Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I now undoubtedly accept that Earth is flat (According to Vedas)

Re: I now undoubtedly accept that Earth is flat (According to Vedas)

Namaste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jHsq36_NTU

Another possibility, with some cool music to go with it. Although not a scientists I tend to go be inclined to accept this more.

Apart from all this and whatever the empirical conclusion is it still does not change the fact the Srimad Bhagavatam is not dealing specifically with the outer manifestation of the universal structure but is a full map of consciousness and revealing the Bhagavat Dharma.

Namaste CitizenOfJambuDvipa,

I dont think its any secret that NASA is a branch of military intelligence, so they will always be bluffing the public one way or another.

Hare Krsna

Namaste,

So I have noticed there are a few replies on here that are absolutely ridiculing the ancient texts our wise ancestors have written down, which were passed down orally beginning from Brahma. Should I believe what some users on this forum are saying about the description of our universe or wise Sukadev who narrated cosmology to Parikshit before his demise? I choose to go with our scriptures. As I have stated before, it is stated in MANY of our scriptures, not only Bhagvatam.

It is unfortunate that some on here think the earth being flat according to the Vedas is a propaganda started from a certain sect of our sanatana-dharma, such as ISKCON. Which is WRONG. Many ISKCON devotees are against the notion that earth is flat, even though is very clearly mentioned that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste,

I would like to see where in Hindu scriptures it is written that earth is flat. This is a new revelation to me !
    In my studies, I have not found in Vedas (including VedAnta) and Bhagwad Gita anything which refute any scientific fact.

OM
    Many various scriptures state that the earth is flat. Some are Vayu Purana, Srimad Bhagvatam, Vishnu Purana, and also in the Mahabharata. Sanjaya describes Jambudvipa to Dritarashtra before the takes place because he wanted to know what lands are the Pandavas and Kauravas fighting for, aside from the fact the Kauravas were adharmic.

Quote Originally Posted by Indialover View Post
    Namaste

The interesting linked artice says

Although the Bhagavatam doesn’t explicitly describe the Earth as a globe, it does so indirectly. For example, it points out that night prevails diametrically opposite to a point where it is day. Likewise, the sun sets at a point opposite where it rises. Therefore, the Bhagavatam does not present the naive view that the Earth is flat.

http://www.krishna.com/universe-vedas

Pranam
    The phenomenon of day and night can be easily described on a flat disc shaped earth. It does not mean earth is a globe. Bhagvatam and various puranas all claim earth to be a flat disc of 4 billion miles in diameter.

Thread Information