Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help to my questions as to why do i feel the need to listen to Shiva mantras

1. I need help to my questions as to why do i feel the need to listen to Shiva mantras

Hi and hello all, (Edited: added greeting, also i would like to sincerely apologize for not having done that in the first place)

I need help to my questions as to why do i feel the need to listen to Shiva mantras, if i am also wrong, unintentionally insulting or otherwise something negative is perceived, id like to apologize in advance, here is my story, as a child , more like a baby, i was baptized, roman catholic, or something like that, not sure tbh, my parents are more or less christians or some sort of version of those believers, you would think i would be familiar with it, but im not, since i was never interested in religion or in anything like that and have pretty early in my childhood dismissed the idea of "God" especially that form of christianity it was around the age of 6, it just didnt make sense to me, and still doesnt, as a child my parents brought me a few times to a church i dont recall the reasons well but it was some sort of holiday, never mind that, the thing is everytime when i entered a church (christian) i felt very strange and confused and had some sort of feeling of fear upon me, it hapend also later in my life even when i went on excursions with the school, even being near one makes me feel just wiered.
    that said, i have been to several budha, shinto, and some other asian tempels, again forgive me if im using the wrong terms im really not religious and have no idea how to describes those things correctly, altough being at those places did not have any feeling or effect on me, not like the places of churches. now my whole reasoning why i was eager to get here is because i seek help.

Recently i have some unexplainable pull towards Shiva, i am not even sure how to explain it, i know it sounds strange, also maybe it is not strange but a common thing i really dont know, well i started about 3-4 weaks ago to check things about the human brain and things like about the councious mind and did read several things regarding the "God helmet" and other things regarding frequencies and sounds and also did read things regarding quantum physics and serveral things regarding our reality by Donald Hoffman, somehow going trough the youtube videos i came across one where he was together talking with Sadhguru "Jaggi Vasudev" regarding this subject. and one thing led to another and somehow i started to watch his videos and after that i decided to look into Shiva
    and since that moment something has happened to me that i can not explain or maybe somebody knows what is happening to me i really dont know, i keep listening now very frequently to "mantras" about Shiva or dedicated to Shiva i am not sure if im explaining this correct or saying it correct, excuse me if thats the case, but anyway i feel the need to keep listening to those "
    Om Namah Shivaya" videos that exist on youtube and i recite/repeat/say along those silently or completly in my mind while i listen to that, and while im doing this tears begin to fall, the thing is i am not thinking about anything in those moments but only say the words, and i am getting very emotional and can not even explain which sort of feeling it is, i do not know if it is sorrow, happiness, or sadness, but i am sure that it is definitely not anger. Please help me i do not know what to do. i might need guidance or im not even sure what i need. i do not speak either Indian nor Sanskrit neither i can read it but i somehow feel the words when they are said but i dont know whats going on.

Thank you everybody for the reply's if any.
    Last edited by iaminsignificant; 12 July 2018 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Hi and hello all, (Edited: added greeting, also i would like to sincerely apologize for not having done that in first place

Re: I need help to my questions as to why do i feel the need to listen to Shiva mantr

Namaste iaminsignificant,

why ask for a why? Why not just enjoy? Let it flow.

I once met a priest who said: ‚To get in touch with Hinduism is a grace.‘

The Shiva devotee Vema says in his Satakam - When one is not able to control one's birth or death, is it not foolish to think that in between, one feels himself responsible.

Read about Shiva and get closer to Him
    https://shaivam.org
    https://www.himalayanacademy.com

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

3. Re: I need help to my questions as to why do i feel the need to listen to Shiva mantr

Hi and thank you for the reply

i mean my problem is i have no idea what i am doing i do not know why i am doing it and i certainly do not speak the language, hence my question was meant to mean, what should i do from this point on?

thank you in advance
    Last edited by iaminsignificant; 12 July 2018 at 01:49 PM. Reason: (Edited: added greeting, also i would like to sincerely apologize for not having done that in the first pla

Re: I need help to my questions as to why do i feel the need to listen to Shiva mantr

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by iaminsignificant View Post
    i do not know if it is sorrow, happiness, or sadness, but i am sure that it is definitely not anger.

All of them!
    Sorrow, it took me so long to be where I want to be at
    Happiness, I am finally there
    Sadness, how little time I have left to enjoy being in this awareness.

And how could there be any anger when you are in union with the Divine?

Please stop thinking, just be in the moment, enjoy the rapture as long as it lasts.
    Oh, that ecstasy, it is not for everyone to experience; it could be fleeting.

Pranam.

Namaste iaminsignificant

Your last post made me speechless.
    First - it is an act of courtesy to start a conversation with a salutation.
    Second - you got two answers, a spiritual one from Believer, a practical one from me. Both contain one word ‚enjoy‘.
    Nobody knows what's just going on in your life and why Shiva came into your life.

I am writing again because I am also a born Christian from Europe and I know how difficult it is to find the way through the vast jungle we call Hinduism. Anyhow - there is no cookbook available for the spiritual path, but you will be guided if you allow a higher force to do so. I found my way through reading that’s why I sent the links to read about Shiva. Himalayan Academy provides all a Westerner needs - dancing with Shiva, living with Shiva, merging with Shiva is the path. I started with the Master Course, that gave me the basics.
    https://www.himalayanacademy.com/livespiritually/become-student/mc-options

If you like Shiva Mantras, repeat them, this is called japa.
    http://www.dlshq.org/teachings/japayoga.htm

With ‚language‘ I think you mean Sanskrit. There is a Satya Sai Group in your country. They are very well versed with singing and proper pronounciation of Sanskrit. Otherwise youtube is helpful – the basic mantras are quite easy. Devotion is more important than perfection.

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

6. Re: I need help to my questions as to why do i feel the need to listen to Shiva mantr

Hi,

my apologies if you were offended by me, that was not my intent, for the "First - it is an act of courtesy to start a conversation with a salutation." i did not see myself using any of the greeting forms and thought it would be pretentious and naive of me to use any Hindi or Sanskrit greeting since i am neither and would make me feel like some tourist and believe me in some ways disrespectful and it felt just wrong to me personally for that reason, and while my mind wandered trough those thoughts while i posted because i was and still am deep in thoughts, i even forgot to say hi and thx, please everyone accept my sincerest apologies.
    As for "Second - you got two answers, a spiritual one from Believer, a practical one from me. Both contain one word ‚enjoy‘." please keep in mind i am new to this forum and although i replied within hrs of the posts, my posts are restricted atm and require to be approved before they will be posted. there was no disrespect meant in any kind of way to anyone and ofc still the same applies. i am reading many things and watching some videos and trying to gather information in all manners that i can and i was not sure if my question was correctly understood that is the reason for the 2nd post reply.

thank you very much for the links and replies and efforts you all made to reply.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Indialover View Post
    Namaste iaminsignificant

Your last post made me speechless.
    First - it is an act of courtesy to start a conversation with a salutation.
    Second - you got two answers, a spiritual one from Believer, a practical one from me. Both contain one word ‚enjoy‘.
    Nobody knows what's just going on in your life and why Shiva came into your life.

I am writing again because I am also a born Christian from Europe and I know how difficult it is to find the way through the vast jungle we call Hinduism. Anyhow - there is no cookbook available for the spiritual path, but you will be guided if you allow a higher force to do so. I found my way through reading that’s why I sent the links to read about Shiva. Himalayan Academy provides all a Westerner needs - dancing with Shiva, living with Shiva, merging with Shiva is the path. I started with the Master Course, that gave me the basics.
    https://www.himalayanacademy.com/livespiritually/become-student/mc-options

If you like Shiva Mantras, repeat them, this is called japa.
    http://www.dlshq.org/teachings/japayoga.htm

With ‚language‘ I think you mean Sanskrit. There is a Satya Sai Group in your country. They are very well versed with singing and proper pronounciation of Sanskrit. Otherwise youtube is helpful – the basic mantras are quite easy. Devotion is more important than perfection.

Pranam

Namaste significant,
    It is in fact one of the rules of the forum to reply to posts with a greeting. It does not have to be a hindu or indian greeting but when we start a post with a greeting it sets the tone for the rest of the post for the reader.

Take it easy and as others have said enjoy the flow. This 'rushing’ is somewhat of a foreign thing to many practioners. In the bigger scheme of things the dharma chakra keeps going on and on in a circle and so do we along with it so take your time and be patient.
    satay

8. Re: I need help to my questions as to why do i feel the need to listen to Shiva mantr

Hi and thank you for letting me know.

i would like to sincerely apologize for not having done that in the first place i have edited my previous posts and added greetings to them.
    thank you very much for the input and information, i keep reading up and trying to understand what is happening to me and to see what i can do with it or how i can utilize it, yes i do let it "flow" although i have read also about kundalini and i am wondering if my experience is going towards that, and fear that as i read and saw in video explanations on for example youtube that it could go wrong in some cases, so i do wonder also if there is a way to know if it can go wrong or not. im guessing this more likely what i am asking about probably subconsciously in my first post, which i now realize. i would also like to make clear i am not doing this with the intent to"awake" kundalini but as i stated in the first post, i do not know why i feel, one could say extreme magnetic pull, towards shiva.

thank you very much
    for all the help and info

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste significant,
    It is in fact one of the rules of the forum to reply to posts with a greeting. It does not have to be a hindu or indian greeting but when we start a post with a greeting it sets the tone for the rest of the post for the reader.

Take it easy and as others have said enjoy the flow. This 'rushing’ is somewhat of a foreign thing to many practioners. In the bigger scheme of things the dharma chakra keeps going on and on in a circle and so do we along with it so take your time and be patient.

Namaste iis,

First of all, your pseudo name taken on this forum doesn't resonate well with teachings of Hindu Dharma. You are not insignificant ? Who told you that you were insignificant ? If you can recognize yourself, you would know beyond all doubts that you are none but Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent Shiva, the Brahman ! If you are insignificant, the Truth, the Reality all becomes insignificant ! ... and what is the harm ? The harm is that you would "become" what you think you are. Why ? Because you are Omnipotent and your Will is not insignificant Will ... It is always the Will of God and therefore you must have a thought, a very convincing thought that you are none but Brahman ... none but Shiva Himself ! "Shivoham, Shivoham" (I am Shiva ! I am Shiva !) ... but perhaps, I am going too fast for your stage. So, not any further for now but have a strong and more positive thought about yourself and this is very important. This is a marked difference from what the Abrahimic religions teach you : You are sinner ! You need some one like Jesus to redeem you .... etc. I am not saying that that is all wrong but if you have chosen Hindu Dharma .... take this positive path. Believe me, it is much better and the direct one.

After reading your post I can say that you have found the right path. Shiva is calling you. You are blessed. It is so simple calling Shiva to your heart and mind ! Do you know that Shiva is so childlike innocent and simple ... He melts so easily at your pains ... He is Maheshwara ... the greatest Lord of all ! The whole creation is nothing but great dance of Shiva ! So, consider yourself lucky that Shiva Himself calling you.

Why is it happening to you ? I will tell you. Nothing happens to us without a reason in our life. The society you are born within, the parents that you get, the friends that you meet, the spouse that you meet ... etc. nothing is by chance here. It is all decided by the Laws of Karma and Grace of God/Guru. This life to you has not come out of the blue at your birth and would not vanish in thin air when you die. It is an infinite continuum. You have been taking births after births and meeting deaths after deaths for an Infinite period. So, Shiva's calling you is because of your own Karma. I strongly feel that you might have been an ardent devotee of Shiva in your previous birth. That samskaar (Impressions of the Karma) must have been very strong to pull you again towards the bhakti of Shiva. So, take a jump and merge yourself in Shiva. Become One with Shiva !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

I have similar experience as I was researching Vishnu but suddenly felt a strong calling from Shiva and i go from there. Not really sure where its leading me but I chant his name often.

Thread Information