Hi All

A few questions:

1) Does anyone know any abstract from Itihaas where it mentions a marriage between a Manushya and a Daitya, or a Devta and a Daitya (either way, but opposite genders of course)?

2) In today's world is it possible for a vegetarian/vegan to marry a non-vegetarian and still be able to keep up with his or her spiritual practise?

3) Can non-vegetarianism and spirituality go hand in hand? Even in non-vegetarians there are people who eat beef and there are non-vegetarians that don't.

4) Through some searching I have come to know that Pandavas were meat eating people, Bheem definitely was. Was this not against spiritual practises back then?

5) In Ramayana right before Sita Haran, Sita Mata tells Shri Ram to get her the Swarn Mrig (Golden Deer), for she wants to make an Aasann (seating cloth) for Shri Ram's meditation practise. I am very perplexed how can that be? All avatars take birth to educate mankind about how to lead a righteous life, so how can there be animal killing in such an education? I know it wasn't a real golden deer, but that's not the point, the point in question is that does it conclude that killing of animals for human consumption, not only for food, was fine...??

6) Is cruelty against an animal any less of a paap (sin) as compared to a wrong doing (physical or emotional) against a human being?

I am really curious about all this. Thanks in advance.

Regards

BhaktiSevak