Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help to my questions as to why do i feel the need to listen to Shiva mantras

1. Re: I need help to my questions as to why do i feel the need to listen to Shiva mantr

Hi and thank you very much for this encouraging reply.

I also have build up a courage to talk to my parents regarding this, full disclosure: according to them we have Rom/Roma/Sinti descendants and they did not seem surprised much because according to them our ancestors, interestingly both sides, father and mothers, something i have never been told by my parents, like 4 to 7 generations before and apparently all the previous generations as well were as mentioned above Rom/Roma/Sinti and they believed in Shiva but due to European misunderstanding and them believing the Rom/Roma/Sinti to be devil worshipers, they have stopped that because of persecutions and adapted Christianity over time which sadly did not help much but Rom/Roma/Sinti (Degeratory term >Gypsy) <that is the reason why i didnt use it but need to, i realized to make it clear which ppl im talking about. Because they have been hunted down over the millennia and generations all across Europe and been Killed in masses with the aim to eliminate them in World War 2, sorry for the long explanation and didnt mean to sound negative, but wanted to explain where apparently it appears that i come from according to my parents i seem to come from. This is a mystery on itself which appears to have revealed itself to me which makes me feel extremely strange like something has intervened in my life. I would have never on my own ever thought of my ancestors as being Rom/Roma/Sinti. According to my parents that is all that they know about our ancestors. I feel like some sort of beacon has activated in myself. it is in some sort a wonderful feeling in someways liberating and at the same time somehow i feel sad...

thank you very much and appreciate all the input or information anyone is willing to add

P.S.: regarding my name on the forum here, that is how i felt my whole life, but something is changing inside me in the past weeks

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste iis,

First of all, your pseudo name taken on this forum doesn't resonate well with teachings of Hindu Dharma. You are not insignificant ? Who told you that you were insignificant ? If you can recognize yourself, you would know beyond all doubts that you are none but Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent Shiva, the Brahman ! If you are insignificant, the Truth, the Reality all becomes insignificant ! ... and what is the harm ? The harm is that you would "become" what you think you are. Why ? Because you are Omnipotent and your Will is not insignificant Will ... It is always the Will of God and therefore you must have a thought, a very convincing thought that you are none but Brahman ... none but Shiva Himself ! "Shivoham, Shivoham" (I am Shiva ! I am Shiva !) ... but perhaps, I am going too fast for your stage. So, not any further for now but have a strong and more positive thought about yourself and this is very important. This is a marked difference from what the Abrahimic religions teach you : You are sinner ! You need some one like Jesus to redeem you .... etc. I am not saying that that is all wrong but if you have chosen Hindu Dharma .... take this positive path. Believe me, it is much better and the direct one.

After reading your post I can say that you have found the right path. Shiva is calling you. You are blessed. It is so simple calling Shiva to your heart and mind ! Do you know that Shiva is so childlike innocent and simple ... He melts so easily at your pains ... He is Maheshwara ... the greatest Lord of all ! The whole creation is nothing but great dance of Shiva ! So, consider yourself lucky that Shiva Himself calling you.

Why is it happening to you ? I will tell you. Nothing happens to us without a reason in our life. The society you are born within, the parents that you get, the friends that you meet, the spouse that you meet ... etc. nothing is by chance here. It is all decided by the Laws of Karma and Grace of God/Guru. This life to you has not come out of the blue at your birth and would not vanish in thin air when you die. It is an infinite continuum. You have been taking births after births and meeting deaths after deaths for an Infinite period. So, Shiva's calling you is because of your own Karma. I strongly feel that you might have been an ardent devotee of Shiva in your previous birth. That samskaar (Impressions of the Karma) must have been very strong to pull you again towards the bhakti of Shiva. So, take a jump and merge yourself in Shiva. Become One with Shiva !

OM
    Last edited by iaminsignificant; 18 July 2018 at 04:21 AM. Reason: added the P.S. note

Re: I need help to my questions as to why do i feel the need to listen to Shiva mantr

Namaste Significant,

Go ahead ! Everything will change for better if you just change your thoughts. Our thoughts are very powerful. This is what VedAnta in Hindu Dharma teaches us. There is Shiva in each one of us. The only need is to recognise Him within us. We have highly reputed Shiva Bhaktas on this forum. Eastern Mind and Yajvan can help you.

OM

Quote Originally Posted by iaminsignificant View Post
    Hi and thank you very much for this encouraging reply.

I also have build up a courage to talk to my parents regarding this, full disclosure: according to them we have Rom/Roma/Sinti descendants and they did not seem surprised much because according to them our ancestors, interestingly both sides, father and mothers, something i have never been told by my parents, like 4 to 7 generations before and apparently all the previous generations as well were as mentioned above Rom/Roma/Sinti and they believed in Shiva but due to European misunderstanding and them believing the Rom/Roma/Sinti to be devil worshipers, they have stopped that because of persecutions and adapted Christianity over time which sadly did not help much but Rom/Roma/Sinti (Degeratory term >Gypsy) <that is the reason why i didnt use it but need to, i realized to make it clear which ppl im talking about. Because they have been hunted down over the millennia and generations all across Europe and been Killed in masses with the aim to eliminate them in World War 2, sorry for the long explanation and didnt mean to sound negative, but wanted to explain where apparently it appears that i come from according to my parents i seem to come from. This is a mystery on itself which appears to have revealed itself to me which makes me feel extremely strange like something has intervened in my life. I would have never on my own ever thought of my ancestors as being Rom/Roma/Sinti. According to my parents that is all that they know about our ancestors. I feel like some sort of beacon has activated in myself. it is in some sort a wonderful feeling in someways liberating and at the same time somehow i feel sad...

thank you very much and appreciate all the input or information anyone is willing to add

P.S.: regarding my name on the forum here, that is how i felt my whole life, but something is changing inside me in the past weeks
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Re: I need help to my questions as to why do i feel the need to listen to Shiva mantr

Namaste Significant,

Namaste Significant Ji,

Ji is a word that gives the higest respect to someone and Namaste means that the divinity in me is recognizing the same divinity to the person or persons being addressed

So dont feel awkward in saying it, ultimately its your choice but it wont be a problem to show some confidence by saying it.

I am a westener by the way and Born in England

I have no problem to use any of the greetings or ways to to communicate, I often use Jai siya Ram, jay sri ram, hare krsna, jai guru datta, harahara mahadeva, om namah shivaya. Even when I go shopping or at any given situation or even stopping strangers in the street to tell them they are divine spark or their essence is divine, its what people need to hear and usually i get good response, if others judge doesnt matter, if we find this path of sanatana dharma it something to be joyful about and thta joy is ever fresh and ever increasing, it picks us up when nothing else can.

TEXT 2
    raja-vidya raja-guhyam
    pavitram idam uttamam
    pratyaksavagamam dharmyam
    su-sukham kartum avyayam

SYNONYMS
    raja-vidya—the king of education; raja-guhyam—the king of confidential knowledge; pavitram—the purest; idam—this; uttamam—transcendental; pratyaksa—directly experienced; avagamam—understood; dharmyam—the principle of truth; susukham—very happy; kartum—to execute; avyayam—everlasting.
    TRANSLATION
    This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the Self by realization, it is the perfection of Truth. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

Be happy, try be positive and enliven yourself, its hard sometimes and I have had lots of adversity against me but why give up the solution to all problems and ills in this world. We are all one family one interconnected being.

Chapter 10: The Opulence of the Absolute

TEXT 9
    mac-citta mad-gata-prana
    bodhayantah parasparam
    kathayantas ca mam nityam
    tusyanti ca ramanti ca

SYNONYMS
    mat-cittah—minds fully engaged in Me; mat-gata-pranah—lives devoted to the service of Krsna; bodhayantah—
    enlightening (with divine knowledge); parasparam—among themselves; kathayantah ca—talking also; mam—about Me; nityam—perpetually; tusyanti—are pleased; ca—also; ramanti—enjoy transcendental bliss; ca—also.
    TRANSLATION
    The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are surrendered to Me, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss enlightening one another and conversing about Me.

Life is not easy and has many challenges but this is the solution to see the divinity in ourself and everything around us, and even if we get slight glimpse into this what a blessing it is, it gets us up early in the morning and when we rest at night we look forward to the next day, even if life throws the most severe challenges at us, even if we feel insignificant this spirit cant be dampened

nainaḿ chindanti śastrāṇi
    nainaḿ dahati pāvakaḥ
    na cainaḿ kledayanty āpo
    na śoṣayati mārutaḥ
    Translation of Bhagavad Gita 2.23

The divine spark can never be cut to pieces by any weapon, nor burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind.

We learn to take refuge in this, and then celebrate, even if nobody else joins in with us it doesnt matter.

We have a great chance to free our minds and hearts from all the problems, thats something we should try to grab with both hands and share this as far as possible, it cant contained, it will find a way out and not only liberate us but all around us.

I was part of the Hare Krsna group years ago and still have some contact every now and again and it hurts and pains me when some devotees consider them selves worthless and fallen, its not seeing whats been given to us.

Hare Krsna, hare ram, jai sri radhe shyam

om namah shivaya
    jai guru datta

be happy be inspired feel blessed enjoy good sangha, smile everyday even if no body wants to smile with you.

There is enough in this world of competition of people trying to make themselves superior at the cost of others.

Pranam

Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 18 July 2018 at 02:05 PM.

Namastre Significant Ji,

Because they have been hunted down over the millennia and generations all across Europe and been Killed in masses with the aim to eliminate them in World War 2, Rom/Roma/Sinti to be devil worshipers, they have stopped that because of persecutions and adapted Christianity over time which sadly did not help much
    They are still doing the same hunting today, they just have different methods to destroy naturally spirituality, they may not kill people directly, just dumb people down, get them addicted to sensual world, which then causes all sorts of problems.

There is quite a bit of information around that Roma's originated from India, Pujab region, if you can find out more please share. If something has opened in you then somethings will come in other ways of communication, who knows whats stored in our memory, gene pool and DNA, i am quite sure that when we adopt certain practices some of those memories will become part of intuitive reflection in our deeper Psyche. I have my own intuitions and I have traced part of my Gene pool through meditations back to the Druids.

I have never really read the Bible, not that i am overly averse to it, I have tried a couple of times to look for some esoteric things in there which there are, i just couldn't understand and I just didnt connect but a few things over the times have been pointed out to me, but I dont really waste time any time on it, much better sources which are still in strong living traditions today.

When the Druids falsely converted to Christianity not to save their own lives but to secretly guide the people of the land in ancient ways, this is what is meant by shape shifting. So whatever profound truths are found in Kings James Version of the Bible is part of Original Ancient Britain Cultures Written in Codes by the Druids.

In one sense we can say that we all originate from India or more accurately from the banks of the Ganga when the Earth was one continent. In UK there are still people with knowledge of laylines, its like the earths nervous system and each place has a nadi or junction and thats where they would do practices, something similar or the same as Shakti Peethas, the whole world has them, just like everyone of us has a nervous system and junctions points~ nadi's, how much is really kept in tact and fully known today is questionable, but I am convinced that Druids are alive and well as they knew an ancient art of shapeshifting, this doesnt mean anything silly with the terms that is used today, its more ordinary, it just means adopting a different dress but keeping the same essential nature of their culture. Most of the Old Churches were built of previous sites or places of spiritual practice. This is just one way that Monotheistic Materialists use to wipe out the previous culture and destroy all remaining traces, but its a bit like trying to do genocide, it can damage it but cant totally wipe it out.

In trying to rediscover our ancient~timeless roots and connections especially in places where its been mostly destroyed or damaged beyond all recognition's we sometimes have to use a bit of reverse psychology, if they say something is bad, it means its good, if something is inauspicious it means its auspicious, if something was deemed as a poison it means its medicine. I applied this logic to what we call weeds in present day England, and it turns out that most the weeds are actually medicinal. All lower back problems can be solved by stinging nettles, its only a bit of temporary pain, but the sting stimulates the nervous system and everything just works itself out via that stimulation, they make great teas and can be used in a number of ways, they are also great to use in meditation. one practice is to put them from the spine to neck or just fill them under ones T shirt, it will stimulate Kunadalini. Now I eat weeds without even thinking twice and no harm has come to me so far, in fact my health is very good. I have advised other people to try but they are skeptic and most say no way they will use stnging nettles to cure back problems, they would prefer pain killers, I cant see any form of intelligence in that or to at least not to try, what could be more painful, 10 minutes of strong stimuli which can last 24 hours, after the first ten minutes or so it becomes very nice feeling better then a long life of pain killers and operations.

one day when scrolling I found this English Guy who dedicated most of his life to try and rediscover this ancient knowledge and he now gives courses, the details are in my email somewhere I will try and find it, but its fascinating and I would like to meet him if I get chance.

I visit one Buddhist Monastery near London, and quite near to there is one very large stately home, its now some sort of convention center with a Golf course. A friend of mine found some old records and before the stately home was built it used to be a hermitage where people people from Persia and Indian and the Far east would come to do there practices. But the hermits were killed and a grand Building was built ontop it.

There are many such places. Ancient Britain was known as a refuge and sacred land and hermits from around the world would come and was known as land of refuge for hermits and trees. Trees had a very sacred meaning back in Ancient times, people were known as trees or trees of life, I had some things collected before on another device but I lost it when all when it finally met its fate. All things must pass. But there is some interesting things to share but I never knew if this was the right place and it would take me some time to gather it all back together again, but in a sense there is no need because sanatana dharma is complete and is living culture.

When the the Romans came ( no relations to Roma's) they were defeated twice, and Julia Caesar was sent home packing, in old days dishonour and defeat in battles was considered worse than death, but due to them having no honour, they sent small armies to first kill all the Druids who were the spiritual heads of Ancient Britain and Pagan and Celtic regions, and the country collapsed and the Romans took over and gradually brought in Christianity and enslaved the country. When the Romans took over the Druids which means Seers have some direct connection to Dravidian Culture of Southern Indian, South India has a great traditions of Siddhas and, and they fit into the same social ethos as the Druids, maintained some things in secrecy or undercover.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhar

For some reason, which is more clear to me now I have always had an innate dislike to Christianity, most of my dads family are the same. This must be somewhere in the memory storage. Things can awaken when we practice.

Maybe the same things will come to you and you can help rediscover part of your roma tradition.

My wife is from the Philippines and she has absolutely no idea of her origins, Philippines was taken over by the Spanish Catholics for about 200 years and they were brutal and more or less destoyed the old culture and wiped out almost all the memory in peoples lives of the previous culture, not all and more people are starting to reawaken to it. If you ask most people from the Philippines they will say they were backward natives and the Spanish Christians educated them and they abandoned old superstitions. They have forms of Shiva, there were old Buddhist places who did practices to Golden Maitraya Bodhisattva. They had a similar syllable Alphabet to Sanskrit, not identical, I guess scholars would call it some form of lower prakrit language, I dont agree, Brahma uses Prakriti as a medium, trees, birds and all natural phenomenon, it doesnt need to have classical structure only known for the privileged. Sounds more like class distinction to build up false human hierarchy, not that anything is wrong with classical Sanskrit and the sadhakas that are translating it and teaching dharma, its just that it doesn't have a monopoly over spirituality and other people.

So there is certain important benefits to trace our natural roots. Shiva mantra will help with that immensely.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 19 July 2018 at 03:32 PM.

Thread Information