Information